X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunan For Married Couples

:start:

Getting married is one of the great Sunnahs of Rasulullah (saw). However, it recently struck me that not just is it a sunnah in itself, but also that it opens up the door to many others as well. There are many other sunan which only married people can act on, and which single people are deprived of. Below are just a few of them.

May Allah ta’ala grant all married people, by virtue of acting on these things, a blissful, loving and lasting relationship; and may He make it easy for all of us singletons to get married, so that we can implement them as well.

(Note: don’t forget to read the ahadith at the end. That’s the most important part!)

~*~

1) Greet her.

2) Convey salams to her from others.

3) Smile at her.

4) Make dua for her.

5) Honour her friends, even after her death. Send them food from a sacrifice.

6) Eat from the same plate.

7) Drink from the same place where she places her mouth, and eat from the same place where she places her mouth.

Continue reading
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Re: Sunan For Married Couples

Outstanding!

:jkk: for your efforts.
    The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
    Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

:jkk:
      The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
      The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
      Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
      This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it.
      –Imam Al Ghazali

Comment

JazakAllah!!

Comment

What a lovely thread akhi.

:jkk:

Ive stickied it.
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Ist it a sunnah to let your wife put itr on you as well?

If I recall correctly didnt Ummul Mu'mineen Aisha r.a put itr on Nabi :saw: before he entered into the state of Ihraam.

Do correct me if im mistaken.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

7) Drink from the same place where she places her mouth, and eat from the same place where she places her mouth.
              i need proof on this ... wouldnt it be unhygenic to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post

Rasulullah would grab a piece of meat that 'Aisha (RA) had
                eaten from and then eat from the same spot as she. He would also grab her cup,
                after she had finished drinking from it, and turn the cup around, and place his lips
                on the exact spots her lips touched.

-Muslim

;)
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

There are ahadith quoted at the end for each of the points given.

(Note: don’t forget to read the ahadith at the end. That’s the most important part!)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                    Ist it a sunnah to let your wife put itr on you as well?

If I recall correctly didnt Ummul Mu'mineen Aisha r.a put itr on Nabi :saw: before he entered into the state of Ihraam.

Do correct me if im mistaken.
                    It's not a comprehensive list so feel free to add to it. I'd be glad if people would, so long as they provide references.

I've not heard of that hadith before but if I have time I'll try and find it, in-sha Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                      It's not a comprehensive list so feel free to add to it. I'd be glad if people would, so long as they provide references.

I've not heard of that hadith before but if I have time I'll try and find it, in-sha Allah.
                      That would be great.

I'll have a look as well Insha'Allah, for some reason its always stuck in my mind from when I read it somewhere....now I just need to figure out where I read it.
                      وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

it would be more unhygenic to put your mouth on the same place on the cup then her, then say kissing her?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

27) Let her apply perfume to you.

‘Ā’ishah (ra) related, "I used to scent Allah's Apostle when he wanted to assume Ihram and also on finishing Ihram." (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

JazakAllah khairun for such a wonderful thread mashaAllah.
                            Jeno- that is correct, I have heard that Hadeeth many times alhamdullilah. And also didn't nabi saw kiss his wife's on leaving the home for the masjid?
                            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Didn't ummul mumineen Khadija r.a also climb mount hira or send her servants, whilst Nabi :saw: was in seclusion, just to check that husband was ok.

:jkk: for that hadeeth brother tmr.

I have a feeling you're going to regret making this thread !!
                              وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
                              X