Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions - marry abroad or home?

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Bangladesh isn't for me. I don't fit in, I felt suffocated. Some parts are nice but I wouldn't migrate there.

I don't like anything about a man that watches women on TV tbh, it's a major put off. I understand we are told that it is in the nature of some men and women to have desires and in my personal opinion my ideal potential will not be watching dramas or tv because it is a fitnah for him. He will be watching uncovered women on tv and I don't like that at all.

It's okay if he watches football, Islamic lectures, nature documents and shows about gadgets now and then etc. Otherwise :/ sorry to be so blunt, some may call it extreme and say it's double standards but I don't see it that way. I would like him to lower his gaze so he appreciates the more simple things in life and what he has already been blessed with.

The more a man sees the more he wants brother, this is what our generation is failing to recognise. This can apply to some women too. It only leads to being ungrateful towards your spouse and wanting other things.

Allah hu alam

I'm not sure about marriage I have a lot of fear about it and I am trying to change that for my own betterment. It's not healthy for me to view marriage so negatively. The potentials have a lot of expectations and I don't want enter marriage where they want me to be their Miss Universe. I am just a human. As you know Bengali parents will flip if they find out their daughter doesn't want to get married. It's understandable to be worried because you want the best for your daughter.

I am having a break and it is so wonderful. I'm not in a rush but the clock is ticking away and my parents are my priority.

I'm studying something lol I am teaching myself Arabic but that's just impossible, I have to find other ways because it will take a me A CENTURY to learn like this I studied IT in college and I don't get IT jokes. But there is this joke I will never get tired of.

*clears throat
    *ahem

What did the carton of milk say to the OTHER carton of milk?

> what's up DUDE? :rotfl: I love it, I don't think I'll get tired of it. It's genius.

Don't be confused. As I have said before forget all that nonsense about western women not being good homemakers and getting divorced etc..... get a good job, get settled, get your citizenship and get in contact with the men in your locality and start seeking actively and then you will have a rough idea about what's out there for you.

You might even find a Bengali girl that has travelled to Europe for studies with similar backgrounds.

I will be honest. I will not consider someone in your position because you're not settled. As you can appreciate a father will not give away his daughter to anyone that hasn't established himself, the wali has full responsibility in who gives his daughter away too. He is passing on his responsibilities to you to take care of his daughter.

This is what some potentials have to understand before they start crying 'oh no girls are so picky, these cultural families blah blah blah' well, these families have to be very cautious about this whole marriage process, their daughters are leaving them for a complete 'stranger', it's a huge step. It helps to have some family near by.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you, if you want to ask me any questions then I am more than happy to answer them for you.

All the best!
    Lol that was a good joke though!

I understand where you are coming from and its also quite obvious. I think you have the right to your views and you have the right to demand as such from your spouse too. Appreciate your responses too. It gives good insight into the ifs and buts that I have had.

Not too worried about citizenship and settlement either. I am sure something will work out! ;) But the process of finding the right one will take time and so its vital that I ask myself these questions to be very clear by the time I am set.

Thanks for your detailed responses though!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
      Marry abroad ....
      And your reasons would be...?!

Comment

Originally posted by On.My.Own View Post
        And your reasons would be...?!
        I dont know man .i feel in general women abroad are more loving and caring and probably might listen to me more ,
        I am inclined to feel that way.

There are gem of sisters here but they are extremely picky.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I dont know man .i feel in general women abroad are more loving and caring and probably might listen to me more ,

Interesting. Ya it could be so. Just curious, where do you live and are Bangladeshi as well?

Comment

Originally posted by On.My.Own View Post
            Interesting. Ya it could be so. Just curious, where do you live and are Bangladeshi as well?
            I live in UK, no i am not bangladeshi ,
            Hmmm Asians in general innit,we got this problem ,cultural ,issues, high mahr, prestige issues, etc etc....

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I'd offer you my hard hat but it's pretty damaged. How do you get away with saying such outrageous things?!?

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                I'd offer you my hard hat but it's pretty damaged. How do you get away with saying such outrageous things?!?

wait for it.....
                i mean the backlash

Comment

wait for it.....
                  i mean the backlash
                  And it would be fully deserved. East v West is all the same bro, all the same. Turn your glass the right way up so that I can fill it to the top with this information. :D

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                    And it would be fully deserved. East v West is all the same bro, all the same. Turn your glass the right way up so that I can fill it to the top with this information. :D
                    Ahhhhhhh..... the east vs west argument....
                    I always say this ...communication and compatibility is absolutely essential In the west ....not so in the east.
                    This makes a massive difference to a marriage.

Then there is living side by side by adjusting and then there is expecting a lot more and trying to adjust ,the latter obviously i am referring to in the west.
                    Well i got to keep pointing out in most cases.

Comment

I live in UK, no i am not bangladeshi ,
                      Hmmm Asians in general innit,we got this problem ,cultural ,issues, high mahr, prestige issues, etc etc....
                      Ah bro, you do know how to hit right on the nail!

Comment

You seem conservative so I would go for someone abroad.
                        unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by shann View Post
                          You seem conservative so I would go for someone abroad.
                          Interesting. Anything in particular that makes you think I am conservative? Just curious.

Comment

Would you marry someone from a different country?

Would you consider a proposal from someone who live in a different country and/or race, culture, etc?

What are some of the challenges of marrying a person from a completely different background than you?

If you have any first-hand experiences, or know someone who has been in similar situations, please share.

Comment

Re: Would you marry someone from a different country?

I am pakistani married to an english woman

In the main the ''differences'' are perceived by people, based on not a lot tbh

Once you accept we all eat sleep and poop then its not an issue

sure you get people who will say things and bring up ''differences'' they see and ''potential problems'' but when you look at it inthe cold light of day its no different to people from same cultures

For example I got the whole your kids will be picked on and not belong to either group. Actually this one used to worry me a lot of I am honest
                              Then I realised as a pakistani growing up in britain I ws beaten and picked on anyway and made to feel I dont belong here and when i went ''back home'' I didnt belong there either. basically I as a paki in england a and a gora in pakistan

overall if Islam is your life, it doesnt matter tbh. If your non muslim (because they happen to be white) relatives are an issue then think about the non practicing 'muslim'' ones who happen to be asian. its the same thing tbh

Comment

Re: Would you marry someone from a different country?

I'm West African, born and raised in North America. So if we could live together in the same country/neighbourhood, then yes. Wouldn't mind it. It would help to be able to understand the language your spouse speaks, however. Besides English and my home language, I also speak Spanish, so...Hispanic, Equatorial Guinean or Spaniard? Not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X