Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
    In the defence of those sisters who may wear makeup etc...some may have imperfections which actally increase the attention towards them...not talking a blemish or something but maybe some major issues which draw attention rather than the eye just passing over them like any other? So maybe they wear makeup not to enhance themselves or their features, but to blend in with everyone else ie: you wouldn't know they were wearing makeup because it is matching the skins natural tone and colour.
    Originally posted by Zesty View Post
    :wswrwb:

Sister have you thought that maybe just maybbee people have to fight nafs in different aspects of their life. What you might find tremendously easy may be the most difficult thing for another- we are have our tests, we all have our jihads. There are sisters out there who wear makeup because they have terrible acne or terrible skin conditions- do you not think that these affect an individual psychologically? which in turn affect them spiritually? SubhanAllah sister, i understand your point and wholeheartedly agree with it but i also feel we should make excuse for our sisters and make duaa for them. For alot of them its is not about wearing the makeup because they like it- its because they feel they have no choice! to you it may be easy- you may believe that yes infact they do have a choice but the reality is, we are not walking in their shoes and neither are we struggling with those specific nafs.

Allah Ta'ala give us all strength. Ameen.

Agree with the above.

Comment

good thread.

there could be many reasons why sisters wear make up:

*lack of knowledge
      *lack of confidence
      *influenced by this society where everything is based on the way we look
      *influenced by others around them.
      *want to get married

point is though its not allowed and contradicts hijab and theres no excuse.

from my perspective i feel that when sisters wear make up with hijab it has a bad influence on other sisters who struggle very hard to keep it off....as sisters we are supposed to support each other in obeying Allah and when i see sisters do that it upsets me. Maybe they dont realise the effect of it/struggling themselves...Allahu 'Alam.

everything in this society is based on the way you look. Therefore, its v.v.v. rare to see a woman walk down the street without an ounce of make up. VERY RARE.
      Also, when sisters know they they should not wear make up in front of ghair mahram and try to make excuses then thats more annoying....because its really shaytaan trying to beautify an action by making you think theres no harm. we are all victims to this on a daily basis.

Another thing someone told me is that, some sisters feel the need to wear make up because they need to get married and feel as though if they don't they will get no proposals. Sad thing is alot of men can't see past this whole fake make up look aswell. So thats another pressure.

why is it that we cant feel good about ourselves without make up?. I really do think its the brainwashing of this society big time.

Hope I have not offended anyone & sorry for the long post...
      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
        MashAllah, your a revert. I thought you were Emirati. Must be great being a revert in a Muslim country as you can just pick up stuff so much quicker than if your holed up somewhere in the West.
        Exactly, that's why I took the chance to come here right away :)
        Except sometimes it can be a little difficult trying to differentiate between culture and Islam here because I'm new to both.

Comment

Jazakallah for your replies,

First point : I'm a brother

Second Point: To all the sisters who have scars, acne, any other facial problems which actually draw attention for the wrong reasons; then ofcourse its fine to wear makeup BUT ONLY to make your face look regualr and plain and not to enhance it.

What I refer to in this thread are sisters who without any skin conditions or scars; still try to justify putting on makeup. In other words not sisters who wear makeup to cover basic flaws (i.e. acne) but sisters who are fine in terms of skin/complexion, yet still choose to enhance their face.

Keep the replies coming people.........
          O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
          while those around you were laughing in joy.
          Work for the day, the day you die,
          that you may be laughing in joy then,
          while they will be weeping for you.

Comment

This is actually more common that we would care to admit as Muslims. I bumped into a sister not too long ago and her face was tantamount to a rainbow in terms of the amount of make-up she had on!!

Anyway this thread isn't designed to bash sisters as everyone has certain things they are struggling with, including my very self. I just want to reassure the sisters that if they stop putting on make-up when going out for no other reason but to please Allah, despite how 'ugly' or 'plain' the shaytaan convinces them they look, then insha Allah I can guarantee that Allah will replace that with His noor and your face and heart will emanate and glow like it couldn't any other way! After all, the light will coming from the One who is veiled by light and created light itself!

May Allah guide us all.
            What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
              This is actually more common that we would care to admit as Muslims. I bumped into a sister not too long ago and her face was tantamount to a rainbow in terms of the amount of make-up she had on!!

Anyway this thread isn't designed to bash sisters as everyone has certain things they are struggling with, including my very self. I just want to reassure the sisters that if they stop putting on make-up when going out for no other reason but to please Allah, despite how 'ugly' or 'plain' the shaytaan convinces them they look, then insha Allah I can guarantee that Allah will replace that with His noor and your face and heart will emanate and glow like it couldn't any other way! After all, the light will coming from the One who is veiled by light and created light itself!

May Allah guide us all.
              That bolded part of your post reminded me of this video:

Comment

Originally posted by In The Skies View Post
                So I want to know from the Ummah forum sisters whether they agree with wearing makeup infront of non mahrams and if they do their reasons and justifications.
                No.
                Understanding is key. Look behind the words and see the meaning. Search for the person's values, biases, goals, desires; the unstated, the underlining, the unknown.

