Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

the common complaint among new muslims is that they are constantly told what to do and what not to do too much too soon, so you are a minority
    " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
    Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Just a thought - I know couples where the husband has literally never seen the wife without makeup. Obviously she wears it outside, and I guess she wakes up early to put it on. Some men must like that sort of thing, or no woman would bother about it in the first place. If a woman feels like she needs makeup to be attractive to her husband, then she's not going to want him to see her without it, whether that's inside or outside their house. That wouldn't make it any less haram, but maybe it's more understandable in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleMuslimah View Post
        Just a thought - I know couples where the husband has literally never seen the wife without makeup. Obviously she wears it outside, and I guess she wakes up early to put it on. Some men must like that sort of thing, or no woman would bother about it in the first place. If a woman feels like she needs makeup to be attractive to her husband, then she's not going to want him to see her without it, whether that's inside or outside their house. That wouldn't make it any less haram, but maybe it's more understandable in that situation.
        This is how I am. :-/
        I want to get married of course, but I'm so scared about my husband seeing me without makeup and stuff. I don't exactly have the best complexion, and I feel hideous without foundation on atleast.

Comment

I heard that wearing make-up makes the skin age faster. All those chemicals in the cosmetics ruins the skin. Causes misbalances in the natural balance in the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by In The Skies View Post
            :lailah:

Asalamualikum

.....Justify from an Islamic perspective that is.

Mashallah many sisters thesedays are practicing; they pray on time, fast, and follow the sunnah. Yet when it comes to makeup they often come up with feeble excuses to do with self confidence and : ' I don't put it on to draw attention, simply to boost my self esteem'

So I want to know from the Ummah forum sisters whether they agree with wearing makeup infront of non mahrams and if they do their reasons and justifications.

To add for the sisters who do wear makeup and believe it is ok ; and I'm sure many brothers will agree - Though your intention with makeup may be solely based on increasing your confidence etc. The fact of the matter is makeup beautifys a woman, it covers any imperfections in the skin, it accentuates the eyes and thus undoubtedly you will draw attention from men. Unfortunately some muslim women have sunk to such a level where they need attention for non mahrams to make themselves feel better, I pray this sickness is cured from the hearts of any our sisters and I pray that the sisters who do wear makeup and do so with an innocent mind ; oblivious to how mens minds work ,realise that makeup will draw attention from others.

P.S. Strictly no pointless, flirtatious or irrelevant coversational posts.

Jazakallah
            Sisters should note that Allah Ta'ala has given them Izza, Honour Status, above that of all of the Non-Muslims ... they should not have no need to use make up to raise their self esteem in front of others ...

also in addition to the usual makeup, sisters also tend to wear perfume while going out ...

Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Every eye is lustful and when a woman applies perfume and then goes about in an assembly,
            she is like such and such, i.e. an adulteress." (Mishkat Hadith1065)

a sister should not beautify herself except for her Husband.

:jkk:
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
              I heard that wearing make-up makes the skin age faster. All those chemicals in the cosmetics ruins the skin. Causes misbalances in the natural balance in the skin.
              today women can get mineral makeup which helps fades scars and what not. makeup which helps skin heal.
              glass half empty

Comment

what if the sister was burned and uses some kind of make up to hide the scars?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                  To those sis's saying makeup makes them more secure, why can't you wear the niqaab, isn't that much much more secure?
                  Since wearing niqab ages ago I have felt more secure than those times when the lustful gazes of men stared back at me......

Make up enhances the beauty of a woman no doubt!! and there is tremendous of rewards for a woman to beautify herself for her husband within the confines of her home.
                  “The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: ‘Faith consists of more than seventy branches. And haya (modesty) is a part of faith.’” (al-Bukhari)

Modesty in our actions,the way we dress and conduct ourselves.I see no reason to leave home all dolled up when it's an obligation for a muslimah to preserve her beauty and body for her husband and only those allowed to see her.

For those sisters that do so we must not judged them,as the sister posted above we all face our own diff trials we have to fight,some are easier for some to suppress than it is for others.Most of the times it's just our nafs telling us to do stuff and that's why they say the biggest jihad isn't only about fighting in the path of Allah swt but controlling our nafs(desires) cos when we follow these desires it leads us to bigger and worst sins.

May Allah save us aameen
                  Last edited by zaitoon; 19-11-10, 08:09 PM.
                  احب الصالحين و لست منهم لعل الله يرزقني صلاح

Comment

dnt 4 get women dress uo to impress other women just as much as non mehrams...

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

i wear make up when i go out. nothing wrong it.

Comment

yes if i dont i look like a druggie. happy now?
                        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                          dnt 4 get women dress uo to impress other women just as much as non mehrams...
                          Showing off and Pride are both Haraam in Islam. This (Islam) is a Deen of Humility ...

Comment

*smack*

These kinds of threads are stupid. Why? Because it should be sisters talking to other sisters about these kinds of things. Brothers, you may think you are doing a good job with the nasheea, but to some sisters they find it off putting and awkward. Especially when it seems like all the brothers do is dictate what they should and should do and look down on them if they do something they disapprove of.

Everyone's nafs is different and everyone has their own struggles to go through. Please don't look down at others who wear makeup.
                            وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                            "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                            Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                            [2:186]

.:.
                            .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                            Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                              *smack*

These kinds of threads are stupid. Why? Because it should be sisters talking to other sisters about these kinds of things. Brothers, you may think you are doing a good job with the nasheea, but to some sisters they find it off putting and awkward. Especially when it seems like all the brothers do is dictate what they should and should do and look down on them if they do something they disapprove of.

Everyone's nafs is different and everyone has their own struggles to go through. Please don't look down at others who wear makeup.
                              Ukthi if the sisters find this awkward, then they are free to discuss it in the sisters only section. But this thread was not about Bashing the sisters, just advising them against wearing Makeup outside their homes, and the evils associated with it ...

whenever you tell someone that, what they are doing is wrong, the most common stance is that of a defence, they think you are attacking them ...

Nevertheless, Allah ta'ala commands us to Enjoin the Good and Forbid the Evil. this goes for both the Men and Women.

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                                Ukthi if the sisters find this awkward, then they are free to discuss it in the sisters only section. But this thread was not about Bashing the sisters, just advising them against wearing Makeup outside their homes, and the evils associated with it ...

whenever you tell someone that, what they are doing is wrong, the most common stance is that of a defence, they think you are attacking them ...

Nevertheless, Allah ta'ala commands us to Enjoin the Good and Forbid the Evil. this goes for both the Men and Women.

eh?

Brother, I never said that this was a bashing thread. It's just that when it comes to issues concerning the opposite gender, only those of that gender should talk about it. Because, many brothers don't know how to give nasheea to the sisters. And many sisters don't know how to give nasheea to the brothers.

In both cases, someone's feelings will be hurt. This could have been avoided if they were talking to someone of the same gender. There is a difference between nasheea and telling someone what to do. Many of us don't know the difference yet.
                                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                                [2:186]

.:.
                                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X