Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the reasons you have rejected a potential spouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are the reasons you have rejected a potential spouse?

she had fat ankles :(

Comment

I have been rejected for being too "thin"! Aunty actually asked my mom why I was so thin! I am not anorexic or anything! But I guess being fat is preffered by some

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula
        That I know I would be used as a cash machine, can't trust him AT ALL, was blatantly lied to, was cheated on...
        Sister, I think you went a little too detailed.

See if you can edit it a bit. =/
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Are these legitimate reasons..except difference of aqeedah and attractiveness..can we reject people because of distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Jannah101 View Post
            ^^^^^

i know a brother who only wants a paticular height, anything below is rejected...which is weird coz a tall bengy is quite rare

i know another brother who rejected a sis coz he didnt like her NOSE! if that ain picky i dont know wot is

i know a sis who got rejected for bein too "healthy" haha by that they meant they thought she was bit fat but shes not.
            thats bad..

Comment

Interesting question... I've never really rejected anyone for any reason. I'm okay with what my parents decide. But my mom usually has a problem with insufficient education, or (wrongly, in my opinion) an age difference less than 2 years.

I once got rejected for "looking too young". What the hell was I supposed to do about that now.
              "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."
              Noble Quran 8:2
              :love:

Comment

I've known girls who got rejected coz their mothers were fat.
                :(
                "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."

Comment

Originally posted by SanSan View Post
                  For real?
                  Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                  O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                  We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

That's a good thing.

Who wants to marry someone like that anyways...?
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
                      For real?
                      Seriously. The girl was exemplary in every way. But she got rejected just coz her MOM was fat (after about 26 years of marriage and having 3 children). People should really revise their criteria when searching for a potential spouse :wacko:

Comment

Seriously. The girl was exemplary in every way. But she got rejected just coz her MOM was fat (after about 26 years of marriage and having 3 children). People should really revise their criteria when searching for a potential spouse :wacko:
                        Totally :wacko:
                        الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Oh my days!!

I got rejected because he weren't attracted to me.
                          I rejected different brothers for different reasons,
                          § they kept lying
                          § they weren't practising
                          § they had no papers
                          § different personalities (but not in a gd way)
                          § negative character

Comment

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
                            Totally :wacko:
                            yo momma is phat. dat mean dat uz gon' be phat to later on.

i juz cant get down wit dat.
                            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Ive declined requests to meet on numerous occasions, mostly because I am always too busy, but I have never rejected.

Ive been rejected many times though.

Mostly because my family was poor at the time, and my pious parents made no attempt to hide this fact. Funny how quickly this changed when I started making money....I'll never forget that pain though.

Comment

I haven't rejected anyone but my parent's have because at the time of request i was 15-16 years old. My dad got really p!!ssed and expressed his frustrations. Since then i haven't had a suitor to this day. I am actually scared that my dad would refuse to ever give my hand in marriage. :embar:

Comment

Working...
                                X