X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why can't people get married?

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    in real life, people don't share their problems

they have to show others they're surviving and playing happy families quite well
    In real life people create almost all of their problems,

Like my son/daughter must do his or her master's before they get married, then my son or daughter in law must have equivalent or higher qualifications otherwise they arnt suitable,

Personally know sister relative who isn't married cause she has PhD of I recall correctly, so anyone with lesser qualifications is auto disqualified

With self inflicted problems like this we don't even have a right to complain about difficulty in marriage.

There are many other self inflicted problems, that was just one of them,

Reality is most people don't follow the Qur'an and Sunnah when it comes marriage,so they are asking for problems.

:jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
      Because of parents who put unreasonable cultural pressure on their sons. It's heartbreaking.
      what cultural pressure? you mean pressure to marry from within the same culture?
      Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
        what cultural pressure? you mean pressure to marry from within the same culture?
        Any such pressure that goes against Islam.

Comment

Any such pressure that goes against Islam.
          can you provide examples of "cultural pressure" being applied by parents to sons preventing them from marriage?
          Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
            can you provide examples of "cultural pressure" being applied by parents to sons preventing them from marriage?
            Yes any such cultural pressure such as the marrying within your own ethnicity as you suggested and anything else that comes from a cultural perspective.

Comment

Yes any such cultural pressure such as the marrying within your own ethnicity as you suggested and anything else that comes from a cultural perspective.
              Interesting. I dont see how that would stop them from getting married though, as there is usually an adequate supply of suitable women from their own culture available for marriage...unless of course he has somehow become "emotionally attached" enough to develop a preference for a particular individual who happens to be of a different culture...not sure how that can happen while adhering to the expected norms within the islamic social paradigm.

Comment

• bump

Comment

• Why?

I believe someone told me because no one wants me.

They were joking, since that's how we are, but they might be right too haha.
                  مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                  It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                  Surah al-Baqarah
                  [2:245]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                  ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                    Why?

I believe someone told me because no one wants me.

They were joking, since that's how we are, but they might be right too haha.
                    Ha! I doubt that.

In re to the OP, why? One of life's big mysteries I suppose....
                    Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

• نصیب

You get what is written for you, when it is written for you.

Comment

• I think marriage is probably one of the biggest trails of modern times. Wherever you look, for every one success, there are like 10 fail stories. Everyone is looking for that perfect match but rare a few will find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FKY View Post
                          I think marriage is probably one of the biggest trails of modern times. Wherever you look, for every one success, there are like 10 fail stories. Everyone is looking for that perfect match but rare a few will find it.
                          Too many fairytales in our heads and living for this life.
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                          -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Too many fairytales in our heads and living for this life.
                            Fairytales is correct. But the fall from cloud9 is a painful one.

Comment

• Maybe because people are not willing to sacrifice. So they wait it out in hope of finding someone that perfectly ticks all the requirements.

Comment

Working...
                              X