Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worried about coping with marriage

Originally posted by SisterA View Post
    Thank you for your response. That kind of describes me as well. I was very sensitive, didn't take criticism well and wanted to please everyone all the time. I've learned I shouldn't change myself for anyone. Changing for the better is always good of course but changing to meet people's expectations is not right. People told me I was too 'nice' and needed to stand up/ speak up for myself more but I never thought that was the case- I didn't let anybody walk all over me, I spoke up when I felt I needed to but other times I really didn't care.

I don't really want to become a chatterbox but being a good conversationalist is something I've aspired to become. I fear turning into a boring person.
    most brothers like your type of sister, so do not think too much about it. its perfectly fine for the sisters to be like this, and its not boring at all. may ALLAH make things easy for you ameen.
    like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
    [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

Re: Worried about coping with marriage

Originally posted by Humble Warrior View Post
      most brothers like your type of sister, so do not think too much about it. its perfectly fine for the sisters to be like this, and its not boring at all. may ALLAH make things easy for you ameen.
      Ameen. & JazakAllah, brother.

Comment

Working...
      X