• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice/tips for living with in laws

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    Love them as your own parents
    you are asking too much.
    "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
    western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
      be kind, respectful, pro-active... and most of all, don't be a doormat where they walk all over you.
      great advice! don't be a doormat...

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
        Love them as your own parents
        Someone can be the nicest person in the world. I may be able to treat or even respect them as my own parents. But I would never be able to love them like I love my parents.
        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Treat them how you'd like your parents to be treated. If they wrong you make excuses for them and keep a clean heart. You will be closer to Allah that way.

Comment

Lmao, just tryna imagine my mum's face if my sis-in-law said that 2 her; she'd probably reply "Well, the tv's doing a perfectly good job of that already, so please see yourself out" haha!! :D
            Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Allah the Exalted said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom, and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Eyes View Post
              Lmao, just tryna imagine my mum's face if my sis-in-law said that 2 her; she'd probably reply "Well, the tv's doing a perfectly good job of that already, so please see yourself out" haha!! :D
              LOL this thread cracks me up!

marriage sounds sooooo scary. dont know how married couples survive when living with in-laws

Comment

Originally posted by Islam Forever View Post
                LOL this thread cracks me up!

marriage sounds sooooo scary. dont know how married couples survive when living with in-laws
                Haha, glad it's making someone smile!

It all depends, at the end of the day; (if they're decent people) then it can bring more stability to the marriage as they've 'been there, done that' so they can advise both people accordingly (when things take a turn for the worst). Though, sometimes they can be biased n wna just defend their son's....
                Last edited by *~ Shrinking Violet ~*; 21-10-11, 06:39 PM.
                Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Allah the Exalted said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom, and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

Comment

I realize the original post was awhile back but still wanted to contribute. Check out this site for tips on living with in-laws. Might be helpful: http://southasianinlaws.com/livingwithin-laws/

Comment

Remember sometimes the mother in law will be set in her own ways, so dont try and change it. Always ask if help is needed, smile, be kind.. dont get upset over lil things anddd love them as your own

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
                      he means, dont hold things in for too long... for example they do something often which you dont like/comfortable with and you just keep it in, and then one day may just have a great burst out...

so rather than keeping it, maybe discuss it with your husband/inlaws.... and it may not even be much of a problem inshAllah....

or I think thats what he means... lol
                      ...but for some of us, if we talk to our husband about any inappropriate behaviour of in-laws they get so angry or just give cold shoulder you know. Like oneday suddenly I saw my elder brother-in-law taking my picture!!! Yuck! I was so disgusted! I am a non-mahram to him who doesn't even like chatting with him and then he suddenly takes my picture! Then his wife came to take my pictures and I politely said not to take any and she started shouting at me! Such an idit subhanAllah! She is one of the reasons I don't like going to my in-laws home that much. So much bitterness in her subhanAllah and I can't even respond as my husband will go against me if I ever respond to her.

Comment

1) your own family understand your ups and downs and moods and accept it as you accept theirs. In laws may not and may expect you to be perfectly happy all the time.

2) dont comprimise from the beginning, if there is something you care about, make sure you say from the beginning.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

mmm try to get to know them, talk to them, find out what they like/dislike
                          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X