Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters - Is Ambition an Important Characteristic in a Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters - Is Ambition an Important Characteristic in a Guy?

Originally posted by shazj View Post
    My husband puts in time and energy into his deen and his career Alhamdulillah. According to you he is doing something useless and pointless?
    career, yes - deen, no

Comment

But is career any different to deen

You could have a brother with a very good job, ambitious, confident etc but his intention may be to serve the ummah of Nabi :saw:, or to do da'wah, or to strive hard in his role as a husband and father.

Deen is an integral part of our lives and not just limited to the five pillars
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
        career, yes - deen, no
        Don't you think it was more of a waste of time and energy spending all those years studying for a degree you didn't want to pursue? As for my husband putting in time and energy into his career, it's actually quite impressive mashaALLAH. Unlike many, he works hard to put the bread and butter on the table and Alhamdulillah, as days go by, I appreciate him more and more for being such an all rounded person.
        Mrs B

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          But is career any different to deen

You could have a brother with a very good job, ambitious, confident etc but his intention may be to serve the ummah of Nabi :saw:, or to do da'wah, or to strive hard in his role as a husband and father.

Deen is an integral part of our lives and not just limited to the five pillars
          depends what career, i suppose - my career would not benefit the ummah in anyway had i chosen it...i suppose if your studying medicine and for the sake of Allah (SWT) you wanna help people, then that comes under deen and you've found a perfect balance alhumdulillah

all the people i know that are obsessed with careers unfortunately do not have that intention - its more about earning more and more every year, always looking for thet pay rise - about getting the promotion and buying the nice car or big house - about really working hard and striving for something that has no relation to your deen and is not gonna help in one bit in the afterlife...why?

Comment

Originally posted by shazj View Post
            Don't you think it was more of a waste of time and energy spending all those years studying for a degree you didn't want to pursue? As for my husband putting in time and energy into his career, it's actually quite impressive mashaALLAH. Unlike many, he works hard to put the bread and butter on the table and Alhamdulillah, as days go by, I appreciate him more and more for being such an all rounded person.
            it was a waste tbh but at that stage in my life i had no choice but go to uni - parents wanna see that piece of paper that somehow makes you a better human being and makes you a better marriage prospect and gives you more respect from the community - all total and utter nonsense of course but thats the way the ummah thinks nowadays and i had to go through with the charade

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
              career, yes - deen, no
              What if your career is to help the Ummah?

In fact, any man who earns his income in a halal manner and spends on his family intending for reward from Allah, it will be sadaqah for him.

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best dinar that a man spends is a dinar that he spends on his family, and a dinar that a man spends on his mount (for jihad) for the sake of Allaah, and a dinar that he spends on his companions (in jihad) for the sake of Allaah.”

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will never spend anything seeking thereby the Countenance of Allaah, but you will be rewarded for it, even (the morsel) that you put in your wife’s mouth.”

Ho beautiful is this deen, and how Merciful is our Lord? :D
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                What if your career is to help the Ummah?

In fact, any man who earns his income in a halal manner and spends on his family intending for reward from Allah, it will be sadaqah for him.

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best dinar that a man spends is a dinar that he spends on his family, and a dinar that a man spends on his mount (for jihad) for the sake of Allaah, and a dinar that he spends on his companions (in jihad) for the sake of Allaah.”

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will never spend anything seeking thereby the Countenance of Allaah, but you will be rewarded for it, even (the morsel) that you put in your wife’s mouth.”

Ho beautiful is this deen, and how Merciful is our Lord? :D
                yes i answered that above - people who have that balance are rare and blessed

plus most of us work and earn halal income but that doesnt mean we focus our energy and time on career

Comment

I wouldn't use that word most. Only Allah know what one's intention is.
                  We should assume best for our brothers and sisters, right?
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

In my view, ambition is a good quality that a man should hav. Bcz, a man is d one who should earn much rather than woman. He s d one who should maintain d family economy. It s our traditional concept. And also u said dt it s not ur favrt job. It may or may not b, anyhow u reached in that job. Nw ur duty is to shine in ur job, u must do it wel. Otherwise u can seek anthr job as per ur interest, or u can do sidejobs whch would giv u comfort. Brother, these are all d things dat a girl will lyk, a good girl wil lyk.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      I wouldn't use that word most. Only Allah know what one's intention is.
                      We should assume best for our brothers and sisters, right?
                      I dont understand what you mean - i said most of us earn halal income, is that not true?

Comment

Oh, right.

I thought you meant most of us earn just for the sake of earning money and getting promotion, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bushra_gafoor09 View Post
                          In my view, ambition is a good quality that a man should hav. Bcz, a man is d one who should earn much rather than woman. He s d one who should maintain d family economy. It s our traditional concept. And also u said dt it s not ur favrt job. It may or may not b, anyhow u reached in that job. Nw ur duty is to shine in ur job, u must do it wel. Otherwise u can seek anthr job as per ur interest, or u can do sidejobs whch would giv u comfort. Brother, these are all d things dat a girl will lyk, a good girl wil lyk.
                          thing is i already have a job as per my interest - its low-paid but the wage is enough for me and would be enough for me and a wife and even children to live on imo...you can maintain your family without having a high-profile career

also i think a girl who decides she wants to marry me based on my career or wage packet is definitely not worth it

Comment

:wswrwb:

It's not an important characteristic for me. As you said, a lack of career ambition does not mean that a person has no ambition at all. As long as the husband can provide for the family and is compatible character-wise, then it doesn't really matter. You work to live, not live to work.
                            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                            -Muslim

Comment

^ As you can see in this thread theres sisters who value ambition and those who don't. If you're not ambitious then maybe you should go for someone who isn't either OR someone for whom its not an important characteristic to have in their potential spouse.
                              17-07

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X