X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best and the worst...

As Salaamu Alaikum,

The best thing after Iman and the worst thing after Kufr [women]

It is reported that ĎUmar b. Al-Khatt‚b Ė All‚h be pleased with him Ė once addressed the people and said:

No man can have anything better after faith (Óm‚n) than a woman of righteous character, loving and child-bearing. And no man can have anything worse after unbelief (kufr) than a sharp-tongued woman of bad character.

Al-H‚fidh Abul-Q‚sim Al-Asbah‚nÓ, Al-TarghÓb wa Al-TarhÓb article 1528.

Just a few words to consider when looking for a wife...

Re: The best and the worst...

I knew this thread wouldn't get a single response. Maybe i should trying making a useless thread, one similar to kicking you wife out for being a bad cook, and see what kind of results i get.

Comment

^What's with the moods? =/

JazakAllahu Khairan for posting this up, I was looking for this the other day, but didn't see this thread.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

:wswrwb:

:jkk:

I'm sure people read it. It has 72 views, but nothing to debate over, I guess.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:alhumdull
          ☝🏻️اللهمَّ لك الحمد حتى ترضى، ولك الحمد إذا رضيت، ولك الحمد بعد الرضا

Comment

Alhamduliah :jkk:
            الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
              I knew this thread wouldn't get a single response. Maybe i should trying making a useless thread, one similar to kicking you wife out for being a bad cook, and see what kind of results i get.
              :lahawla:

The thread was beneficial, but were you seeking reward from Allah or us ? If you were seeking your reward from Allah, then you have done your part by conveying the message and whomever reads and benefits from it an equal share would be deposited into your account of good deeds. If you were seeking reward and approval from us, then we are not able to reward you with anything and you have lost out from obtaining many good deeds. Reminder for us all: beware of riyaa.
              Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Comment

Originally posted by ibnFalaax View Post
                :lahawla:

The thread was beneficial, but were you seeking reward from Allah or us ? If you were seeking your reward from Allah, then you have done your part by conveying the message and whomever reads and benefits from it an equal share would be deposited into your account of good deeds. If you were seeking reward and approval from us, then we are not able to reward you with anything and you have lost out from obtaining many good deeds. Reminder for us all: beware of riyaa.
                What kind of reward could i possibly get from you? I was merely stating a fact about the kinds of thread that appeal to people in this section. You should probably go back to your "fun thread".

Comment

Working...
                X