Clear All

Re: If you can't Love

right... so where we now?

lol, I kind of lost track since people are making all sorts of posts :s
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by peace keeper View Post
      I care about my work, where I spend 18 hours a day and through which I earn my living.
      That's even more sad, you lost the sense of "living" and the meaning of "life" generally.
      أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

I am a Muslim Alhamdulillah but I am completely incapable of love. Sorry for that but I can't help it.

This is the way I was built; it's not my fault.
        Right.

Allah is the Bestower of Love. He is the One Who places love in the hearts of the believers. Love for your family, your parents, your children, and your wife or husband. If Allah places Love in your heart for a wife you will not be able to stop it. Allah is capable of all things and our hearts only at His Mercy.
        Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: (Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
          Right.

Allah is the Bestower of Love. He is the One Who places love in the hearts of the believers. Love for your family, your parents, your children, and your wife or husband. If Allah places Love in your heart for a wife you will not be able to stop it. Allah is capable of all things and our hearts only at His Mercy.
          There is HUGE DIFFERENCE between love for parents, brothers etc and "THE LOVE" (which is a philosophical excuse for our filthy carnal desires).

Comment

So when Allah says in the Qur'an , referring to spouses, that he "places love and mercy between them", the 'love' that He speaks of is just the 'carnal desires', as you put it?

Is that what you think?

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

I care about my work, where I spend 18 hours a day and through which I earn my living.
              18 hours a DAY?! How do you call that "living"?!
              How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

Comment

So when Allah says in the Qur'an , referring to spouses, that he "places love and mercy between them", the 'love' that He speaks of is just the 'carnal desires', as you put it?

Is that what you think?
                So you think that carnal desires don't exist and we human beings are all cute simple creatures not capable of commiting filthy acts??

Comment

So you think that carnal desires don't exist and we human beings are all cute simple creatures not capable of commiting filthy acts??
                  Lol, answering a question with a question, I see.

Of course carnal desires exist. No one has even alluded to the contrary let alone stated it. But Allah says that Love between a husband and a wife exists too. I don't see how you can deny that.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

18 hours a day? That's impossible lol lucky wife...
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Lol, answering a question with a question, I see.

Of course carnal desires exist. No one has even alluded to the contrary let alone stated it. But Allah says that Love between a husband and a wife exists too. I don't see how you can deny that.
                      I didn't deny it. I said some lucky people don't experience it. It's a GIFT OF GOD in my opinion.

Comment

There is no such thing as love.
                        It's a GIFT OF GOD in my opinion.
                        Good to see you came to your senses, brother.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Good to see you came to your senses, brother.
                          Not being able to love is a GIFT OF GOD in my opinion.

Comment

Maybe not being able to love is a "gift of God" in your opinion. but the wife still has rights on you - physicially and emotionally. If you don't love her and don't care about her, why marry her and destroy her life? She is a sister in Islam and deserves better.
                            Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                            Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

To be quite honest this thread is kinda depressing. I mean I don't understand how you can't love someone who fears Allah, takes care of you and obeys you?

Love isn't all about the hunky dory image people portray.

Maybe you need to do more with your wife to get that spark back?
                              check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                                Maybe not being able to love is a "gift of God" in your opinion. but the wife still has rights on you - physicially and emotionally. If you don't love her and don't care about her, why marry her and destroy her life? She is a sister in Islam and deserves better.
                                If loving a female before marriage is a necessity, then many marriages wouldn't happen. I'm marrying and I don't love my wife. I will probably love her after time, could be a 1 month, could be 1 year, could be 25 years, but Islamically done properly you can't feel love until the female is your wife.

Once again you and many sisters are living in hollywood and bollywood land and expect a man to be heads of heels for you before marriage.

It is definately possible if very unlikely for some people to live a happy marriage till death without loving each other, moreso for the man, I don't see how that's unfair or destroying the other person's life provided they are doing their duties.

Comment

Working...
                                X