Why can't people get married?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why can't people get married?

im not being that picky. im just looking for one quality.

just one. but nobody really has it.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Juvegirl View Post
      Hopefully just in the brother's questions :)
      nope. everything :P
      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

:wswrwb:

As salaamualeikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Hello Muslim peeps!

I keep hearing about women who can't get married and men who can't get married and I keep thinking - why not? What is preventing people from getting married?

Comments! Suggestions!
        some do really want to get married but nothing works out for them, so it's simply qadr and that option is missing from the poll =)
        sigpic

Comment

From speaking with sisters i know the problem for them is families living in remote areas with no connections to communities or contacts, hence not being able to meet people.
          Patience...

Comment

my culture ,,in Somali culture we dont have the arrange marrige thing ,,i wish we have it ,, yeah so every somali girl that i know have to go dating and wedding to be seen. and if u do u cant find a religious brother at wedding nor he will be fine with dating ,, arrrrrrrgh.

Comment

No pious brothers on the lead?
              Really?

Why's it that so many pious brothers are also looking for a long time, then?
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Waikum Assalam,

My parents won't let me marry a revert.

Comment

Welll I think dating should be acceptable in islam.... because how can you marry someone without going out with them? You need to spend timw with them and live with someone so that you know you can trust them and they don't turn out to be something else.... is there such thing as halal dating??

Comment

lol, I have a friend from Sri Lanka who wanted to marry a white revert. She did too and they are very happy mashallah. Just don't let a superficial preference stop you from marrying a good, pious man, inshallah, if the day should come. :)
                    yes In sha Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Afghani786 View Post
                      Welll I think dating should be acceptable in islam.... because how can you marry someone without going out with them? You need to spend timw with them and live with someone so that you know you can trust them and they don't turn out to be something else.... is there such thing as halal dating??
                      Nope

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                        im not being that picky. im just looking for one quality.

just one. but nobody really has it.
                        what's that quality?

Comment

sister there is no such thing as halal dating.

trsut me doing it like how the kaafirs do it is not going to solve anything. the islamic way is better because you do all the talk before marriage with a wali, which keeps emotions out of it. emotions blind people sister and often times people will get into a relation with somone they know is a bad person but because they "love" them they go forward with it anyways. eventually they have an ugly break up and it causes alot of trouble.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by SummerIntheCity View Post
                            Waikum Assalam,

My parents won't let me marry a revert.
                            Then, look for someone who is not a revert. Any quality that a revert has can be found in a born-Muslim. There are many born-Muslims who don't give in to cultural nonsense, and many revert who still hold on to their cultures after coming to Islam.

No, you don't need to spend time with them like that.

People date for years and get married, and then few years later end up divorcing. So, it's not really something that will tell you anything for certain. Most importantly, it's against Islam.

You can talk to a potential spouse all you want as long as you both are not alone. Just by talking you'll know enough to be able to know whether he's compatible with you or not. That's how Muslims do it and many have succesful marriages. :masha:

Lastly, place your trust in Allah.
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

You have to have a 3rd person present #Akward LOL!

Yeahhh true true ... Allah is all knowing!!... there are reasons why we arent allowed to do certain things!

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                                No pious brothers on the lead?
                                Really?

Why's it that so many pious brothers are also looking for a long time, then?
                                yeah man believe or not there is shortage of pious brothers in uk..lol

Comment

Working...
                                X