This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Getting Over a Broken Heart ~ The Islamic Way

one of the most beautiful article I've ever read.

Comment

I am suffering from Love problem. My girlfriend has left me, if God will like she will come back. I have left hope on God. Allah Azza Wa Jal give me strength in this time.

Comment

Just joined this forum and this thread is exactly what i was needing. With Allahs guidence im currently trying to get over the person I hoped to marry, his parents wouldnt even entertain me due to cultural cast differences and after 5years of trying, we decided to part ways. I started praying to allah during the last year of my relationship, thinking that if i pray to allah, my duas will be accepted and il get married, however i feel that it was turning to allah that actually gave me strength to let go of this long relationship and accept that it wasnt meant to be.
        Dont get me wrong though, its still really hard and i oftern still wonder if giving up on my relationship was actually the best thing, i no it was with allahs support and guidance that got me through but sometimes like now, i become confused with what has been written for me.
        I suppose i just have to remember that allah knows best and not lose faith.

Comment

[MENTION=132173]muslima34567[/MENTION] I hope this helps sis.
          Narrated Anas:
          The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Hiii

Explain your feeling by heart teaching letter and poetry throw.
            [URL="http://www.makkahcalendar.org/en/prayer-times.php"]Prayer Times[/URL]
            [URL="http://www.makkahcalendar.org/en/prayer-times-monthly.php"]Prayer Times - Monthly[/URL]
            [URL="http://www.makkahcalendar.org/en/prayer-times-yearly.php"]Prayer Times - Yearly[/URL]

Comment

:rotfl: :rotfl: ^^^^
              Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

i cant wait to get over it!

Comment

mashallah, excellent article

Comment

I totally agree. Poetry is the same as prayers.
                    http://degreeway.com

Comment

asalaam alykum very wise words brother alhamdulilAllah i was once married and i am a revert, after i was married i met my wifes family and was finally accpeted by her family i am of mixed heratige and her family is mixed with eygpt/turkish/ and pakistani i noticed much culture following and family views in place instead of islamic quran and sunnah, Me being a person who likes to seek knowledge , caused much clashing of views, and arguments between myself and my wife, finally after 3 years of disruption and heartache, i am now divorced, a few words of advise to people from my own experiences "some people can live with culture within family" but some people cant, i loved my wife very very much i never ever loved before a person such as her,
                      it is very hard to make a marriage work if you follow quran and sunnah if culture interferes with deen, the words of our prophet s.a.w are very very true!" youll have nothing but dust on your hands if you marry for any other reason but religion" when i first met my wife she was, and still is practising, but i didnt know about the culture aspect until regularly going to family gatherings and outings and when certain issues arose, i tried to advise and others did but some people are very stubborn, and only Allah guides whom he pleases, Love is a very strong condition sometimes i think its better to not love,
                      theres a saying i heard once from a wise person "Take RESPECT, for without RESPECT there is NO LOVE!
                      Last edited by revertmuslim2016; 23-10-16, 07:14 PM. Reason: MISTAKES

Comment

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I hope you can help me with something.

I am a 20 year old girl, who had a long distance relationship with an English muslim convert. I would not consider it a typical relationship-relationship, but there were feelings involved, but we wanted to keep things the halal way. Anyways, I am going to try and make a long story short. We met online, but we skyped and everything so the person is real do not worry about that. And we spoke for 2 years. I was going to move to England for studies, and so was he (but our decision was based on by each other) it was something I had planned before I even spoke to him ever. However I had a gap year before I moved to London, due to personal reasons and so did he, but to travel. Our relationship was very good and he would always keep me updated and would talk about the future with me, and said that when we both moved to London we would have to meet to see where things were going and because the feelings were strongly involved. For me this seemed like the perfect guy because of the way he was looking at Islam and also how we would teach other things about it, however during november/december of 2015 after he mentioned he wanted to meet me earlier, he wanted a break. Which broke my heart, but that break did not last long, however when we spoke again things weren't great and we fully stopped talking for 7 weeks and without me expecting it, he contacted me. And later on admitted that he had not lost his feelings towards me, and that he had been drinking again so it ruined his relationship with me and to some extend islam. However when he contacted me he said he was on a better way and he was still into meeting in London, but the closer we got to moving to London something happened, when I mentioned that we would have to meet and that I could not put my life on hold, he said there was no chance of anything anymore and that it just wouldn't happen. Now I have been here in London for 3 months, and he tried to contact me three times, but on my old number. The third time he contacted me over Facebook and said he still cared about me and wanted to know how i was doing, when I replied he went silten for 2 weeks and then I asked him why he did so, and he said it wasn't a good idea of him to contact me, and three days ago I found out that he is now dating/in a relationship with a new girl who is non-muslim and from pictures I have seen it looks like he has started to drink again. When I mentioned to him that when it came to me he said he needed to take Islam seriously, but with her its not? He said "dont mention it" I feel like he knows he is making a mistake (Islamic wise)

I have deleted him from all social media, but my brothers and sisters it is very painful. I thought Allah had sent me him into my life for a good reason, because when things were good they were perfect and also the things we shared about Islam. I feel like he know has fallen back into his bad habits, because he mentioned that his previous relationship (before me) was a mistake because it ruined his way to Islam.

For the time I knew him he didn't struggle with drinking, he would pray and fast during ramadan and now you´re thinking how could u possibly know? Well because even though it wasn't the most common relationship, there was trust and proper updates.

What do I do now? I really want him in my life as the person I knew him for, I feel like he will reach a point and realize the mistakes he is doing at the moment and regret the way he has treated me this past time... I am just really hurt. I am not saying I want to be married now, I am still very young, but this was a person I could see a future with and so could he. The new girl is not even a muslim, so I am pretty sure he cannot be himself with this girl. Also I found some comments where he was being rude to one of his best friends who is also a muslim. Also why would he contact me...

I hope you can help me...

Comment

Blessing in disguise.

Comment

Yeap .. well done

Comment

hmmm

:)
                              Indeed we belong to Allah,
                              and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

wow this thread is from ~13 years ago..

subhanAllah.

I wonder where all these users are now... -sigh
                                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Working...
                                X