Temporary weddings in Saudi Arabia rampant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Temporary weddings in Saudi Arabia rampant

there are valid applications of misyar marriages, e.g. the girl and boy are studying, so they get married with the intention of living together after they finish their studies. or the guy currently cannot afford suitable accomodation so they get married with the intention that of living together once he can get suitable accomodation. now there's nothing wrong with that.

however, it is subject to abuse by people who just want a 'holiday' wife etc... which is wrong
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
      there are valid applications of misyar marriages, e.g. the girl and boy are studying, so they get married with the intention of living together after they finish their studies. or the guy currently cannot afford suitable accomodation so they get married with the intention that of living together once he can get suitable accomodation. now there's nothing wrong with that.
      i also don't see any wrong in this marriage but how come this one comes under misyar?
      "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
      western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
        I know I'm reading this thread really late, but ignorant Imran really won the argument.

Nice one Bro. I've really changed my opinion of you.

(Now if you could just get rid of that "PAF rocks" thing).
        my aim was not winning an argument, since i came across this concept of marriage few years ago, i always thought 'why we even call this a marriage'.

changed opinion about me, what was the previous one :p
        "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
        western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Well this is very interesting thread.

However i have a question (for Brother Dawud perhaps)... if circumstances change can a Misyar marriage be converted later to a Full marriage?
          "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Originally posted by yassin' View Post
            Well this is very interesting thread.

However i have a question (for Brother Dawud perhaps)... if circumstances change can a Misyar marriage be converted later to a Full marriage?
            it involves a contract, so would need consent of both parties to change its terms. yes it is cold looking at marriage that way, but this is what a marriage contract is - a contract.

this is the difference between misyar marriage and a 'normal' marriage where a woman chooses herself to give up some of her rights, she can take them back at anytime.
            Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

As far as I know no scholar has said this contract (Misyar) is supposed to be temporary..it's meant to be like any other marriage contract with a wali, 2 witnesses..it's only that the wife waives some of her rights, i.e. accommodation, financial support.

The scholars made a mistake in allowng such a marriage however, because it is open to abuse...and with the kind of men there are nowadays it will definitely be abused by most. I think some scholars did say that it was a mistake and that they shouldn't have allowed it.

I think it's mainly the Saudis that do it because of the high mahr requests that exist and the general difficulties in getting married.
              Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 26-10-10, 05:38 PM.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Reviving Mut'ah in Hijaziyyah
                Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                X