Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slipping..

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
    A guy I know - educated, qualified, good family, teacher/learner of the Quran. Was rejected by many, many women cos of his Sunnah beard. So much so, that he once considered shaving it off cos many 'practicing' sisters even told him that they would have preferred it if he had the 'designer/shorter' beard.

In Pakistan, I heard that some guys even decide to grow their beard after marriage, cos it becomes a hindrance when attracting a proposal.

From what I know, whilst the hijaab has become 'fashionable' the full sunnah beard usually repells people - Muslims/non Muslims alike.

Just go to the Middle East or any other so called Muslim country to see how they perceive the beard (thats the government and the general public).
    I rather remain a bachelor all my life than marry a women that despises the appearance of my beloved Nabi. For that one sunnah of his I am prepared to sacrifice all the beautiful women of this world.

No women is worth more than the sunnah of Nabi Sallalahu Allahi Wassalam. I wonder what answer they will give to him on the day of qiyamah when he will ask them why they despised his appearance?
    May Allah Swt guide us. Ameen.

Comment

I agree - brother had a happy ending though. Married a beautiful woman who loves his sunnah beard.

Patience is always rewarded.
      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

I agree - brother had a happy ending though. Married a beautiful woman who loves his sunnah beard.

Patience is always rewarded.
        Subhanallah, Never compromise what you believe, and Allah Swt will open the way for you.

Comment

Dont worry, its going to rain the rest of the summer so women will be covered up : ) So you'll be alright

Originally posted by ripe512 View Post
          Salaam Alaykum

I have a major issue which is just getting worse and am in need of some guidance.

To put it candidly, I am a magnet when it comes to women, muslim and non muslim. I am a full fist length bearded bro but this beard is not helping in keeping women (esp. non muslim women) away. Almost everyday I have to deal with incidents of women try to grab my attention. Its worse now in the summer because all the women are walking around with all their legs showing and clevage for all to see and they stand right infront of me and do all sorts of strange poses/show cleavage to try to get my attention. The worst bit is I now have a new work colleague and she is extremely attractive and yep shes trying the same old tactics and I fear for my deen. I've had women hit on me, try to seduce me into zina, get my number/email, flirt and so on and I've held back but with the progression of time its getting harder and harder and Im getting all the more fustrated.

Anyway, the reason Im posting this is because its killing me and I need advice. I can feel myself slowly slipping into dunya. All of this is screwing with my mind. Im burning on the inside, I cannot escape. There is no where to go, I have to work because if I dont then we're on the streets, but at the same time I cannot bare this fitna. Its bad enough seeing appealing women dressed in seductive attire, its worse when they want you.
          In some instances I can lower my gaze, in others I cant, either because there is no where to look or I am just too weak and I succumb.

I want to get married but I just cannot find the one for me, Ive benn looking for about 4-5 years to no avail. All the sisters Ive interviewed are not what Im looking for. One problem that recently became apparent is the longer I am exposd to this filth, the higher my visual expectations of a potential.. So now Im at a point where I really want someone exceptionally beautiful as I think it'll help me lower my gaze but then coming across someone who ticks all the boxes is a rarity. Sigh.

If anyone knows of any good marriage services in london then please post them up, and no online sites please.
          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
          ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
          “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

In Pakistan, I heard that some guys even decide to grow their beard after marriage, cos it becomes a hindrance when attracting a proposal.

From what I know, whilst the hijaab has become 'fashionable' the full sunnah beard usually repells people - Muslims/non Muslims alike.

Just go to the Middle East or any other so called Muslim country to see how they perceive the beard (thats the government and the general public).
            Agree!

Comment

That's good if beard repels people. Who would want those people near them anyways?
              It's like a shield for the brothers. :masha:
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

So any beauty tips for us other bros;)
                The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
                The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
                Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
                This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it.
                –Imam Al Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by PakiBaz View Post
                  So any beauty tips for us other bros;)
                  Washing the face 5 times a day, innit?
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    Washing the face 5 times a day, innit?
                    Lol is that with face wash, also wot about getting a str8 beard ? Mines starting to go curly wirly:D
                    –Imam Al Ghazali

Comment

• Re: Slipping..

Starting to go curly?
                      How was it not curly from the beginning? I want a straight beard like this.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                        Starting to go curly?
                        How was it not curly from the beginning? I want a straight beard like this.
                        I dnt no at the start it was ok then things got out of hand and am not even at fist level. I wana use my sisters str8ner, but scared i might burn myself
                        –Imam Al Ghazali

Comment

im not entirely sure why but i was attacked by a fit of giggles reading through this thread, there are some very funny posts :p

At OP may Allah keep you safe from unwanted attention and keep you on the straight path.

can't be anyone as good looking as Muhammad sallalllahu alaihi wa sallam :inlove: as Aisha (r.a) said, (the women who saw the beauty of Yusuf, cut their fingers off in amazement) if they had seen my Prophet, they would have cut their hearts out.....subhanAllah. How beautiful he must be....

Wa ahsanu minka lam tara qattu 'aini
                          Wa ajmalu minka lam talidin nisaau

Khuliqta mubarra-an min kulli 'aybin
                          Ka-annaka qad khuliqta kamaa tashaau
                          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                          (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                          In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                            Men hardly have womem coming on to them so the need to show off when such a rare thing occurs probably takes over. Now we have them all making claims about how their lives are so hard because women are constantly throwing themselves on them :rotfl:
                            It's natural to like someone x--x but throwing yourself at them might not be the best idea. Try reading 'How to win friends and influence people", you may find a better way of ensnaring some poor unsuspecting dolt in your trap.

Also
                            http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article475321.ece
                            Last edited by YasirH; 21-07-11, 11:07 AM.
                            <--- I look like that and when I'm not :zzz:, I'm usually like like:banbear:and like:rotfl:but sometimes I'm like as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X