Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsuperficial guys

Assalamu aleikum

I don't know if that's a word, but I meant guys who are not superficial. I know men are, how do you say, more 'physical', for lack of better words. But are there brothers out there who don't find this extremely important who would for example chose deen over beauty?

Re: unsuperficial guys

Originally posted by AhlaamYasmina View Post
    Assalamu aleikum

I don't know if that's a word, but I meant guys who are not superficial. I know men are, how do you say, more 'physical', for lack of better words. But are there brothers out there who don't find this extremely important who would for example chose deen over beauty?
    its not all about looks - i know brothers have rejected girls cos their "quality" was in the beauty department and not the deen - i think most mature brothers realise if your gonna spend you life with someone, deen has to be priority so as to give you happiness in this life and success in the next

i actually know one brother mashallah very practising and very good-looking mashallah - they guy had a beard but girls literally turned their heads to look at him when he walked past - muslim and non-muslim, he could have had his pick of any girl but his one and only criteria was deen and thats what he based his decision to get married - the issue of having a model wife was the furtherst thing from his mind

Comment

Men don't care about beauty more than women. That is just rubbish. There are lot of women who care about good looks.

But there are men who care about deen more than beauty as deen is much more important.

In a hadith men are asked to marry women for their beauty as well. But beauty does not stay forever.
      Last edited by Blossom1x; 17-06-11, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Beauty is not merely face-value. For myself it'll probably come out pretty low on the hierarchy of priorities, although still I personally cannot say I would dismiss physical attraction entirely, however, it's only one facet that makes a person who they are. There is no appeal whatsoever in someone who doesn't have any substance to them. Notwithstanding that beauty is a thing very subjective, there is no universally agreed upon objective criteria for beauty. It is purely a matter of taste.

Comment

Beauty ultimately is nothing Deen/Personality are more important

looks are not forever

Comment

Deen over anything :)

Of course in marriage terms you have to have some kind of attraction, and not find them repulsive...

BUUUT.... if you chose someone for looks and not deen then i wouldnt recommend...

looks can change daily... deen Insha'Allaah lasts forever
            ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Working...
            X