Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry someone the same age as you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you marry someone the same age as you?

How much does the age factor really affect your decision when considering someone? would you feel awkward marrying someone your age?

Re: Would you marry someone the same age as you?

:salams

Nope. Isn't that normal?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      :salams

Nope. Isn't that normal?
      most sisters I know would prefer someone elder. but the brothers that I speak to don't seem fussed. . . So, you wouldn't prefer someone younger?

Comment

hmmm no that's more normal than marrying someone older or younger don't you think?
        The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Not really. I wouldn't really look at age, unless she's old enough to be my mother.

I think sisters says that because they feel younger men are immature. That might be true, however, many young brothers have a good head on their shoulder. If he is pious, then he'll be mature and know his responsibility. :insha:
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

But Women I think mature quicker than men so it's better for a woman to marry someone who's older dunno..
            The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous_mehip View Post
              hmmm no that's more normal than marrying someone older or younger don't you think?
              guess it comes down to personal preference.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Not really. I wouldn't really look at age, unless she's old enough to be my mother.

I think sisters says that because they feel younger men are immature. That might be true, however, many young brothers have a good head on their shoulder. If he is pious, then he'll be mature and know his responsibility. :insha:
                right

Comment

But Women I think mature quicker than men so it's better for a woman to marry someone who's older dunno..
                  Exactly what I think!!!! But would that be a sufficient reason to overlook a propsal without even getting to know the person?

Comment

^People mature at different ages.

Me personally, age isn't such a big issue. But I know for others if the dude isn't 2-4 years older than they are they turn them down before even getting to know him, which is quite silly to be honest.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Old wifes tale i tell youuuu!! I work with brothers and sisters in the 20-25yr range.

The brothers marshAllah are much more mature in comparison.
                      Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.

Comment

doesn't matter the age really as long as she can do sparring with me
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

I wouldn't mind, I don't see a problem with it. I'd have much more in common with him that way, as we grew up at exactly the same time.

Comment

When I was younger (late teens-early twenties) I used to have a strong preference for someone older. like at least 5-10years older. Now I really don't care much about age at all. I would consider someone, older, the same age, or younger. I think a lot of it depends on the maturity level of both people and what they are looking for.
                            Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

my wife is 1 week older than me !

and she say's respect your elders !

Comment

Working...
                              X