Comment

salaam,

as i am Alhumdulillah fortunate to be in a sister's enviro -
                  i do wear make up as i just mingle with girls---
                  so i pretty much prefer segregated places anyway so i wear it then but i do not be caked up
                  .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

To the original poster, have you considered that although sisters who you feel are practicing is merely an opinion of yours at first glance? For what may seem like a practicing sister to you, may well be a practicing sister in the making, because in reality she might have given up something haram yesterday, or last week, or last year and is taking steps to improve herself?

I am in no way making excuses for sisters who wear make up with the Hijab/Niqab because it defeats the purpose and thus disobeying Allaah. However I can only speak for myself RE why I wear make up outside of the home, and although I wear a niqab, I feel as though a little eyeliner helps me not to feel so ugly. By eyeliner I mean khol. Now I know Khol is a sunnah however I believe women shouldnt wear it as it beautifies the eyes. I know its wrong, I dont always wear it, but if Im going to meet some sisters or something then I will, but not for merely popping to the shops and the like. What I wear under my niqab is of course no ones business as its only visible to those who I choose.

I dont think brothers realise sometimes how hard it is for sisters when they are faced with air brush images of women every where they look, they are faced with the notion women are objects day in day out, they already look like walking tents, so cut those sisters some slack and give them the benefit of the doubt. They might have just given up swearing yesterday, they may have given up music the week before, they may have given up drugs the month before that. For some sisters it takes longer then others, but all humans, men and women have their vices.

However, one thing that winds me up like something chronic are sisters with facebook pictures in niqab filled to the rim with make up bragging the jihad with brothers all over their page! Brothers love them type of sisters!
                    Peace in Afghanistan, Bring back the Taliban!

Democracy and voting = KUFR

My blog

Comment

Edited
                      Last edited by Umm Saalehah; 17-03-12, 10:15 PM.
                      Peace in Afghanistan, Bring back the Taliban!

Democracy and voting = KUFR

My blog

Comment

answer in a few words, Yes I can.. And I don't think it is anyone elses business on what I wear or if I wear make-up. There is a true saying that goes, "clean up your own backyard before trying to clean up someone elses".. In other words Allah is my judge not man.

Comment

just as i'm looking up this topic. if the purpose of you make-up is to seek attention, then it relates to this issue of women wearing perfume when going out

From that, women are also prohibited from wearing scent and perfume when they are going outside the home, lest men should smell their perfume.

Abu `Isa At-Tirmidhi recorded that Abu Musa, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Prophet said:

كُلُّ عَيْنٍ زَانِيَةٌ، وَالْمَرْأَةُ إِذَا اسْتَعْطَرَتْ فَمَرَّتْ بِالْمَجْلِسِ فَهِيَ كَذَا وَكَذَا

Every eye commits fornication and adultery, and when a woman puts on perfume and passes through a gathering, she is such and such -- (meaning an adulteress).

He said,

"And there is a similar report from Abu Hurayrah, and this is Hasan Sahih.''

It was also recorded by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i.
                          taken from tafsir ibn kathir on the ayat 24:31
                          And tell the believing women to lower their gaze, and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over their Juyub and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women, or their right hand possessions, or the Tabi`in among men who do not have desire, or children who are not aware of the nakedness of women. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful

Comment

Second Point: To all the sisters who have scars, acne, any other facial problems which actually draw attention for the wrong reasons; then ofcourse its fine to wear makeup BUT ONLY to make your face look regualr and plain and not to enhance it.

What I refer to in this thread are sisters who without any skin conditions or scars; still try to justify putting on makeup. In other words not sisters who wear makeup to cover basic flaws (i.e. acne) but sisters who are fine in terms of skin/complexion, yet still choose to enhance their face.

Be careful of making up your own fatwa brother, I don't know anyone who gave the same fatwa as yours. Adorning the Face for females is not permissible, even if she's going through the same phase as you mentioned.
                            islamway
                            اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post

Sister have you thought that maybe just maybbee people have to fight nafs in different aspects of their life. What you might find tremendously easy may be the most difficult thing for another- we are have our tests, we all have our jihads. There are sisters out there who wear makeup because they have terrible acne or terrible skin conditions- do you not think that these affect an individual psychologically? which in turn affect them spiritually? SubhanAllah sister, i understand your point and wholeheartedly agree with it but i also feel we should make excuse for our sisters and make duaa for them. For alot of them its is not about wearing the makeup because they like it- its because they feel they have no choice! to you it may be easy- you may believe that yes infact they do have a choice but the reality is, we are not walking in their shoes and neither are we struggling with those specific nafs.

Allah Ta'ala give us all strength. Ameen.
                              I agree with what you are saying. I also do not agree when women wear full makeup which really draws attention. But I dont think its wrong to wear a foundation which covers the spots or some dicoloration of the skin, for some people its really bad, such as having a different color around the mouth that you cant even tell the lips appart, so this affect women psychologically and its not done in any way to attract anyone, in this case people cant even tell she is wearing makeup, she is just covering an unatural aspect of her face
                              " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                              Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

yes I agree for scars/discoloration problems and you only wear foundation to cover the scars not add other makeup to it, I personally hate wearing makeup for other reasons, its unnatural, my husband doesn't even like it at home
                                " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                                Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X