Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to handle husband's family? advice from the married sisters???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle husband's family? advice from the married sisters???

Salam Alikum,

I know this might be sorta weird and a very touchy subject, but I need some advice.

My husband thinks that because I married into his family, that I should be best friends with his sisters. By no means do I dislike them, but I don't want to be best friends with them.

Also especailly with one of my sister-in-law, she seems to have a short temper with me. She speaks Arabic and English, while I only speak English and she seems to have times where she suddenly decides that she doesn't want to speak to me anymore and almost like excommunicate from me. She won't even answers when I say salams to her and it can last for weeks! I am never sure what I did or how to deal with such situration. My husband says that I should handle it on my own, but what am I to do about his sister? Also she seems to be very friendly with me when she needs my help, like when she wanted information about going to an american college she was very friendly and wanted to talk to me alot, but when she found out how expensive and etc it would be and she decided she didn't want to go, she once again turned me off in her life.

Lately, when I came to visit my family in the USA she spent the month before not talking to me or even acknowledging me, but when she suddenly knew I would be returning home she began to be talkative and inviting me to go places with her. Then while in the USA i relazised why she was being do friendly, she wanted me to bring her back electronics from the USA. Though when I told her how expensive things were and etc and she decided she didn't want anything from here(or more likely didn't want to go through the hassle of dealing with having to convert alot of the technology) she has once again stopped being so friendly with me.

I don't know what to do. I hate to harbor such ill feelings towards anyone, especially someone my husband loves so much. But I really tired of feeling like I am being used. IDK...maybe it's just me but I am just looking for some advice if possible..

Re: How to handle husband's family? advice from the married sisters???

why dont you want to be friends with them?? your family now

Comment

Working...
    X