Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Originally posted by QMU View Post
    yes and know that Allah will judge you... and you are doing something that is not prescribed.... so this is not anyone judging you... but be aware when others advice you for good.. you take it or be silent, coz the tone of the way you spoke is very childish.
    I think you're projecting your own image onto her, your comment is pretty childish. "I'm not judging you but... *judgejudge*" --that's essentially what you're saying.

What is the point of this? Do you think you're doing any good making people uncomfortable and/or roll their eyes?

Comment

honestly dont think she a minority, i use to b in a similar situation with makeup n am born muslim, alhamdulilah raised in a practising family (my parents were not a big fan of makeup- but put more emphasis on character n actions )
      n sadly in the west where we live in its normal, n 4 a lot of us it becomes soo routine n habit that we dont even realise that we are doing anything wrong
      ...especially if ur 1 of those sisters that goes out of her way to make sure she doesnt have to interact with men n u put in the effort in a university setting to keep ur decency as a muslima, u end up not being part of a lot or not hanging out with certain sisters 2 closely because their always brothers that r "friends with them/or they interact with"...or the practising/active muslim students, treat u differently, because of ur 'conservative nature'...sometimes its hard to give up that shield/reassurance that made-up face gives u...n then when u finally give it up, n u still get the same kind of attention it leaves u second guessing..alhamduliah i've concluded that most ppl r crazy- so am good now :D
      side note....i know where i live 4 the past maybe 2/3 years now abayas r very in fashion wit muslim girls especially in their late teens n 20s n makeup is the least of our problems (u'll have muslims dude hollar @ u like its normal istafurlilah)...honestly haya n real people r few n far apart

p.s. srry 4 the essay, just a very relevant topic in our day age among practisin muslims

Comment

No it is not justified.

Comment

Last edited by whisperofimaan; 20-11-10, 12:58 PM.
          الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            eh?

Brother, I never said that this was a bashing thread. It's just that when it comes to issues concerning the opposite gender, only those of that gender should talk about it. Because, many brothers don't know how to give nasheea to the sisters. And many sisters don't know how to give nasheea to the brothers.

In both cases, someone's feelings will be hurt. This could have been avoided if they were talking to someone of the same gender. There is a difference between nasheea and telling someone what to do. Many of us don't know the difference yet.
            i completely disagree...

i see alot of complaints here daily in just my normal reading that both brothers and sisters have, so yes their are some issues that should be discussed amongst the women but other topics should and need to be brought out into the open so that us men will gain a better understanding of whats really going on with our women in islam and in return we will find better ways to address such situations but keeping it in the amongst the women doesn't help anyone...

Comment

i dont wear make up, not anymore anyway, so i wouldnt know the answer to it.

Comment

:up: says it all pretty much

Originally posted by zaitoon View Post
                Since wearing niqab ages ago I have felt more secure than those times when the lustful gazes of men stared back at me......

Make up enhances the beauty of a woman no doubt!! and there is tremendous of rewards for a woman to beautify herself for her husband within the confines of her home.
                “The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: ‘Faith consists of more than seventy branches. And haya (modesty) is a part of faith.’” (al-Bukhari)

Modesty in our actions,the way we dress and conduct ourselves.I see no reason to leave home all dolled up when it's an obligation for a muslimah to preserve her beauty and body for her husband and only those allowed to see her.

For those sisters that do so we must not judged them,as the sister posted above we all face our own diff trials we have to fight,some are easier for some to suppress than it is for others.Most of the times it's just our nafs telling us to do stuff and that's why they say the biggest jihad isn't only about fighting in the path of Allah swt but controlling our nafs(desires) cos when we follow these desires it leads us to bigger and worst sins.

May Allah save us aameen
                The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

eh?

Brother, I never said that this was a bashing thread. It's just that when it comes to issues concerning the opposite gender, only those of that gender should talk about it. Because, many brothers don't know how to give nasheea to the sisters. And many sisters don't know how to give nasheea to the brothers.In both cases, someone's feelings will be hurt. This could have been avoided if they were talking to someone of the same gender. There is a difference between nasheea and telling someone what to do. Many of us don't know the difference yet.
                  not really, if sisters are wearing make up and causing a fitnah, then of course the brothers are going to say something about it, because it effects them...it might sound funny but its true and sometimes we need to hear the true even though it may be harsh.
                  check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

eh?

Brother, I never said that this was a bashing thread. It's just that when it comes to issues concerning the opposite gender, only those of that gender should talk about it. Because, many brothers don't know how to give nasheea to the sisters. And many sisters don't know how to give nasheea to the brothers.

In both cases, someone's feelings will be hurt. This could have been avoided if they were talking to someone of the same gender. There is a difference between nasheea and telling someone what to do. Many of us don't know the difference yet.
                    Ukthi this is what you said ...

*smack*

These kinds of threads are stupid. Why? Because it should be sisters talking to other sisters about these kinds of things. Brothers, you may think you are doing a good job with the nasheea, but to some sisters they find it off putting and awkward. Especially when it seems like all the brothers do is dictate what they should and should do and look down on them if they do something they disapprove of.
                    Everyone's nafs is different and everyone has their own struggles to go through. Please don't look down at others who wear makeup.
                    thats sounds like you are accusing the brothers of Bashing ... but nevertheless ...

ukthi you also said ...

"In both cases, someone's feelings will be hurt. This could have been avoided if they were talking to someone of the same gender."

sadly this isn't true, you cannot completely avoid "hurting someones feelings" when you are telling them what they are doing is Wrong ...

