Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters - Is Ambition an Important Characteristic in a Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nousername
    replied
    Re: Sisters - Is Ambition an Important Characteristic in a Guy?

Originally posted by RX-78-2
    I've given up on looking for a wife till I'm done with grad school. Women ask way too much. Just letting you know ladies, it goes the other way too. Guys with decent jobs are not going to care about what degree or how ambitious or "intelligent" you are. If you can't cook decently or even look good you are laughable for expecting a guy with "ambition".

I've given up on the idea of love. When I'm ready to settle down she better look drop dead gorgeous and cook a decent meal. That's all I care about now. It's not like an actual connection or friendship even matters to you women.
    another women hater who actually knows nothing about women.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Think positive as in be content with what Allah has given you. What are you going to get by venting and using foul language? Is the situation gonna get any better? No.

Say Alhamdulillah, because whatever has happened is the will of Allah an d it's best for us, even if we don't see it.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Well, if you don't then why talk like this here? Some of the real personality can be seen through words, too, by the way.

And, please, no need to use foul language. :insha:

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Are you seriously joking lol. Yes, I want a muslim wife....Why should I care about how pious they are? If they don't drink, pray, don't commit zina, etc then that's good enough for me. That's the default for anyone.
    That's not the default for practicing Muslims.

That's the minimum any Muslim should be doing.

My manners are perfectly fine. I give what I get.
    Brother, take it from an outsider. Even though you might think your manners are fine, but we as outsiders see you differently. So, if we point out something, then it's worth thinking about.

You can't just go and say it's fine, when others are giving you advice to improve upon. The person you marry will also consider this as an outsider.

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

that is relevant how? And you are who? Some guy who wants to come complain about how everyone is rejecting him? I don't think it is your lack of money that is the problem. It is your lack of manners.

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

RX, it seems to me you don't like women very much. What kind of self respecting woman would want to enter a relationship with some one who thinks so poorly of them? Love women and they will love you back, lol. Sure, there may be a lot of a materialistic people, but there are also plenty who aren't. It depends on who you surround yourself with. Think positive and that will help attract the right kind of person inshAllah.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Well, you can find a lot of people to get along with. But, that's not the criteria for us Muslims. It is deen.

So, :insha: work on that and ask Allah for help.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Do you personally have the qualities that you are looking for in a sister?

I mean, one don't expect a very pious spouse if she/he isn't pious him/herself.

Plus, like I said, it is possibly the fact that you came acorss the wrong kinds. Wallahu Alam.

Leave a comment:

• Saqr
    replied

lol, the only ones who didn't care about material things were non-muslim women. Shame, I can't date. It's almost too tempting sometimes. but, I won't give in. All I wanted was someone to share my life with. I didn't realise I needed a CV and a picture of my pad.
    Salam bro, I was in your position sometime ago, I didn't think there were that many very pious Muslim sisters - but the truth is, there aren't many very pious Muslim brothers either. Pious people can't seem to find one another these days it seems.

If you want to find someone, then you really need to be looking, and sure that can take time, from a few weeks, months to some years, we can't control that. Just be sincere in your search and rely on Allah (swt), and you'll find someone insh'Allah. I'm not looking for a sister either, like you I'm finishing grad school and starting law school - so I'm booked for a few years. That said, if you want someone then look, even if you have to look hard - chances are, someone is looking for you too.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Brother, I think you just came across the wrong sisters. There are many sisters who are pious and prefer piety over everything else.

Leave a comment:

• Saqr
    replied

I'll find a "good" sister but realistically she' won't be any different than any of the other ones who rejected me when I was nothing. It's not even this forum. It's real life as well. When I started working out and got jacked I got loads more attention from women. I can't do anything about this cause I don't date. When I get a good career suddenly all the "good" sisters will come flying out of the woodwork. Where were they when I was sweating it? I'm not going to suffer for years single just to settle for some painted up plain jane or fatty. I never cared about looks before but really what else is there for me to consider anymore? Obviously not kindness.

I'm not into the ambition they're talking about. I'm doing grad school because it's what I love. In fact it's why I won't have enough money to get married for years to come. I enjoy academia and learning. It' just happens to be that when I' have my doctorate I'm guaranteed a pretty good income
    Bro are you sure you're in grad school because you love academia, sounds like you just wanted time to watch more Gundam :P

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

What else to consider? Deen.

Leave a comment:

• -Shamil-
    replied

I've given up on looking for a wife till I'm done with grad school. Women ask way too much. Just letting you know ladies, it goes the other way too. Guys with decent jobs are not going to care about what degree or how ambitious or "intelligent" you are. If you can't cook decently or even look good you are laughable for expecting a guy with "ambition".

I've given up on the idea of love. When I'm ready to settle down she better look drop dead gorgeous and cook a decent meal. That's all I care about now. It's not like an actual connection or friendship even matters to you women.
    keep looking - you'll find a good sister inshallah...there are sisters out there that are humble and coudnt care less what job her husband did as long as he provided - this forum aint representative of anything...i know loads of brothers who are happily married even though none of them happens to be the CEO of Micrsoft or IBM

ps one piece of advice, if your not into this ambitious, high-flying, must-climb-the-corporate-ladder crap, dont force yourself into it just to find a wife...find a job you enjoy rather than a job some random woman wants you to do...she's not the one thats gonna have to wake up and go in for the rest of her life

Leave a comment:

• Jigsaw
    replied

I'm not so sure about this. Many men would be happy with a wife who did not work, or cause trouble within the immediate family political area by being even slightly ambitious.

This is domestic oppression > but this is considered by more than 60% of Muslims in Britain and around the world as Islamic. But maybe these men mould their women as they are themselves. By that reasoning many Muslim men would be classed as non ambitious.

Otherwise an ambitious successful woman is a very powerful thing in a society.

Originally posted by Liberty View Post
    I think that ambition is a very important characteristic in a woman as well. I wouldn't want to marry someone who didn't want to do anything with their life.
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 27-03-12, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

To me ambition means having a sense of direction, goals, and a realistic path to achieving them. It is not limited to work or career. In terms of the career/job aspect one thing is honestly liking what you do and being satisfied with doing it in the long term, even if it is not something you want to expand on. Another thing is just resigning yourself to something just because you don't have any sense of direction for something better. Personally, I don't want someone married to their job or a high flying career person, but I do have a lot of respect for someone who does something meaningful which utilizes their talent, that they feel passionate about even if they don't earn much doing it. We should all be working towards fulfilling our potential and putting to good use the best qualities Allah blessed us with. Whatever you do, you should feel proud to look back having spent 50 years of your life doing it. If you can't do that, then look for something you would be happy to have spent your life on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X