X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Secret 2nd wives and double lives

Originally posted by Russo View Post
    WHy do you keep saying its a criminal offence like a general statement applicable globally?

Only a civil wedding happening more than once is a criminal offence.

In the UK for example, most people in a polygamous marriages will usually have one "official wife" and the rest only have a nikkah done. Nikkah is not recognised. So a muslim man can have up to four wives if he wanted. In fact, they dont even have to a a civil wedding if they dont want to. That is just done to get the marriage recognised and have laws protect them financially should death of spouse occur or divorce.

If I get married to someone already married, I am not going to ask him to have another civil marriage (if he done one already), I would just be 2nd; 3rd or 4th wife by just having a nikkah. Its not rocket science!
    Yes, it is not rocket science but it could have been better if would have read thread # 123:zzz:. At least in USA, this is the ground reality.

Comment

Originally posted by saadullahkhan View Post
      Yes, it is not rocket science but it could have been better if would have read thread # 123:zzz:. At least in USA, this is the ground reality.

is it illegal in the US for a man to have more than one girlfreind ?? if not then how on earth can it be illegal or an arrestable offence for a muslim man to have two three or four wives if they were married by nikkah only ?
      Last edited by *asiya*; 22-11-11, 03:22 AM.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
        is it illegal in the US for a man to have more than one girlfreind ?? if not then how on earth can it be illegal for a muslim man to have two three or four wives if they were married by nikkah only ?
        Yeah, I was thinking that, too.

I'd like some proof for that.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          is it illegal in the US for a man to have more than one girlfreind ?? if not then how on earth can it be illegal or an arresstable offence for a muslim man to have two three or four wives if they were married by nikkah only ?
          Good inquiry, and answer is simple. In US and most of western countries, as I have mentioned multiple times within this thread), they have declared polygamy or polygyne illegal by law. So, nobody cares, how many girlfriends you may have, I also further said earlier, nobody cares how many sex partners (even same sex) you may have, even gays and lesbians have legal rights to marry by law, but when it comes to Islamic plural marriage, there comes the law against polygamy (to understand this point clearly, please also read thread #123). What a pity! That is one most important reason why I kept awakening the Ummah (which I have a feeling, will never bother), that we need to work to get this Islamic right both for brothers and sisters in Islam to be able to, gracefully and without any fear of getting handcuffed, get into plural marriages, should a Muslim brother or sister chose to. This is their right based on Quran, Islamic Sharia and Sunna.

Saddest part, Muslim Ummah always chose to sleep on this issue. I am upset to see that gays and lesbians have done better than the Ummah to fight for their rights, even though it is most disgusting thing ever, shameful and un-natural. But they really fought for it and got what they wanted. What did Ummah do to have this Islamic right legalize in the west???:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Comment

In which state is it a crime to have unregistered marriages?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              In which state is it a crime to have unregistered marriages?
              Don't you know polygamy and polygyne is a crime almost everywhere in the west? In Utah, US, the authorities put Mormans in jail for polygamy (which Mormans do as per their believes but falls under the same polygamy category). You still didn't get a chance to read posting #123 in this thread, yeah? Please do before asking further questions on this.

Comment

Don't you know polygamy and polygyne is a crime almost everywhere in the west? In Utah, US, the authorities put Mormans in jail for polygamy (which Mormans do as per their believes but falls under the same polygamy category). You still didn't get a chance to read posting #123 in this thread, yeah? Please do before asking further questions on this.
                have read the post 123.

so how does the state know that a man stood in his living room, with a womans wali, and two witnesses and the wali said i marry u to this woman ? no one could know that. its not registered with the county. its impossible for them to know that they are married, they could be boyfreind and girlfreind, the law does not recognise islamic marriages done in ppls living rooms, so until it is an arrestable offence for a man to be dating more than one woman, then its not an arestable offence for a muslim man to have nikkah done in his own home, and for him to do that with up to 4 women.

( its not even an arestable offence for a man married in the law of the state to commit adultery )
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I recently came across this. I had a bit of giggle about it but on a serious note, I dont see why it should be just restricted to sisters. Its the brothers that are also causing an issue:

CAN THE "OBEDIENT WIVES CLUB" WORK IN THE UK?

Date: Wednesday 23rd November 2011
                  Time: 6.30 pm - 8.00 pm
                  Venue: Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, Holborn, London, WC1R 4RL

A debate and discussion with Brother Mohammad Ali and his two wives, founding members of the Global Ikhwan Polygamy Club. In July this year Global Ikhwan, a Muslim group based in Malaysia launched the Obedient Wives Club with the admirable intentions of helping to curb various social ills, including prostitution,
                  gambling and domestic violence. They seek to achieve this by showing Muslim wives how to be more submissive and appealing to their husbands. They also highlight the importance of more spirituality in marriage and the positive benefits of polygamy when practised in an open, natural and holistic manner. The
                  understanding is that this would lead to more harmonious marriages and societies.

Branches have since opened in Australia, Indonesia, Jordan, Singapore, and now London. With increasingly large numbers of divorced women with children, as well as unmarried women in their 30s and 40s who have not been able to find suitable spouses, could this present a viable option for women in the UK? Could it also help discourage men from ordering "mail order brides" from around the Muslim world, whilst curbing their secret weekend retreats, made easier thanks to budget airlines?

Everyone is welcome to attend what promises to be a highly thought-provoking and engaging discussion. Admission is free but prior registration is requested.

For further information please contact:
                  Tel: 07956 983 609
                  E-mail: [email protected]

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

Post 123 doesn't answer my question.

Can you post a link that says unregistered marriages are a crime in Utah?

Comment

This is correct. Polygamy is practiced openly here, as in whenever you go out shopping in town, there are polygamist families everywhere (you know based on how they are dressed); however, if there are complaints made and the authorities follow up on it, arrests can be made. There are cases of this documented. The man marries one wife with a marriage license and the other marriages are not licensed. The reason why there are arrests made is because oftentimes the marriages exist between couples where one partner is under the legal age for marriage. Also, Utah is a common law state, as are various others, which means, depending on the state, that after a certain period of time of cohabitating together and if you are presenting yourself as husband and wife (and other stipulations), you are considered married by the state without having a traditional marriage with a license.
                      Last edited by Sister_2009; 22-11-11, 04:42 PM. Reason: Added more info...

Comment

He's told her.
                        There is rest only in the aakhira.
                        Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                        and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                        then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                        That's right, a nude dog.
                        The Deepweb is disgusting.
                        - Unknown -

Links
                        The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                        Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
                          He's told her.
                          إن لله وإن إليه راجعون
                          Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                          http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

damn! This thread's got some epic replies. Makes you feel sorry for some husbands / would-be husbands.
                            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
                              (you know based on how they are dressed)
                              How's that, sis??
                              Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Allah the Exalted said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom, and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
                                He's told her.

Khir :insha:

may Allah ease her pain ,,,, man walahiii her hubby deserves this
                                v
                                v
                                v
                                v

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Comment

Working...
                                X