We should not be concerned at trying to please each others "feelings", we should be concerned with pleasing Allah Ta'ala by stating the Haqq ... and leaving it at that.

Nasiyaah is advice, sis, this whole Deen is Nasiyaah, In Islam when we advise someone, we tell them what to do, and what not to do ... it is upto them wether they act upon it. We should also note the consequences of not following that Nasiyaah, / displeasing Allah ta'ala too, irrelevant of which gender this is being addressed to.

When we are given sound/good nasiyaah, we should have no objections to it.

If I have said something to hurt any brothers/sisters feelings, it was not intentional, I am trying to give good counsel, and in return have recieved good counsel, even been corrected by brothers and sisters ...

We Enjoin what is Good, and Forbid what is Evil, to each other, this is a beautiful aspect of Islam which distinguishes it from other Ba'atil Religions.

:jkk:
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                      not really, if sisters are wearing make up and causing a fitnah, then of course the brothers are going to say something about it, because it effects them...it might sound funny but its true and sometimes we need to hear the true even though it may be harsh.
                      this is very True sis, the same applies to the Brothers ...

:jkk:
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Let me start by saying that I find these threads stupid, not because it's a stupid thread. But because Muslims are way to obsessed with what the Muslimaat do wrong. So many threads, so many, are about sisters doing this, sisters doing that. For me, it starts to get annoying because it sometimes feels like to many people's eyes, Muslim women can do no right and there is something always wrong with them. Weird, yes, but it gets annoying. A lot of the threads are not even about how sisters can improve themselves, just what brothers think sisters are doing wrong and how its wrong and khalas. Where is the nasheea in that?

So, when it comes to issues like this, I do find it that sisters tend to have more tact when talking to sisters about these matters. Just like how brothers have better tact than sisters when it comes to brothers. The fact is, no brother here will know the hardships Muslim women go through and makeup is a big one. To just say, "Allah says it's haram." Is alhamdulillah good, but we know that a lot of things are haram. Go in deep and give more advice on the matter and don't mention the west, but not a lot of people (brothers and sisters) can. So then you have some people start judging sisters who do this, brothers who do that. And those who do these sins start to feel bad about themselves and feel like people are attacking and not advising.

Yes, you are right that feelings shouldn't matter. However, I find that when you are giving advice, you need to take it into account. Because what you say, may sway them into doing something that is even more haram and I do not want to be the cause of that, due to my nasheea.

Anywho, that's just my two cents.
                        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                        [2:186]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

I was a make up geek before reverting (no cake up image but i was using make up every day and use colored eye shadows; i was putting make up in the morning even if i was at home all day, i was just feeling good tht way..); i gave up eye shadows and colors generally after i reverted, still could not give up foundation and kohl/mascara, mostly cuse i got used to see myself with make up and without it i was feeling weird, like a faded image of myself, the eyes seem smaller, the skin whiter and showing imperfections... after i read this thread i wanted to try give up foundation, 2 days so far going out with my own skin visible LOL! no foundation or else though, is not tht bad, am getting used to it and seems like my skin is becoming clearer :) inshallah i can keep it this way, is easier.
                          أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

Let me start by saying that I find these threads stupid, not because it's a stupid thread. But because Muslims are way to obsessed with what the Muslimaat do wrong. So many threads, so many, are about sisters doing this, sisters doing that. For me, it starts to get annoying because it sometimes feels like to many people's eyes, Muslim women can do no right and there is something always wrong with them. Weird, yes, but it gets annoying. A lot of the threads are not even about how sisters can improve themselves, just what brothers think sisters are doing wrong and how its wrong and khalas. Where is the nasheea in that?

So, when it comes to issues like this, I do find it that sisters tend to have more tact when talking to sisters about these matters. Just like how brothers have better tact than sisters when it comes to brothers. The fact is, no brother here will know the hardships Muslim women go through and makeup is a big one. To just say, "Allah says it's haram." Is alhamdulillah good, but we know that a lot of things are haram. Go in deep and give more advice on the matter and don't mention the west, but not a lot of people (brothers and sisters) can. So then you have some people start judging sisters who do this, brothers who do that. And those who do these sins start to feel bad about themselves and feel like people are attacking and not advising.

Yes, you are right that feelings shouldn't matter. However, I find that when you are giving advice, you need to take it into account. Because what you say, may sway them into doing something that is even more haram and I do not want to be the cause of that, due to my nasheea.

Anywho, that's just my two cents.
                            Not so stupid now huh?.........................

Originally posted by .hayat. View Post
                            I was a make up geek before reverting (no cake up image but i was using make up every day and use colored eye shadows; i was putting make up in the morning even if i was at home all day, i was just feeling good tht way..); i gave up eye shadows and colors generally after i reverted, still could not give up foundation and kohl/mascara, mostly cuse i got used to see myself with make up and without it i was feeling weird, like a faded image of myself, the eyes seem smaller, the skin whiter and showing imperfections... after i read this thread i wanted to try give up foundation, 2 days so far going out with my own skin visible LOL! no foundation or else though, is not tht bad, am getting used to it and seems like my skin is becoming clearer :) inshallah i can keep it this way, is easier.
                            Mashallah sis, good on you. Keep up the good work.
                            Peace in Afghanistan, Bring back the Taliban!

Democracy and voting = KUFR

My blog

Comment

Originally posted by .hayat. View Post
                              good to know that someone's benefitting from these 'stupid threads'

Comment

To the brothers--
                                try and see how you would cope wearing a jubbah and hijab in this climate?
                                would you be able to handle the pressure?
                                .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X