Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ladies ; can you justify wearing makeup when you leave the house ?

Originally posted by anonymous_mehip View Post
    True, but it's way easier when you're married and have a husband who can appreciate your beauty and tell you you're beautiful. way more difficult for the sisters who arent married therefore no one to tell them they're pretty and feel not really pretty when looking a the mirror, especially when they have been used to wear make up in the past.
    I'm not saying it's okay, it's obviously haram to wear make up outside your house, but gotta explain the psychology of the (some) unmarried women here :)
    well i havnt been amrried long, and im not old either, but i didnt feel the need to wear make up before i was married, somebody should like you for who you are not for what you look like, beauty comes from within, cold people are cold even if they wear makeup and normally guys can tell what kind of a woman they are but their reflections. women need to stop feeling pressured, or feeling "ugly" and start smiling more about themselves and start loving themselves or then how can they expect men to love them. we as women need to be mroe concious of our actions and personality rather then our materialistic beauty, beuty from within is far greater. :)

Comment

also the best cure for acne and bad skin is if you dont wear makeup :) gets rid of it the easiest and quickest way!

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
        also the best cure for acne and bad skin is if you dont wear makeup :) gets rid of it the easiest and quickest way!
        Yeah,trying to cover acne or pimples will only make it worst and clog your pores and make it more problematic. No makeup means no makeup outside, unless your wearing niqab and no one can see it on. Having scars or acne doesnt give you an excuse to wear it outside.
        Last edited by *aisha*; 20-02-12, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          well i havnt been amrried long, and im not old either, but i didnt feel the need to wear make up before i was married, somebody should like you for who you are not for what you look like, beauty comes from within, cold people are cold even if they wear makeup and normally guys can tell what kind of a woman they are but their reflections. women need to stop feeling pressured, or feeling "ugly" and start smiling more about themselves and start loving themselves or then how can they expect men to love them. we as women need to be mroe concious of our actions and personality rather then our materialistic beauty, beuty from within is far greater. :)
          dunnu if you're talking in general or if it's to me, al hamdoulillah I don't think i'm ugly at all, I was only trying to say I understand if some do... I don't wear make up either and my skin isn't bad lol
          of course beauty from within is far greater! I rather look ugly and be a good muslimah than pretty and lost
          May Allah guide us, Ameen

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous_mehip View Post
            dunnu if you're talking in general or if it's to me, al hamdoulillah I don't think i'm ugly at all, I was only trying to say I understand if some do... I don't wear make up either and my skin isn't bad lol
            of course beauty from within is far greater! I rather look ugly and be a good muslimah than pretty and lost
            May Allah guide us, Ameen
            thats why i put a smiley face at the end so you didnt think i was being rude or talking about you personally lol it was in general, i would never talk about someone like that when i dont know them or even if i did. thats what i hate about the internet or phones when you write something people might mis interpret the meaning or take it the wrong way. sorry if you thought that.

Comment

To be honest, make up doesn't automatically make a girl better looking.

Heavy makeup looks horrible.

However, is it really a sin just to put some light 'natural' looking makeup to liven the face slightly?

Let's be honest here, girls are very self concious. No girl wants to have this appearance that she looks like a zombie. That's how girls are - they care about their own beauty.

Comment

Asalamualikum,

Alhamdulillah the revival of this thread has been a positive one. I just wanted to say mashallah and that I am indeed proud of our sisters who have taken or are taking the steps to minimise and inshallah eventually discontinue use of makeup infront of non mahrams. I'm sure my fellow muslim brothers will agree that its a breath of fresh air to have sisters who mashallah realise and understand the negative consequences of makeup infront of non mahrams and even though they may still want to use it, give it up for the sake of Allah subhana watala. May Allah reward you all an inshallah keep you safe.
                O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
                while those around you were laughing in joy.
                Work for the day, the day you die,
                that you may be laughing in joy then,
                while they will be weeping for you.

Comment

Originally posted by advertisement2 View Post
                  It's not over till the fat lady sings (as they say).

I was reading in a book about a women that seeks khulu' (talaq) because her husband doesn't let her come and go as she pleases.

The islamic opinion is that the judge shouldn't give it to her on that basis. I say the same with a wife that wants khulu' cuz her husband won't let her wear make up. No khulu' for her, but she can cry about not getting to wear mascara when she goes out if she like. As for the husband, here is some ice cream for your patience.

;)

Umm, that sounds like a pretty darn good reason to get khulu...i mean not letting her go out of the house? seriously? that man has some personal issues or a maaaajor insecurity problem.
                  but the main question is, WHY DON'T THESE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THIS SORT OF STUFF BEFORE MARRIAGE???

