Would you marry some one abroad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you marry some one abroad?

I did and I can proudly say it was the best decision that I have ever made in my life!

I guess it all boils down to personal preference and there is absolutely no =thing wrong with marrying "back home" so long as both of you's are happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah3000 View Post
      Good idea, but what if the girl doesn't have any brothers, or uncles available to go where the guy lives?
      Then maybe the guy could come to where the girl is.
      Muslimah Forever InshaAllah

Comment

Salamo alaykom,

I was wondering, would you marry some one abroad
        Yes and insha Allah Ta'ala, that is the way it is going to be.

and if you decide to do that, what will be the reason?
        This is a question that I am sure has ended with many thread locks. There are a variety of reasons why a brother would not marry locally and a variety of reasons why they would not marry abroad. Since I said I'm not marrying locally, I will give my opinion. Most sisters here are too influenced by western society. For many women in the west, the bottom line is money, so if you don't have a college degree or what not, you can just move along. So I say, let them be with those who desire them. Many talk about lack of pious bros or what not but really they are looking for pious bros with 'good money management' or however you want to word it. Money.

because i'm sure there must be many girls/men in your country, but you choose a person who lives miles away from you, what will be your reason if you were to take this step?
        It's not the complete opposite in muslim populated countries, but many are not really darul-Islam (another thread). Am I more likely to marry a pious woman who understands (and who's family understands) that money and material are not healthy obsessions from a poorer country? Allah knows best. Will she be more grateful? Allah knows best.

Jazakom allah for your answers
        Wa iyakum

:wswrwb:

Comment

happened several times in my family.....they are all still married with kids after years.Mashallah.

I think it depends on the person her/himself ...if they are really special , i do not think it`s a good idea to let go of them.
          Jannah is my aim

Comment

My older sister married abroad. Not sure i would - seems to be difficult enough to find someone where you live..
            The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
              my wife married someone abroad.

I think her reason was because it was ME.
              apna muun, apni tareef **torture**
              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

:wswrwb:

a traveler doesn't mind traveling!

Salamo alaykom,

I was wondering, would you marry some one abroad, and if you decide to do that, what will be the reason? because i'm sure there must be many girls/men in your country, but you choose a person who lives miles away from you, what will be your reason if you were to take this step?

Jazakom allah for your answers
                seriously tho, it's all about qadr so innshaAllah
                sigpic

Comment

I would and I did.. it was qadr of Allah. It has it's own problems, but all marriages face their challenges and everyone needs to deal with them whether they live in the same country or overseas... marrying my husband was the best decision I have made and it is the Mercy of Allah we were guided to each other and His mercy that our love is strong and can deal even with separation at this time.. it just makes us all the stronger and more determined to be together in the akhira.. Allah reward him and grant him the highest place ameen
                  .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
                  http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Intend to only marry from abroad inshAllah...but hy what do i know, whatever Allah plans for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Naz_Habib View Post
                      I did and I can proudly say it was the best decision that I have ever made in my life!

I guess it all boils down to personal preference and there is absolutely no =thing wrong with marrying "back home" so long as both of you's are happy with it
                      Alot of people look down on marrying from backhome, but i agree absolutely nothing wrong with, i'd much rather prefer getting married from backhome than here....and whats more is ...i have no pressure to marry from there either.

Comment

Yes I would and there's a good chance that I will. But not someone from "back home".

Comment

Meh who knows, it's not high up on my to-do list.

Because when you marry someone from another country, it's only natural that they would want to see their family sometime too, and if you are not financially capable to make regular trips then it will cause an unnecessary strain on your marriage, especially if something happens to the family living abroad, then you'll hear statements like "You do nothing for me, you can't even take me to visit my parents" or "My parents died and i wasn't able to attend because of you" and so on and so forth.

And believe me it happens, i've seen such cases before.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

↑I don't think that'd happen if they both have an understanding in their marriage.

If the guy doesn't have enough money, then obviously there's not much he can do. She should understand that.

He'd need 2 return tickets, as well, since she can't go alone. So, it's sort of a big deal for middle-class folks.
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Opinions - marry abroad or home?

Salaam members. This is my first post & thread in this forum. Have been lurking around for a while and noticed the amazing help UF community provides by discussing relevant topics. So I thought of throwing in my thoughts too -

Originally, I come from Bangladesh. Having born there, I moved to Middle East for almost a decade, completed my schooling and university there. Then I moved to Europe and will be completing MSc soon (my defence is this week so make dua please!). By Allah's grace, I had also traveled to almost 20 EU countries, met different people and experienced different cultures. Having lived in these 3 different regions now makes me a bit too confused on the issue of marriage.

The lifestyle that I have observed abroad is quite stark. Many Bangladeshi women I know are very modest, religious and have a good combination to be a potential spouse. On the other hand, there are many of the exact opposites. Usually in Middle East, courtesy of many family gatherings, I have seen that the conservative environment plays a significant role in the characteristics of a person. Its difficult to explain why but its just what it is. In Europe, for instance, I have met quite smart Bangaldeshi women who are outgoing and ambitious (some also have a religious side to them as well). Talking about Bangladesh, well its extremely tricky. Given our obsession to follow western lifestyle and how culture has evolved in the past years, I simply somehow cannot trust women there. I feel there are a lot of scope and opportunity for them to hide the real themselves in the wake of marriage, only later to discover that all was lie. I personally know of stories of such kind.

My parents, however, are quite open in this case. They have always asked me if I like someone and if not, they would take the responsibility. My relatives, some suggest to marry NRBs abroad as that would suit my lifestyle and mentality. Other half suggest to marry home as its our culture, roots and women tend to be 'shongshari/sangsari' (basically a good home-maker).

As for myself, I simply dont know which way should I go. Who do I want as a wife? - someone definitely practicing, pretty and educated - someone who I can love for the rest of my life.

So brothers and sisters, any suggestions would be welcomed. Apologies if similar threads exist though.

JazakAllah
                              Last edited by On.My.Own; 08-06-16, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Re: Opinions - marry abroad or home?

Marry from where you live.
                                Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Working...
                                X