Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this be classed as a mahr?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can this be classed as a mahr?

    or rather one of the mahr? :p

    say for example u come to knw pre-marriage tht ur inlaws hv cut off ties with one of their relatives (or vice versa) for woteva reason, can u ask as a mahr that both families mend their relations with each other and unite??? obviously this type of mahr dnt have a tangible value to it, so can u?

    :salams

  • #2
    Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

    :wswrwb:

    You ask mahr from your to-be husband no? So effectively you are stipulating to him that he must unite so-and-so with so-and-so to marry you?

    Sounds a bit unfair.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

      :wswrwb:

      Nikah will be valid if the wife foregoes of the mahr by her choice.

      So, she can let go off the mahr if they reconcile.

      Wallahu Alam.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

      "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

        I don't think its a good idea if you link other peoples emotinal problems with your marriage. And what happens if the two sides start fighting again after a few months, does that mean divorce?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

          The mahr is a gift from the groom to his wife to be.. and it is personal between them. A Mahr that involves others behaviour or actions would not fit this requirement.

          One of the sahabiyyat requested her potential become a Muslim as her Mahr... and would not marry him unless he did.. so actions are a reasonable mahr (you can request to learn Arabic or recitation as a Mahr.. remember the man who gave his wife surah's as a Mahr).

          In each of these cases though the actions are between husband and wife.. not inlaws and others.

          Even stipulations in the nikah are between the two of them.. not others.
          .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
          http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

            Want a family reconciliation as your Mehr ?!!?? Riiight...

            ...like you even have the guts to make such a suggestion to your in-laws. :p

            Shaadi pehle betha betha Birbal ni khichdi na pakaav...hamne saasu kamra ma aavse toh choova maafik bada thi pelle tu bhaagi jais lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

              Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
              :wswrwb:

              You ask mahr from your to-be husband no? So effectively you are stipulating to him that he must unite so-and-so with so-and-so to marry you?

              Sounds a bit unfair.
              UNFAIR????????? how on earth????

              Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              :wswrwb:

              Nikah will be valid if the wife foregoes of the mahr by her choice.

              So, she can let go off the mahr if they reconcile.

              Wallahu Alam.
              WOT??? u nt makin sense :S

              Originally posted by Ikki View Post
              I don't think its a good idea if you link other peoples emotinal problems with your marriage. And what happens if the two sides start fighting again after a few months, does that mean divorce?
              You got a point in first line, looool n no no fighting, jst tht both sides r nt in tawks wid each other?

              Originally posted by carol_au View Post
              The mahr is a gift from the groom to his wife to be.. and it is personal between them. A Mahr that involves others behaviour or actions would not fit this requirement.

              One of the sahabiyyat requested her potential become a Muslim as her Mahr... and would not marry him unless he did.. so actions are a reasonable mahr (you can request to learn Arabic or recitation as a Mahr.. remember the man who gave his wife surah's as a Mahr).

              In each of these cases though the actions are between husband and wife.. not inlaws and others.

              Even stipulations in the nikah are between the two of them.. not others.
              :jkk: makes sense.

              Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
              Want a family reconciliation as your Mehr ?!!?? Riiight...

              ...like you even have the guts to make such a suggestion to your in-laws. :p

              Shaadi pehle betha betha Birbal ni khichdi na pakaav...hamne saasu kamra ma aavse toh choova maafik bada thi pelle tu bhaagi jais lol
              :alhumdull growing up in big family with lotsa uncles and aunts and both parents relatives are so close to each other, it totally broke my heart to knw abt it (cut off ties ) in their family. I wud so luv to bring both fam bk by woteva means necessary llol hence mahr idea cos i knw he cant refuse it :p

              :rotfl: chup kar tu :rofl1:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Can this be classed as a mahr?

                Wife can let go of mahr.

                For example, she can say I don't want mahr for our nikah. But, I would want you to reconcile the families.

                Wallahu Alam.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                Comment

                Working...
                X