X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting Over a Broken Heart ~ The Islamic Way

Originally posted by KIA ORA View Post
    hi ! am totally new to this site or any of these sort of forums.I dont know to open up through words .All i know is i feel miserable and deppressed.
    I dont even know why am posting this.May be coz am too a coward to feel painful and sad.Some thoughts in the forum gives me heads up but after seconds the grief covers me all up
    are you Maori? the name suggests so..
    Last edited by *sheba*; 28-10-13, 04:56 AM.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I came across it looking for answers on google and it was very helpful.

I know it says accept Allahs Quadr. But how do you know that this is it? How do you know that you are supposed to leave it alone and not fight for your love? This is what I am struggling with...what do I do now? My heart is torn between wanting my relationship and leaving it alone bc it may be Quadr Allah.
      I am dealing with a break up that happened a little over a month ago, I have had some very bad days and some days that were a bit better, so I thought things were improving and the way I got there was having faith in Allah and telling myself that whats meant to be will be. That if Allah's plan is for us to be together then we would...So i pretty much sat back didnt do anything, didn't have any contact with him and tried to heal, I tried to move on with my life doing things that made me happy. But I now realize that I was only putting on a show for myself and everyone around me. I would cry everyday, I still do, and its getting worse, I am so irritable with everyone around me, I have no desire to do anything. Plans I once had with friends I no longer want. So I wonder how do I know if this is whats wanted whats supposed to happen? Am I to contact him like he told me when we broke up, he said he wanted me to change things and then call him, things might I add that we discussed at length that I told him I would do differently but he didnt accept at the time. How do I know if I am to leave it alone at this point or contact him to get back together.
      I wish there was a sure fire way to know but if anyone has some guidance i'd be glad to read it.
      And thank you for your time.

Comment

When something unfortunate like this happens, you have three choices: You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamp View Post
          When something unfortunate like this happens, you have three choices: You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
          What do you mean by, to let it define you?

Comment

Muslim man heartbroken

Wassalamualaikum.....

I am a Black Muslim & I am Truly Deeply in Love with an Arab Jordanian Woman. I love her with every ounce of love in my heart. I feel that ALLAH has sent me an angel. I would give my life to save her life with no hesitation. I come to her in her dreams and she comes to me in mine. We both love each other with all of our hearts. Me and her father sit and talk for hours at his restaurant after and doing business hours. I sit and listen to him tell stories of Amman Jordan and raising his family there....good times the bad times and the funny times. I love Her father just as much as I love his beautiful daughter. But he will not agree to me marrying his daughter. Even though he knows I love her with all of my heart and it would be an honor to have her hand & to spend the rest of my life with her. His main concern is other Family opinions, views, & perception of his daughter who he sent back to AMMAN to live for 10 years to learn their ways, culture, and traditions; just to come back to America at the age of 22 and fall in love with a Black Muslim who cares deeply for his daughters' name and treats her like the queen she is. He has arranged a marriage with a man she does not love. Has nothing in common with. But most importantly a man she DOES NOT LOVE. They are now engaged, which she told me approximatley 2 days ago after spending the entire Christmas holidays together..and I am alone on New Year's Eve and day and they are together at his request with his family. I feel as though I have lost everything. My heart has never felt such pain. I am truly empty inside. And ALLAH is the only thing holding me together. And my question to you all.....IS WHY? WHY AM I NOT WORTHY ENOUGH FOR HIS DAUGHTER? .....Yusuf
            Last edited by Yusuf4609; 01-01-14, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Re: Muslim man heartbroken

Wa alaikum salam

Being of a different nationality or race is not a good reason enough not to be allowed to marry someone. What is more important is the character of the person and how practicing he is.
              Are you practicing Islam like how it should be?
              Also, being in contact with her now would not be permissible as you are not married to her.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

It's not that you're not worthy enough for his daughter, it's just people care about what others will think unfortunately. I don't see why her dad cares what other people will think about it and not accepting you simply because you're not an Arab is very stupid. On a side note, only Allah is worthy of worship/praise.

:wswrwb:
                "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

If you fix your relationship with Allah he will fix your relationships with people so you need to re-evaluate your life and see what kind of connection you have with Him and work on that.

If the relationship started in a Haram way which seems to be the case from what you have written, don’t expect Allah to find a way for you two to be together regardless of your nationalities.

BTW if Allah has written something for you it won’t miss you despite what other people try to do.

Comment

Get it together please. Only Allah (swt) is worthy of worship and she is not the end all be all of your existence. Also edit the last part of your post. It's inappropriate. May Allah (swt) give you what is good for you.
                    Last edited by purple89; 01-01-14, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Re: Muslim man heartbroken

:wswrwb:

Two problems.

Haram: Ok so akhi, you are openly telling us that you were committing clear cut Haram (kissing etc.) with this woman and therefore its a good thing she ended up with someone else.

You would have only had unhappiness and misery in your life as you began this in a haram way. nothing built on haram can ever benefit you. (although allah is most merciful and he can make exceptions whenever he wishes, to the usual cause and effect system which he has placed for us)

Too much love: you exalt the name of Allah, not a woman lol. i almost thought you were trolling but i will give the benefit of doubt. there were some other words thrown in there like "worship" which i would not use for anyone but Allah (even though i am aware you meant that you just love her alot). I think we need to just step back and ditatch sometimes. Allah will strengthen us and soon you will be having amazing dreams from allah and this woman will leave your dreams insha allah.

and NO, i am not going to cover the culture issue because no need to here. you got bigger issues from where i am looking.

May allah guide and forgive us
                      . May Allah bring Victory to the mujahideen
                      Last edited by عبد المنعم; 01-01-14, 09:02 AM.
                      70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

I will and thank you

Comment

I don't mean to sound rude or heartless but .... I feel as queasy as I did after watching Romeo and Juliet for English.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, pull yourself together and move on. If she is engaged then Islamically it's HARAM for you to propose to her.

I suggest you get on with your life and forget the past, which by the way was haram since Muslims should not be dating.

:there:
                          Gone with the wind.

Comment

If you spend hours talking to his dad then why wouldn't it work.

And you kissed her while she is engaged. Has she not shame?
                            الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

But akhi....what should I have done after her father said no....only due to the fact that I am not Arab? I'm not the type to get angry at all...but that just didn't sit well with me....and we where trying to do it the rite way....I proceeded because I felt in my heart that was not a good enough reason

Comment

It's hard to say. Arabs don't marry outside I think so and they are quite stubborn on that. I know the way they look at us. It's disgusting (I've been to hajj and experienced it)
                                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X