X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't people get married?

As salaamualeikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Hello Muslim peeps!

I keep hearing about women who can't get married and men who can't get married and I keep thinking - why not? What is preventing people from getting married?

Comments! Suggestions!
    Sisters: Wali won't give permission
    6.83%
    Sisters: No one asked
    13.49%
    Sisters: Not finished education
    10.48%
    Sisters: Children from previous marriage
    1.90%
    Sisters: No pious Brothers
    10.95%
    Brothers: No money :(
    23.65%
    Brothers: Her Wali won't give permission
    3.97%
    Brothers: Not finished education
    12.22%
    Brothers: Children from previous marriage
    2.38%
    Brothers: No pious Sisters
    14.13%
    "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Re: Why can't people get married?

:wswrwb:

Still in school.
    No stable job/income.
    Parents not allowing.
    No able to find a compatible match.
    Don't want to marry right now.

Not my issues. Just generally.
    Last edited by .mirror.; 28-11-11, 07:46 PM.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

No-one's floating my boat atm. Insha'Allah, one day, I shall find a Muslim brother who'll sweep me off my feet :)

Comment

and cvs

Comment

for me its that im looking for a sister with certain qualities in them, and they are hard to find. money isint an issue so much anymore alhamdulilah, otherwise why would i go looking.
          Last edited by uncle umar; 28-11-11, 07:38 PM.
          And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

i voted for everything
            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
              i voted for everything
              Hopefully just in the brother's questions :)

Comment

why did u have 2 mess the poll up

Comment

Marriage isn't something I'm too worried about. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Therefore, I don't need to stress over it or worry about when the next person will come along. Just use your single time to gain as much ilm as you can and get closer to Allah.

As for why people are not getting married? I'd say it's because some are picky, some can't find people who are religious, some don't care, and some have bad experience.
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                  ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

edit
                    Last edited by anonymous_mehip; 17-02-12, 03:53 AM. Reason: err people change

Comment

Im happy being single, dont want to get married. If its decreed for me, it'll happen nonetheless, but if not then i ain't trippin.
                      Last edited by MoMo.; 28-11-11, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous_mehip View Post
                        wa aleykom salam wa rahmatoullah wa barakatu
                        Because my mom doesnt want me to until i'm done with my studies or if i get a job.. and also no one asked.. and I want a "white" revert... don't freak out lol before i started practicing Islam i was attracted to white guys so i don't know why all of a sudden i should marry someone from another background ..of course a pious man but if he can be what i'm attracted to, then great :D ..yeah maybe i'm picky
                        so ..
                        lol, I have a friend from Sri Lanka who wanted to marry a white revert. She did too and they are very happy mashallah. Just don't let a superficial preference stop you from marrying a good, pious man, inshallah, if the day should come. :)

Comment

Qadar, and living in remote villages.

Comment

No pious Brothers!!

Comment

I think being too picky is a big reason why a lot of people aren't married. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily, but year after year and no marriage, then it gets to a bad point. I've been picky myself and held out for quite some time, but I feel I've found the right person. Yay! :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                              X