Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Points?

Salams

I read in another post a sister saying something like that if a girl agree's or wants to be a man's 2,3 or 4th wife she may be old or desperate or trying to score points.

That's not true.

When i was married i was very young and my husbands only wife. I supported polygmy then and i still do now even though i'm divorced.

Why do i support polygmy?

1. For me i would like to see my husband 2 or 3 times in a week because i think that when your in each others faces all the time after a while you might start getting annoyed/bored of each other. however if you see eachother only a few times in a week you have the chance to miss each other and the time you do have together you'd appreciate it more. Some married couples may live with eachother all the time but after a while they can get soo used to each other, sometimes spark starts to fade.

2. Love for your sister what you love for yourself, there are so many pious sisters out there looking to get married regardless if they are virgins, divorcee's or widows who need a mans financial, physical and emotional support, a leader for them. No one should get left behind.

3. Less chance of a man commiting zina, if a man has 4 wives who he is very attracted to, he probably wouldnt be thinking of or doing any zina actions.(hopefully)

4. More children, in Islam we are encouraged to have a lot of children, if you have more then 1 wife then hopefully a lot more kids. eg 4 wives, 5 kids from each wife = 20 kids : )

5. The Prophet(saw) practised polygmy and many of the Sahaba and the Prophet(saw) is the best of creation and the Sahaba the best generation.

6. I would have so much more time to do the things i want like learn arabic and other islamic sciences. Have more time for my family and friends.

I am not old, desparate or trying to score points. I dont care if the brothers are for or against polygmy on this forum. On this forum there are many differant opinions on this subject.

Lastly i know that there are many many sisters who wouldn't want there husbands to take on another wife which is fine i respect there opinion but please do not force your opinions on people like me, please learn to respect our opinion as well.

At the end of the day our goal is to attain Paradise so if my future husband for whatever reason already has a wife or wanted to take on another wife i would InshaAllah be content with his decision.
    Muslimah Forever InshaAllah

Re: What Points?

Originally posted by Muslimah* View Post

At the end of the day our goal is to attain Paradise so if my future husband for whatever reason already has a wife or wanted to take on another wife i would InshaAllah be content with his decision.
    Wa Aalaikum Assalam

May Allah increase muslimeen who truly believe and act on that bolded statement.

May Allah give you jannah ukhti, and make the Last Day a day without being accounted, ameen.
    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Salam

Sos, totally ignore that points comment. Trust me, no brother is thinking that you're doing this to show off.

May Allah be pleased with you for your good intentions.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

May Allah reward you. I wonder what type of job the brother must need to support four women.

Comment

Asalaamu Alaikum,

This post gives hope to our Ummah.
          A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

:wswrwb:

Just like you feel these things and believe them to be as you think they are (esp. points 1, 3 and 6), respect that others have the right to their own views so long as they don't reject that polygyny is completely acceptable in Islam and is not to be abhorred as you claim to.

In particularly, in regards to point 2: there are so many single Brothers out there, that if I ever get married bi'ithnillah, I'd focus on getting my single Muslim Sisters and Brothers married. I completely disagree with point 3; this is not true for all Brothers as is very much evident, and besides, Islam is a test - lets realise that. Masha'Allah at point 4, though.
            Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
            O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

salam sis,

don't listen to what that silly girl said. she is banned now anyways for revealing herself to be extremely rude, to say the least.
              Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
              Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                salam sis,

don't listen to what that silly girl said. she is banned now anyways for revealing herself to be extremely rude, to say the least.
                w.salam :D

I hope she understands and rectifys her mistakes.

Comment

I approve this message.
                  There is rest only in the aakhira.
                  Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                  and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                  then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                  That's right, a nude dog.
                  The Deepweb is disgusting.
                  - Unknown -

Links
                  The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                  Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
                    :wswrwb:

Just like you feel these things and believe them to be as you think they are (esp. points 1, 3 and 6), respect that others have the right to their own views so long as they don't reject that polygyny is completely acceptable in Islam and is not to be abhorred as you claim to.

In particularly, in regards to point 2: there are so many single Brothers out there, that if I ever get married bi'ithnillah, I'd focus on getting my single Muslim Sisters and Brothers married. I completely disagree with point 3; this is not true for all Brothers as is very much evident, and besides, Islam is a test - lets realise that. Masha'Allah at point 4, though.
                    I respect your opinion :D

Comment

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
                      I approve this message.
                      What does that mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X