Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

:lailah:

Asalamualikum

.....Justify from an Islamic perspective that is.

Mashallah many sisters thesedays are practicing; they pray on time, fast, and follow the sunnah. Yet when it comes to makeup they often come up with feeble excuses to do with self confidence and : ' I don't put it on to draw attention, simply to boost my self esteem'

So I want to know from the Ummah forum sisters whether they agree with wearing makeup infront of non mahrams and if they do their reasons and justifications.

To add for the sisters who do wear makeup and believe it is ok ; and I'm sure many brothers will agree - Though your intention with makeup may be solely based on increasing your confidence etc. The fact of the matter is makeup beautifys a woman, it covers any imperfections in the skin, it accentuates the eyes and thus undoubtedly you will draw attention from men. Unfortunately some muslim women have sunk to such a level where they need attention for non mahrams to make themselves feel better, I pray this sickness is cured from the hearts of any our sisters and I pray that the sisters who do wear makeup and do so with an innocent mind ; oblivious to how mens minds work ,realise that makeup will draw attention from others.

P.S. Strictly no pointless, flirtatious or irrelevant coversational posts.

Jazakallah
    Last edited by In The Skies; 18-11-10, 05:06 PM.
    O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
    while those around you were laughing in joy.
    Work for the day, the day you die,
    that you may be laughing in joy then,
    while they will be weeping for you.

Re: Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Mashallah a very good point made in a very nice way.

Comment

In the defence of those sisters who may wear makeup etc...some may have imperfections which actally increase the attention towards them...not talking a blemish or something but maybe some major issues which draw attention rather than the eye just passing over them like any other? So maybe they wear makeup not to enhance themselves or their features, but to blend in with everyone else ie: you wouldn't know they were wearing makeup because it is matching the skins natural tone and colour.
      What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
      Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
      Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
      but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
      but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
      We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
      freedom from slavery to other than the One,
      Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
      and a horizon that extends to the next life,
      Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

we shouldn't do it at all if its haram.
        People will say its self- esteem issues, but if something is haram its haram and that wont change.
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I wear makeup :-/
          I know we're not supposed to, but it's like my security blanket if that makes sense? I don't even wear eyeshadow and or all that, just some foundation (or base color, whatever u want to call it) to make my complexion even. It doesn't seem that bad to me... I see Emirati women with full faces of makeup on everyday at the malls.

Idk..I can't justify it from an Islamic perspective, but it doesn't feel like I\m doing anything wrong. Maybe I should just wear niqab instead?

Comment

:wswrwb:

Sister have you thought that maybe just maybbee people have to fight nafs in different aspects of their life. What you might find tremendously easy may be the most difficult thing for another- we are have our tests, we all have our jihads. There are sisters out there who wear makeup because they have terrible acne or terrible skin conditions- do you not think that these affect an individual psychologically? which in turn affect them spiritually? SubhanAllah sister, i understand your point and wholeheartedly agree with it but i also feel we should make excuse for our sisters and make duaa for them. For alot of them its is not about wearing the makeup because they like it- its because they feel they have no choice! to you it may be easy- you may believe that yes infact they do have a choice but the reality is, we are not walking in their shoes and neither are we struggling with those specific nafs.

Allah Ta'ala give us all strength. Ameen.
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

:wswrwb:

Well, 3 or 4 years ago I wore make up to cover this scar I had on my face and really hated - even with make up on I felt very self conscious.

This is something you can't understand until you experience it, and at that stage I in no way felt make up beautified me because its purpose was to conceal.

Now I usually go out without any make up on, but sometimes I wear mascara or something light, but to be honest, I don't have any justification for doing so.

As mentioned above, I suppose it doesn't really feel like I am doing anything wrong, but it does change the way people treat you which is a downside because it cheapens women.

Comment

caked up hijabis to me personally are looking for attention

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                www.QuranicAudio.com
                www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                  caked up hijabis to me personally are looking for attention
                  That takes time and alot of make up is used, but when it's mascara or a bit of powder, it is less obvious that it is going to attract attention.

Comment

I Dont Wear Make Up Ever
                    And He found you lost and guided you,
                    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Women are not the only ones to wear make up nowadays, men do too..they even pluck their eyebrows
                      Mrs B

Comment

To those sis's saying makeup makes them more secure, why can't you wear the niqaab, isn't that much much more secure?
                        http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

cuz my face looks as plain as a pancake without any...:/
                          Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                            To those sis's saying makeup makes them more secure, why can't you wear the niqaab, isn't that much much more secure?
                            This thread definitely made me think more about it, and I really wouldn't mind it. I think niqab is wonderful... It's just that being so new to Islam like I am, I just started wearing hijab/abaya like 3/4 weeks ago and I'm worried about getting "convert burnout" and feeling like I've done everything too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
                              This thread definitely made me think more about it, and I really wouldn't mind it. I think niqab is wonderful... It's just that being so new to Islam like I am, I just started wearing hijab/abaya like 3/4 weeks ago and I'm worried about getting "convert burnout" and feeling like I've done everything too soon.
                              MashAllah, your a revert. I thought you were Emirati. Must be great being a revert in a Muslim country as you can just pick up stuff so much quicker than if your holed up somewhere in the West.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X