X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you can't Love

Originally posted by hayatto View Post
    nagging means many things :|

Of course you don't find nagging cute when you don't love someone...
    I guess I put up with a lot of nagging cos I feel guilty for not loving so I just put up with it. If I loved her, I would probably choke her...

Comment

There is no such thing as love. It is nothing more than a state of mind caused by A SURGE OF ENDOCRINE HORMONES.

Comment

Originally posted by peace keeper View Post
        The best way to treat a wife is to SIMPLY IGNORE HER.

After a period of time, she will eventually concede DEFEAT and will stop demanding those stupid emotional needs of her.
        -----------------------------

You give an inch to these wives and they will take a mile.
        This is NOT from the sunnah of our Beloved Nabi :saw: and probably one of the worst pieces of advice anyone has ever given in the marrige forum.
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
          nagging means just that! n a g g i n g!

right... so, if a person doesn't likes nagging that means they don't love their spouse? interesting! :|

man! with all these philosophical conclusions you have made so far (3 btw), you could beat darwin and his theory of evolution any day *rotfl* *outta*
          I was replying that to him since he stated that he doesn't love his wife so I don't think that any man would like nagging from someone that they do not love. No philosophy, no Darwin, nothing..just simple things.

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
          nagging: present participle of nag (Verb)
          1. Annoy or irritate (a person) with persistent faultfinding or continuous urging: "she constantly nags her daughter about getting married"; "he's always nagging at her for staying out late".
          2. Be persistently painful, troublesome, or worrying to...

Thats nagging
          I am referring to that nagging discussed previously in this thread i.e. "Do you love me? How much you love me? You don't love me.." etc.
          أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
            This is NOT from the sunnah of our Beloved Nabi :saw: and probably one of the worst pieces of advice anyone has ever given in the marrige forum.
            First of all, not everyone is capable of love. Some of us just can't do it. Therefore, you can't say that it violates the SUNNAH.

And second, it may be one of the worst pieces of advice ever but it is the MOST PRACTICAL piece of advice ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaMuslim View Post
              If I remember correctly, Alee ibn Abi Taalib radiAllaahu'an said as an advice:

Marry your daughters to God fearing men, if he loves her he will honour her, and if he hates her he will not harm her
              I'm thought it was ameer ul mumineen umar r.a. that said that ?
              I quoted that in another thread the other day giving reference to Al Hasan Al Basree. Now I'm just confused.. :scratch:
              Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

First of all, not everyone is capable of love. Some of us just can't do it. Therefore, you can't say that it violates the SUNNAH.

And second, it may be one of the worst pieces of advice ever but it is the MOST PRACTICAL piece of advice ever.
                Are you married? Or have you been married? Just curious.
                Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                  I quoted that in another thread the other day giving reference to Al Hasan Al Basree. Now I'm just confused.. :scratch:
                  Its mentioned in a lecture Ive listened to more than once by Shaykh Omar Husseini, and he says that it was Ameer ul Mu'mumineen r.a who said that.

Maybe you can find out akhi?
                  Last edited by Jenicca; 20-07-11, 03:10 PM.
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Mawaadah and Rahmaah between spouses is a sign of Allah swt azza wa Jall that He himself mentions in the Qur'an.

Is this something that you disagree with?

Just because youve not experienced something, or are unable to comprehend a concept because of our own human limitations, which are ironically limitless doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Are you married? Or have you been married? Just curious.
                      Well I got engaged recently. Getting married this winter.

By the way, I haven't seen the girl. Rather, I don't care who she is.

Comment

Its mentioned in a lecture Ive listened to more than once by Shaykh Omar Husseini, and he says that it was Ameer ul Mu'mumineen r.a who said that.

Maybe you can find out akhi?
                        Well I trust the Shaykh so it must have been Umar (ra), Allahu alam. Thanks for the correction. Might do some research too.

Try not to mention that you think love is just a chemical reaction, then. She might find that unpleasant, lol.

Other than that, are you a Muslim? Allah swt mentions Love between spouses in the Qur'an. Love is something that Allah swt created. If you are a Muslim then surely you wouldn't reject that?

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

That sounds so bad, you don't care who will be your wife... what you care about?

You have to see her at least once before getting married but maybe you don't care about anything, not even the advice of the Prophet.

There is nothing good in this "ignore/don't care" attitude.

Comment

Other than that, are you a Muslim? Allah swt mentions Love between spouses in the Qur'an. Love is something that Allah swt created. If you are a Muslim then surely you wouldn't reject that?
                            I am a Muslim Alhamdulillah but I am completely incapable of love. Sorry for that but I can't help it.

This is the way I was built; it's not my fault.

Comment

There is no such thing as love. It is nothing more than a state of mind caused by A SURGE OF ENDOCRINE HORMONES.
                              I don't think that love is reduced to a chemical reaction since people can "love" someone without seeing/meeting that person but just purely by acknowledging their existence, their way of thinking, their feelings etc. through words.

Comment

Originally posted by hayatto View Post
                                That sounds so bad, you don't care who will be your wife... what you care about?
                                I care about my work, where I spend 18 hours a day and through which I earn my living.

Comment

Working...
                                X