Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters, would you marry someone younger than you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sisters, would you marry someone younger than you?

:salams:

So, would you? Im not sure if i would, i would feel like im babysitting the dude ..:hidban:

I will be 21 next week, and i wouldnt mind marrying a bro in his early 30s. Lets say 32-33 max.
    The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Re: Sisters, would you marry someone younger than you?

:wswrwb:

sister, this topic has been discussed before..you can search for it and bump it up if you want
    حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Comment

Ahh sorry /:
      The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

assalamu alaykum,

if one of the best women khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) did, then it should be good enough for us too.

however, it goes without saying that rasulullah(may the peace and blessings of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala be upon him) was the BEST of mankind and had qualities that no man older than him could match, so if there is a young brother(obv not tooo young lol) with excellent qualities, then rather than look at his age and think 'he is too young', look at his qualities

obviously there would be factors such as if the brother could provide which you would also have to consider
        http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

^That and yes I would consider marrying someone younger since in today's world you cant afford to be too picky with the lack of good muslims around and bachelors etc. As long as the deen is there and the meeting of minds and attraction then why not?

Comment

I'm not sure.. guys mature really late and there are even guys who are in their 30's who lack that lol I'm happy with someone if they are mature, responsible and think alike. Age doesn't matter but seeing as though i'm only 20 i won't go for anyone younger atm, but if i wasn't married and was still single i'll take it into consideration. Question is, will brothers marry someone older than them?

Comment

No I wouldn't. Men tend to mature later than women do.
              Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
              (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

some men never mature.

Its spiritual maturity thats matters the most
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                  some men never mature.

Its spiritual maturity thats matters the most
                  Spiritual maturity? :scratch:

Comment

I'm mature.

Comment

Prob not i'm 17 18 in a few months lol but when i do get married i wouldn't mind someone 5-10 years older then me.
                      I just think when it's a guy older is better.

Comment

Babysitting the dude?
                        How young are you thinking exactly? Five?

If he's anywhere around 18 and acts mature and knows his obligations/rights, he'll be a good husband. :insha:
                        And, then there are those who are 32 and still need babysitting. :P

Originally posted by Ani_19 View Post
                        Question is, will brothers marry someone older than them?
                        Yes.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

well , am 22 and i would like a spouse who is from 7-15 years older than me ... because maturity does matter to me :) ... but in case i ever said yes to a groom who`s younger than me (shouldn`t be less than 3 years ) that would mean he is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY GOOD person !!
                          Jannah is my aim

Comment

[QUOTE=.mirror.;4162642]Babysitting the dude?
                            How young are you thinking exactly? Five
                            ?

If he's anywhere around 18 and acts mature and knows his obligations/rights, he'll be a good husband. :insha:
                            And, then there are those who are 32 and still need babysitting. :P

well we have to admitt ! some of the brothers need long time to mature ! so it`ll be like babysitting a BIGGER child ! LOL!
                            Jannah is my aim

Comment

I was mature when I was 18.

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                              I'm mature.

Lol, 'm kidding, MS.
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X