Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it alright to make dua'a for a specific person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it alright to make dua'a for a specific person?

As Salaamu Alaikum,

Is it permissible to ask Allah(S.W.T) to grant you a specific person, whether in this dunya or the akhira? Say you know a pious person, and you could see yourself marrying them and spending the rest of your life with them but for whatever reason, such as race, background, distance ect. it would be really hard for you to get married. In such a case, is one allowed to make a dua'a for that person or is it just better to forget and move on?

As Salaamu Alaikum.

Re: Is it alright to make dua'a for a specific person?

why not?
    Nothing is impossible for Allah
    plus this will make u closer to Allah when calling his name and even if ur prayer doesnt get answered, u still get rewarded, just by making that dua
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

:wswrwb:

I can understand. But I wouldn't advice it. Sometimes we think we know what is good for us but Allah knows better. So don't make du'aa Allah grants you so and so person, make du'aa He grants you what's better for you in this dunya and aakhirah, then when you get it, you'll see that yes.. (oh Allah) fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdir wa ta'lamu wa laa a'lam wa anta 3allamul ghuyoob.. I'm sorry I'm useless at translation, but it's from the du'aa of istikhaara

But it's easier said than done. :)
      اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

:wswrwb: Allahu alam, i used to make duaa for someone who was suffering an awful lot, i really wished i could do something to help him, he was someone i didnt know, who didnt know me. 2 years later Allah brought us together in marriage from opposite sides of the world completely by "chance" of course it was qadr but u know what im saying insha Allah. make duaa that Allah give u the best for both of u, maybe it will be each other.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Yes you can:) Make dua you never know it might just happen;)

Comment

Forget it and move on.

The other person is his or her own person, has his/her own thoughts and plans. You shouldn't try to interfere.

There are people who use love spells and go to magicians for these matters. Just goes to show.

You have to let go. Otherwise you will obsess over this person.

Ask Allah (SWT) to provide you with a good, righteous, good-looking husband or wife. That is all you need to do.

Comment

:wswrwb:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/105282
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...pecific-person
                There is no such thing as an Israel,
                It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Umar Ibn Khattab made Dua to Allah for shahadah when he was the khalifah in medinah which was the safest city in the world that time. He got it. Anwar Al Awlaki used this to say, you can make dua for things which seem kinda impossible. So make Dua away, as much as you can.

I wonder if its from the forum
                  "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

No cuse the person may not be good for you, only Allah knows what is in the hearts... make duas for that person and for you to get pious spouse, if it's decreed then you both may be reunited otherwise know that there was someone better for each of you...
                    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

As some have stated above, make dua by asking Allah swt to bless you something which will benefit you, afterall He knows us better than ourselves so He knows whats best for us. However don't think you're not going to make specific dua for a person because of the obstacles and you think it's impossible because nothing is impossible for Allah swt.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

In sha Allah, make dua. If it is not in your qadr then khayr in sha Allah and surely there will be someone better for you, with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala. Dua is worship so at least you will be getting reward for calling out to Allah 'azza wa jal in favour of going about this the haraam way.
                        http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

If he/she is pious, then I don't see anything wrong with wanting to marry a pious person.

However, one should not get attached to someone before marriage that if the Dua'a is not answered, they start getting depressed or something. Not all Dua'as are answered in this world, because Allah knows what's best for us.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I don't tend to make dua for specific dunya things because of the aforementioned reasons, what you think is good for you may not be. Leave it up to Allah and be content with what He ordained.
                            Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

I've made dua for a specific person in the past.

Made dua, that if they're good for my dunya and akhirah. Then wed me to them. If they're not. Then don't let it happen and make my heart satisfied with Your decision.

THANK GOD I didnt get married to that person and got married to who I'm married to today.

Acknowledge that the way we think. What we know. What we feel. Is limited. Our judgement is often flawed. Our knowldge of the future is limited.

We might think we would have a happy and successful life with them in the future. However, only He knows what the future holds for us with that person.

So, trust in the One who knows you better than you know yourself.
                              https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X