Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding hadith of Ayat Kursi

Salaam.

I read an hadith mentions the following, "Hadhrat Anas (RA) narrates that Rasulallaah (saw) asked one of his companions: “Oh, so and so are you married?” He replied: “No, I do not have enough wealth that I may marry.” Nabi (saw) said: “Do you know Surah Qul Huwallaahu Ahad?” The Sahaba replied: “I know”. Nabi (saw) said: “It is equal to a quarter of the Qur’aan. Nabi (saw) asked: “Do you not know Qul Yaa Ayyuhal Kaafiroon?” The Sababi replied “I know”. Nabi (saw) said “It is equal to a quarter of the Qur’aan.” Nabi (saw) asked, “Do you not know Surah “Iza Zul Zilzilaat ” ?” The Sahaabi replied, “I Know”. Nabi (saw) said: “It is a quarter of the Qur’aan”. Nabi (saw) asked: “Do you not know Surah Iza Jaa a Nasrullaahi Wal Fath” The Sahabi replied “I Know” Nabi (saw) said, it is a quarter of the Qur’aan. Nabi (saw) asked: “Do you know the Ayatul Kursi?” The Sahabi replied “I know”. Nabi (saw) said, “It is equal to a quarter of the Qur’aan. Marry, Marry, Marry.”

This link mentions that it belongs to uncategorized collection. Does anyone know if the hadith is verified or just fabrication? Thanks.

Re: regarding hadith of Ayat Kursi

I read a long time ago that in fact Surah ikhlas is worth one third of the Quran (not a quarter) and Albanee considered that hadith to be mutawatir. Allahu alim I'm not a scholar or qualified in these matters but that in itself would raise alarm bells for me.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I did hear that surah ikhlas is worth a third as well. The way the sheikh explained it to me was that the Qu'ran is broken down in three parts. One part is rules and shariah, another part are stories, and the third part is Tawheed and Ikhlaas ofcourse falls under tawheed, hence 1/3. Allahu Alam.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

thx for replies, however I'd like to know the 'overall' status of hadith, instead of Surah Al Ikhlas only, especially the wording "Marry, Marry, Marry" after Rasulullah (SAW) mentioning Ayat Kursi.

Comment

Im not a scholar but this hadeeth has no daleel & it sounds kinda odd. Refer it to a Shaikh inshaaAllaah.
          :lailah:

This world is all work no real pleasure; the Hereafter is ALL pleasure, no work! ;)

:ahb:

Comment

Working...
          X