Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother needs some advice

Asalaam Alaykum everyone,
    I was looking to get some input from the brothers who are married insha Allah,
    I want to get married insha Allah and was wondering how much i would need to save ie. rent, food, bills ect cost. Anyone have some figures to go off of? I live in calgary if that helps. Jazak Allah khair
    Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas [B][COLOR="#00FF00"]
    [SIZE=3] I heard the Prophet saying, "If the son of Adam (the human being) had two valley of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam's son except dust, and Allah forgives him who repents to Him."[/COLOR][/B] [8: 76: 444] Sahih Al Bukhari[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Re: Brother needs some advice

No idea... Still paying the wife...
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
      No idea... Still paying the wife...

Comment

Originally posted by wahdat View Post
        Asalaam Alaykum everyone,
        I was looking to get some input from the brothers who are married insha Allah,
        I want to get married insha Allah and was wondering how much i would need to save ie. rent, food, bills ect cost. Anyone have some figures to go off of? I live in calgary if that helps. Jazak Allah khair
        :wswrwb:

If you are asking about monthly expenses after marriage, then there will not be significant change unless you move house.

Say for example if you are living in a studio flat or 1 bedroom apartment but after marriage you want to move to a bigger place like 2 bedroom apartment, then obviously expenses will increase. However, if you continue to live with your wife in the same place where you lived before marriage then you pay the same.

Likewise, bills (landline, internet, gas and electricity) will have slight difference but it will not be that big.. like as if double or more than double of your current bills.... i dont think so.

food, if you pay for yourself 200 per month on your food expenses.... then it mite increase by another 50% to cover your wife's food expenses... so that would be, for example, 300 in total
        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Jazak Allah Khair guys,
          thing is though im living with my family right now saving up so twhen i do get hitched i can get the apartment a week or so before. Saves me more money that way insha Allah. So do you think it'd be smarter for me to save for a years worth of expenses in advance and than get married or something like 4 months? Jazak Allah Kahiar ;)
          [SIZE=3] I heard the Prophet saying, "If the son of Adam (the human being) had two valley of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam's son except dust, and Allah forgives him who repents to Him."[/COLOR][/B] [8: 76: 444] Sahih Al Bukhari[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Comment

lol over 200 views and only 4 responses :(
            Come on people lolz wheres the love, give a brother a hand

Comment

You have to be financially stable and good with budgeting(financial decision making skills)
              we cant set an exact amount but if you have a job than youre good! you dont have to be a warren buffet. Just dont be a lazy bum on the couch.

Comment

Lol alhumdulillah im not a couch potato haha
                I guess I just need to man up :) Jazak Allah sosaveyourbreath

Comment

Working...
                X