Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you marry someone you met online?

Salam folks =)

So, would you marry somene you met online?

Either you were looking or for someone online deliberately or it just happened?

Would you?

Do you think it's embarrasing to marry someone "from the internet" - or it's Ok?

Your views = appreciated. Thanks all!

=)

Re: Would you marry someone you met online?

:salams:

If I met a Sister, only chatted to her through email and MSN and then thought of marriage? Thats wrong.

If I met a Sister, got to know her online and then met her face to face and THEN thought of marriage? Thats right.

Just my opinion but I think you need to at least meet a person before deciding if you both will be able to love one another.
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

As long as it is carried out islamically, it will be like any marriage medium.
      islamway
      اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Wasalaam,

I personally would not marry someone from online-
        its far too risky and i could get a proposal through the Imam from our Masjid

thats me, but for some that dont live within a Muslim area I think then maybe it could hold some benefits to marry a Muslim if there are no other means

it would be a last resort kind of thing
        .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

it is just a means to meet people like other avenues in my opinion. and as long as islamic principles are observed like bro abu jaffar said, i don't see anything wrong with it.
          “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

Comment

I wouldn't mind if she is proper and is not a poser.
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Have had this topic a million times before!
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Think my parents would kill me before it got that far

Comment

what if you met sombody on Ummah lol!
                  And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

why? have you found someone...

Masha'Allah!
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Just like any other way of meeting someone. You can meet a fake in person and you can meet a fake on the net... with right intentions any way of finding a spouse is acceptable.
                      Allahu Akbar kabira, walhamdulllah kathira, wa subhanallahi bukratan wa'asila.

Comment

Well I wouldn't believe a single word until I meet the sister and her family in person.

Online you can paint your picture with flying colours but in reality it's always a different story.

Comment

never.
                          “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

I'd marry someone I liked the sound of, and then met in person and made a decision.

I wouldn't marry someone I had got to know online, because there are some weird Muslim males on the internet - most of them can be found on Facebook.

Comment

Wouldn't it be a hassle, say, if that potential lives on the other side of the world?
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X