Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you marry some one abroad?

Salamo alaykom,

I was wondering, would you marry some one abroad, and if you decide to do that, what will be the reason? because i'm sure there must be many girls/men in your country, but you choose a person who lives miles away from you, what will be your reason if you were to take this step?

Jazakom allah for your answers

Re: Would you marry some one abroad?

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Where I live, it's mainly a society where finding a pious partner would be very difficult. For this reason I may look abroad or as the saying goes "from back home". But, it's all in the Qadr Allah(swt) has laid down for me.
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Waits for op to answer her own question ? :p

Comment

:wswrwb:

I dont think anyone looks for someone abroad, its just that when you're looking for a suitable spouse and he/she happens to be in a country different to yours, I dont think that should stop anyone from going ahead with it. As long as he/she has what your looking for in a husband/wife and seems compatible it shouldn't be a problem IMO.
        "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
        [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D‚' wad-Daw‚ Fasl 49]

Comment

wa aalaikum assalam

Well unfortunately sometimes you have to look abroad. I'm sure most people would prefer local if it was possible.
          If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
          There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

nah i wouldnt bother - id prefer someone from this society even if its not as islamic as another place...its good to have someone that has experienced it and come through it inshallah, even if she has slipped along the way

she'd be much better prepared to take care of any future children (inshallah we wont be living here at that stage but only Allah (SWT) knows) and deal with the problems here - id rather have such a person than bring someone over totally not used to living here and give her a culture shock

Comment

^ abroad doesn't necessarily mean backhome
              Last edited by hayatto; 13-01-12, 01:14 AM.
              أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by hayatto View Post
                ^ abroad doesn't necessarily mean back-home
                it does in my family ;)

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
                  it does in my family ;)
                  ah okay, cuse abroad in this thread may be any country but you were speaking about culture shock which lead me to back-home. if you'd marry from an european country wouldn't be a culture shock I guess and that's why I made that comment...
                  أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

my wife married someone abroad.

I think her reason was because it was ME.
                    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

I've been thinking about this a lot lately,

If i find a pious guy from another country i'd be willing to move there. InshAllah

A new start:D
                      Muslimah Forever InshaAllah

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah* View Post
                        I've been thinking about this a lot lately,

If i find a pious guy from another country i'd be willing to move there. InshAllah

A new start:D
                        But how can you know if this guy is pious for real ? its hard to know when you live in the same city/country, it must be harder in a different country, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah3000 View Post
                          But how can you know if this guy is pious for real ? its hard to know when you live in the same city/country, it must be harder in a different country, isn't it?
                          Ukhtee i have a plan

The likeliness of my family finding someone religous for me is nearly zero so i know my best bet is on islamic marriage websites. If i find someone suitable and he's from another country then i'd send my older bro out wer ever to see him and his family and report back to me on his findings. and if he approves then nikah/ moving time. I've lived in England my whole life, time for a change of scenery:D InshaAllah
                          Muslimah Forever InshaAllah

Comment

I would and will:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah* View Post
                              Ukhtee i have a plan

The likeliness of my family finding someone religous for me is nearly zero so i know my best bet is on islamic marriage websites. If i find someone suitable and he's from another country then i'd send my older bro out wer ever to see him and his family and report back to me on his findings. and if he approves then nikah/ moving time. I've lived in England my whole life, time for a change of scenery:D InshaAllah
                              Good idea, but what if the girl doesn't have any brothers, or uncles available to go where the guy lives?

Comment

Working...
                              X