Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Marriage: Marry or leave home!

Assalamo Alaikum

I heard of a forced marriage where the guy was forced to marry a freshie from back home. They threatend him saying "if he doesn't marry they'll chuck him out as he is ruining the family honour'

In this case, is Nikkah valid - so is he actually married to her?

Re: Forced Marriage: Marry or leave home!

:wswrwb:

Parents are committing a sin by deny him his Shari rights.

He shouldn't accept the nikah. Allah will take care of the rest. :insha:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Wa Alaikum Salaam,

He needs to move out. If he can't then in all honesty how are they going to chuck him out? He's probably bigger than them. My parents tried to kick me out since I was 16, my response was I'm living in my dads place, if you have a problem why don't you go back to your dads place.
      Last edited by elza3d; 18-07-11, 01:55 PM.

Comment

If he agrees to it and accepts it then the nikah is valid because no one can force the words out of his mouth at the moment of nikah. He is agreeing to it by taking part in it so how can it be invalid.

Comment

Yes it is a forced marriage but after that he has a choice as to whether he accepts the woman as his wife or not. If she seems okay to him then he can still accept her as his wife and live a normal married life but if he cannot accept her then he should refuse to consommate the marriage, move out and inform the authorities of what's happened if his family try to apply any further pressure to force his hand.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
            Assalamo Alaikum

I heard of a forced marriage where the guy was forced to marry a freshie from back home. They threatend him saying "if he doesn't marry they'll chuck him out as he is ruining the family honour'

In this case, is Nikkah valid - so is he actually married to her?
            I think the guy should take a stand and be a man, how can he keep someone happy if he is not happy himself.
            I think he should be respectful and simply do not consent to marriage.

If he already has done the Nikkah, I think its valid. He is not a child and he did it with all his senses and now instead of leaving the poor lady he should take responsibility of his actions.

Also isn't freshie degrading?

Comment

Originally posted by con View Post
              I think the guy should take a stand and be a man, how can he keep someone happy if he is not happy himself.

If he already has done the Nikkah, I think its valid. He is not a child and he did it with all his senses and now instead of leaving the poor lady he should take responsibility of his actions.

Also isn't freshie degrading?
              lol @ Be a man

Why doesn't he ask an imam at his local mosque to explain that forced marriage isn't an Islamic thing to his parents ?

Comment

lol "honor"
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah1 View Post
                  lol @ Be a man
                  ???

Comment

I don't know how these parents can put what their neighbors may be thinking about them at the expense of their own child's happiness. SunhanAllah! Do they love thier snoopy neighbors more than thier kids?
                    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

It's their super sized ego.

May Allah save us from such jahiliyah.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by con View Post
                        Echoed.

Tell him to sort it out. If worst comes to worst, don't say the words.
                        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Oh come on!

This guy needs to be practical. All this concept of happiness is nothing more than a mirage. He should accept what his parents demand.

And, it doesn't matter who you marry, provided you are marrying a woman; they are all the same. :D:D:D

Comment

Originally posted by peace keeper View Post
                            Oh come on!

This guy needs to be practical. All this concept of happiness is nothing more than a mirage. He should accept what his parents demand.

And, it doesn't matter who you marry, provided you are marrying a woman; they are all the same. :D:D:D
                            Silly

Comment

i've been told a story of a ashaabi woman that was forced to marry a man she didnt want by her father. she went to Prophet pbuh and told him her father is forcing her to marry a man she didnt want to marry.
                              the prophet pbuh said to the father is not acceptable. but the ashaabi woman still married the man to respect her father, even though she didnt have to. and that made sure her father knew of this rule: that you cant force a your child to marry someone they dont want to. i dont know if this is a story or hadith sahiihi.
                              but my point is, now a days children are selfish. they tend to think about themselves only. i dont think it will be the end of the world if he marries her for the sake of his parents. maybe it will be khayr for him to listen to his parents. Allah might make this marriage a blessing one, just because he obeyed his parents.
                              and yes the parents still sin, but that's not up to him to judge. he just has to do what he was told by his parents.
                              i would advise him to marry this girl, unless he fears for his faith.
                              Last edited by Bint-Al-Islam; 20-07-11, 05:25 PM.
                              “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Working...
                              X