Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to kill time/boredom before the wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to kill time/boredom before the wedding?

It's just 18 days left now, just 18 days and the countdown is truly on. I feel like such a big girl wearing a pink dress, I need to man up and stop thinking abotu the wedding it's crazy.

But the worse part is, my colleagues are even more excited than I am, one of them actually welcomes me in this way.

AsSalaam U Alaikum Brother Mohammed, peace on you, it's just "X/Y" days left now, how do you feel?

I find myself reading a lot of threads on here and watching a lot of videos on youtube about various aspects of married life, which is good, what's not good is when I see the numerous marriage threads turn into man vs woman fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bones View Post
      It's just 18 days left now, just 18 days and the countdown is truly on. I feel like such a big girl wearing a pink dress, I need to man up and stop thinking abotu the wedding it's crazy.

But the worse part is, my colleagues are even more excited than I am, one of them actually welcomes me in this way.

AsSalaam U Alaikum Brother Mohammed, peace on you, it's just "X/Y" days left now, how do you feel?

I find myself reading a lot of threads on here and watching a lot of videos on youtube about various aspects of married life, which is good, what's not good is when I see the numerous marriage threads turn into man vs woman fights.

Do not worry akhi.Most of the fights in these threads is caused by singles who are assuming things or having hypothetical situations that are proceeded with useless fights(since they are not even married to judge).However , most of our married sisters and brothers mashallah sound to be more understanding and even happy about their marriages.So inshallah everything will work just perfectly.I advice you to read more on the fiqh of marriage on these days that are left for you.

Mubarak for you and your wife in advance.
      Jannah is my aim

Comment

Oh gosh. You really are a. It girls blouse :p even I didn't countdown like that and I am a girl!
        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

As Salaam U Alaikum my fellow muslims.

It's been a long wait, however looking back at it now, it feels like minutes have gone instead of days.

It's only now on the verge of the wedding ceremony, that it's starting to dawn on me just what is about to happen. I'm scared as hell, but I suppose no man is afraid as the woman is. I am also excited as anyone would be, I don't know what's in store, but I'm sure it'll be pleasant.

Please pray for me and hope this is the beginning of a long and happy marriage together and that Allah blesses us with children.

May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.

Comment

Originally posted by bones View Post
            My wedding is just 6 weeks away, it sometimes feels like 60 yrs away. I want to be able to get on with my days as normal. Even if they aren't normal days, I want to be able to think straight but it's not happening.

How did the brothers here get it out their system if they were able to? Or do I have to just accept there is nothing that can be done and it will be on my mind all the time?
            salaams to all

spend time with pious people
            ask them for advice & duahs

tell them youre going to be getting married soon etc
            sometimes theres things that even Ummah members cant tell you & its better done face to face
            and you want advice from the CORRECT people, not just anyone whos got something to say

also make lots of duah yourself that everything works out well in your marriage

check to ensure that theres nothing unislamic going to take place on your wedding day
            like videoing & photography
            intermingling of sexes
            playing music

and, even if youve got a little beard, please dont shave it
            as many mistakenly do on their wedding day

there are many other things that we think of as "little" & make compromises in our deen on this day
            you only have to please Allah ta'ala & nobody else
            so dont do something impermissible just because people are telling you to do it.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
            jazakallah
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Working...
            X