Comment

I keep it natural. MA my skin is clear however I can look ill and pasty even though I'm fine.
                    So just the very slightest powder base. So my face looks well. You can't even tell I'm wearing it. Or that I even got any on :-). That suits me fine.
                    Last edited by BeReal; 07-03-12, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Many men that keep their wife's simple and don't let them out the house

Such men have got something to hide :->

Comment

and why do they dress up and wear make up when the meet a potential spouse !

like that man is stranger to you, yet you dress and glamorize (is that a word lol) yourself as if he is your husband!

I think its in a womans innate nature to be "pretty" all the time, so i guess its difficult for them to avoid the chemicals.
                        But end of the day its wrong!, keep your prettyness only for your husband !!!

Comment

Originally posted by In The Skies View Post
                          :lailah:

Asalamualikum

.....Justify from an Islamic perspective that is.

Mashallah many sisters thesedays are practicing; they pray on time, fast, and follow the sunnah. Yet when it comes to makeup they often come up with feeble excuses to do with self confidence and : ' I don't put it on to draw attention, simply to boost my self esteem'

So I want to know from the Ummah forum sisters whether they agree with wearing makeup infront of non mahrams and if they do their reasons and justifications.

To add for the sisters who do wear makeup and believe it is ok ; and I'm sure many brothers will agree - Though your intention with makeup may be solely based on increasing your confidence etc. The fact of the matter is makeup beautifys a woman, it covers any imperfections in the skin, it accentuates the eyes and thus undoubtedly you will draw attention from men. Unfortunately some muslim women have sunk to such a level where they need attention for non mahrams to make themselves feel better, I pray this sickness is cured from the hearts of any our sisters and I pray that the sisters who do wear makeup and do so with an innocent mind ; oblivious to how mens minds work ,realise that makeup will draw attention from others.

P.S. Strictly no pointless, flirtatious or irrelevant coversational posts.

Jazakallah

Assalamu Aleykum!

I will give you an example of in what circumstances it is justified to wear a little makeup. I have a newborn baby, which results in long nights and lack of sleep. I have dark circles under my eyes, my skin has developed a yellowish tone and i have developed darker blemishes on my skin from the pregnancy. Now i might not be the only one with such a problem, girls that are in the same situation, girls that have studies where they have stress and long nights which also result in skin problems, girls with jobs or any other stress that can cause a tired looking bad complexion have the same problem.
                          Now, you might say that that is still not an excuse, but, living in a westerm country myself, I notice that people look at you strangely with hijab on, and more so when you look tired and sad with dark circles around your eyes and bad complexion. I can imagine that this feeds the nonbelievers' opiniont that women in islam are opressed and overall unhappy in their islamic
                          Iives. I find it important to display myself in hijab harmoniously, blemishes concealed, a little mascara, a little blush and lipgloss, just so that I look fresh, rested and reflect on my face the happiness I feel on the inside. I want western women to not be pushed away from the hijab and thus our beautiful deen, by looking at me and seeing a worn out woman. I want them to feel invited by seeing only peace and harmony in me. That is the reason I wear makeup, for the purpose of concealing and refreshing. We are like an invitation card to nonbelievers, they should see us and want to be a part of Islam.

I do agree though, that overdoing on the makeup, making it look heavy and cakey is unnecessary and defeats the purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by In The Skies View Post

To add for the sisters who do wear makeup and believe it is ok ; and I'm sure many brothers will agree - Though your intention with makeup may be solely based on increasing your confidence etc. The fact of the matter is makeup beautifys a woman, it covers any imperfections in the skin, it accentuates the eyes and thus undoubtedly you will draw attention from men. Unfortunately some muslim women have sunk to such a level where they need attention for non mahrams to make themselves feel better, I pray this sickness is cured from the hearts of any our sisters and I pray that the sisters who do wear makeup and do so with an innocent mind ; oblivious to how mens minds work ,realise that makeup will draw attention from others.

P.S. Strictly no pointless, flirtatious or irrelevant coversational posts.

Jazakallah
                            or MAYBE its because they are trying to find husbands which is why they are beautifying themselves for men because we all know that, as much as men love to deny it, the prettier she looks the more likely it is that the brother will say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by yusuf. View Post
                              and why do they dress up and wear make up when the meet a potential spouse !

like that man is stranger to you, yet you dress and glamorize (is that a word lol) yourself as if he is your husband!

I think its in a womans innate nature to be "pretty" all the time, so i guess its difficult for them to avoid the chemicals.
                              But end of the day its wrong!, keep your prettyness only for your husband !!!
                              Lol because 9 times out of 10 it works. If shes dressed down with no make up chances are he will think 'couldn't she have made an effort?'.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X