Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the reasons you have rejected a potential spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the reasons you have rejected a potential spouse?

Salams,

I know a lot of people who have been rejected when they meet potential spouses. I have no idea why especially if they are ok looking, practicing and have a good personality? Are people being too fussy? Are most people waiting for a perfect person? I know so many girls who I think are amazing but guys are rejecting them and everyone is just becoming older and older.

Please share your reasons. And if you are married what is the trait of your spouse that clinched the deal?

JazakAllah khair.
    Last edited by Pinkpink; 02-05-11, 07:18 PM. Reason: added more info

Re: What are the reasons you have rejected a potential spouse?

:wswrwb:

What are the reasons you have rejected a potential spouse?
    differences in aqeedah, distance, married brothers looking for another wife
    sigpic

Comment

dead drunk alcoholic potential step-father and son living with a kaffir girl.

Yes i know, i won the jackpot that day
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
        dead drunk alcoholic potential step-father and son living with a kaffir girl.

Yes i know, i won the jackpot that day
        Are you serious?

May Allah grant you all a pious, loving, caring, husband who strives to follow the Sunnah and please Allah

I expect some Dua'as back now for the bros. =|
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Are you serious?

May Allah grant you all a pious, loving, caring, husband who strives to follow the Sunnah and please Allah

I expect some Dua'as back now for the bros. =|
          Yes, i am, no sarcasm this time i promise.

I pray the same for the bros, just changing husand to wife that's better...
          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

This thread shows how modern Muslims have gotten. In the past, the daughter was asked to accept. Unless the daughter finds that person highly objectionable (maybe the daughter hates the guy's looks), she would agree. It's usually the parents that decided the marriage, not the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim2 View Post
              This thread shows how modern Muslims have gotten. In the past, the daughter was asked to accept. Unless the daughter finds that person highly objectionable (maybe the daughter hates the guy's looks), she would agree. It's usually the parents that decided the marriage, not the kids.
              alhumdu'lilah for modernity then. It's only right that one gets to choose their future partner
              http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

how is it modern?
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

In the past, the daughter was asked to accept. It's usually the parents that decided the marriage, not the kids.
                  I think you made some grammatical mistakes here, allow me to correct;

'In the past,, the daughter was asked IF SHE ACCEPTED. Usually, THE GIRL decided to agree to the marriage, not THE PARENTS".

You're welcome.

Comment

wanting to get married after 2 years, once completed uni degree,

errr no
                    .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Never had to reject, lol.

But I can think of many reasons to say no. Now for the reasons to say yes... Oh dear, I'm stuck.

Exactly @ Massilia.

Originally posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
                      wanting to get married after 2 years, once completed uni degree,

errr no
                      I never did get that... and that happens quite a bit? :scratch:
                      Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                      O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

1. not practising
                        2. not attracted to them
                        3. not compatible in terms of personality...like a reallllyyyyy quiet person
                        Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

You sisters a picky.

All we men want is someone who's deens good, looks good, cooks good, good smile, nice hair, not taller than us, good with kids, good with others, and yeah.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Jannah101 View Post
                            1. not practising
                            2. not attracted to them
                            3. not compatible in terms of personality...like a reallllyyyyy quiet person
                            Perfect.
                            And you should read the thread about not accepting a potential spouse because of his name.. Kinda answers the question in a way.. Like mirror said, I agree us sister are getting TOO picky.. But it can be both ways... My cousin had been going on for a whole week about the family of a guy who was willing to ask for her hand in marriage coming to see her, and to decide whether she would be a good match to their son, but she was shocked to hear that they had rejected her.. Because she was a little too dark, and they just kept going on about how wealthy they were blah blah..! The funny thing is, she was told that there was one thing she should know, this was that he only had one eye, as the other had been burnt at a young age. Due to this, she was having doubts and after talking to me she decided to accept to give it a chance with purest intentions and not judge him or refuse him for such a small reason that was out of his control. So she did neeya and accepted to give it a chance, and that's what she got. I find it silly tbh..
                            WallahuA'laam.
                            God knows best.
                            :)

Comment

^^^^^

i know a brother who only wants a paticular height, anything below is rejected...which is weird coz a tall bengy is quite rare

i know another brother who rejected a sis coz he didnt like her NOSE! if that ain picky i dont know wot is

i know a sis who got rejected for bein too "healthy" haha by that they meant they thought she was bit fat but shes not.
                              Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X