Would you marry some one abroad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would you marry some one abroad?

I think it is important to bear in mind the whole visa situation in US/UK has become very stringent, so marriages abroad may be much harder now than they were 10 or even 5 years ago. I know brothers and sisters who married abroad and they have been living apart for years as there have been many visa complications.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
      I think it is important to bear in mind the whole visa situation in US/UK has become very stringent, so marriages abroad may be much harder now than they were 10 or even 5 years ago. I know brothers and sisters who married abroad and they have been living apart for years as there have been many visa complications.
      That is true, but if you feel like that person is meant to be its worth the wait. Alhamdulilah there are new technologies such as face time, whatsapp, imos, skype. Yes it will still be very hard but it all depends on how you feel about the person.

Comment

me in 2011:

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
        :wswrwb:

a traveler doesn't mind traveling!

seriously tho, it's all about qadr so innshaAllah
        me in 2017: been there, done that..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          If the guys know he cant finance it why would he want to marry a sister who wants to visit her parents often....???
          Why get married to someone who lives so far away? It's obvious often visits are unlikely to be possible.

Comment

People only ever choose abroad as a last option when they can't find anyone here, or when its out of their hands (parents have decided for them) or if they simply want a life without having to deal with in-laws.

Comment

• *** Marrying from the west or abroad, which is better? ***

Asalaamu alaykum,

Interested to hear the different opinions especially from sisters.

When marrying do you think it's better to marry a brother from the west or from abroad? Likewise for brothers a sister from the west or abroad and why?

Comment

• Re: *** Marrying from the west or abroad, which is better? ***

It shouldn't matter. Make sure that Islam is the number one thing in their life. It would be better if you know the persons family and background as well, rather than marrying a total stranger.

Comment

• *** Marrying from the west or abroad, which is better? ***

Depends entirely on the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Zammyh View Post
                    People only ever choose abroad as a last option when they can't find anyone here, or when its out of their hands (parents have decided for them) or if they simply want a life without having to deal with in-laws.
                    Last option? Interesting. Between me and my husband were hundreds of mils different. He is from Pakistan, I am from Chechenya. He wasn't my last option but yes, find in this time so religious person alhamdulillah like he, is very very hard. Of course it's not true he couldn't find anyone in country where he is leaving now, and also it's not true I couldn't find anyone in my country.
                    Also I never met my husband before marriage, I saw him first time one month later after nikah, and before nikah we were talking just a few weeks as Islamically it's not right. How I found my husband? Friends of friends. We are happy each other and I'm thanking for Allah SWT that exactly this man is my husband.
                    Last edited by Makkachechenka; 17-06-17, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I would prefer marrying someone who lives in the same place.
                      I know alot of people in this country and i might end up with a job soon InshaAllah so its easier for me.
                      Its a muslim country and so far everything is going well and fine . Alhumdulillah.
                      I would always want my mom and dad in the same country ( some might think its kiddish but its just the way i am )
                      Also , marriage is a BIG change in itself so moving to a different country sounds like a drastic change and not someone i would want .
                      That being said , if an emergency arises , i am willing to adjust .
                      But lets just hope it wont

Comment

:wswrwb:

No :insha: I only want to marry an American.
                        Narrated Anas:
                        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Working...
                        X