marriage situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage situation

I want to get married I am a Muslim but I have no Muslim friends and I do not attend Mosques and I do not pray, and I have been a Muslim for three years. I want to get married because I know it will motivate me to become a better Muslim and inspire me to fulfill my duties as a Believer. I'm going to go to a mosque next week inshallah and introduce myself to the Imam and ask for his guidance. If you brothers and sisters could share your knowledge with me in the meantime I will greatly appreciate it! I want to know where to begin, what are the steps and process to getting married. I already know of a girl that is perfect for me! and I have the means to marry her! How should I go about this?

Re: marriage situation

salam.

get ur priorities in order. praying comes first. marriage comes after that.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

:salams

↑Yes, I agree, brother.

No pious girl will want to marry someone who is not a practicing Muslim. And, never think that you will become a better Muslim after marriage.
      These two factors are not related at all. You must, must, repent for missing prayers as this is fardh on all of us and start praying NOW!

If you don't have proper Islam in you right now, then how do you expect to life a married life according to Islam?

Please, try to work on becoming a better Muslim first. Give it maybe a month or two. :insha:

May Allah forgive you and guide you.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

An hour reflecting on the creation of Allah is better than 70 years of prayer.

I study and reflect. I study and reflect. I study and reflect.

Do not tell me what you know i DO NOT WANT TO HEAR.

And I can think WHATEVER I want about Islam, you do not know what is in my heart and how I interpret the Quran so dont think you know whats best for me. Allah has willed my lifestyle to be like this for a reason.

Will someone give me the answer Im looking for?

* and the girl im interested in isnt even a Muslim so she wouldnt judge me like how you two just did *

Comment

right.

ok then, u go do that then, whatever it is your going to do.

keep us updated.
          And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

ah wow Allah huakbar!!

brother you need to establish prayer first and foremost, yes reflecting is good maa sha Allah but Allah will not accept that answer on the day of judgment in regards to prayer, you first post was all nice and polite but your second post exposed your true colour you got very emotional and i must say immature, if you dont fear and show by your actions ie prayer your literal love for Allah then how can you truly love your wife? my opinion is better your self by getting closer to Allah inshaallah and then worry about marriage.
            ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by IAmYourBrotherD View Post
              An hour reflecting on the creation of Allah is better than 70 years of prayer.

I study and reflect. I study and reflect. I study and reflect.

Do not tell me what you know i DO NOT WANT TO HEAR.

And I can think WHATEVER I want about Islam, you do not know what is in my heart and how I interpret the Quran so dont think you know whats best for me. Allah has willed my lifestyle to be like this for a reason.

Will someone give me the answer Im looking for?

* and the girl im interested in isnt even a Muslim so she wouldnt judge me like how you two just did *
              Brother, you came here for advice, and we are giving you just that. Yeah, it's not what you want to hear, so you are feeling offended (which you shouldn't).

Reflecting on the creation of Allah does NOT make up for missing salaah. So, do not think that by looking at the creation of Allah, your obligation for salaah has been lifted. Allah will question you about salaah first thing when that Day comes. So, please, srat praying your salaah and repent from missing them in your past. :insha:

Also, it's not for me or you to interpret the Quran the way we want to. I don't know how you have interpreted the Quran, but if you think reflecting on the creation of Allah is same as praying 5 times, then you are mistaken. It's not the case at all. Salaah is fardh, obligatory. There's absolutely no excuse to miss it.

Another thing is that, you cannot use the excuse Allah was will this for me, so I don't have to do certain things. Allah has also given us free will. You are neglecting salaah, even though you can pray them. You will be questioned and punished for this neglectfulness, unless you repent and start praying.

Please, I hope you learn about Islam from someone knowledgeable and have more sabr.

May Allah take care of your affairs in the right way.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

ok , i respect that. my apologies , im seeing this from a different perspective now and i realize how anxious my messages were. YOU ARE ALL RIGHT. i do need to get my priorities straight. Please, just delete this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                  salam.

get ur priorities in order. praying comes first. marriage comes after that.
                  uff.. IamyourbrotherD got TOLD!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ali21 View Post
                    uff.. IamyourbrotherD got TOLD!! haha
                    Brother, that was unnecessary.
                    :insha: Don't stress the situation any further.

Comment

I disagree, I think marriage can help relieve a lot of the psychological/spiritual stress caused by repressed sexual urges. It is a 1000 times easier to pray when you don't get distracted by other thoughts, and a crave for women is obviously one of these distracting thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                        Brother, that was unnecessary.
                        :insha: Don't stress the situation any further.
                        Unnecessary? I was just stating the fact, Poor guy got abused more then anything else LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ali21 View Post
                          Unnecessary? I was just stating the fact, Poor guy got abused more then anything else LOL
                          Abused?
                          No one abused him. And, he might be upset to read your posts about him.

If you can edit them, that'd be helpful.
                          :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                            Abused?
                            No one abused him. And, he might be upset to read your posts about him.

If you can edit them, that'd be helpful.
                            :jkk:
                            Don't point fingers at me and say that my post will upset him, His already upset.. read his last post! says it all LMAO

Comment

Your post aren't contributing to the thread, brother.
                              You're just kind of making fun of him, when he came for advice.

Would Rasulullah :saw: say such things? "You got TOLD" or "He got abused"?

Comment

Working...
                              X