Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol. quick question. bit urgent

dis is a purely hypothetical situation. :o

a girl approaches a boy for marriage. he agrees. they are 'engaged'. there hasnt been a official marriage contract yet (nikaah). so they are 'engaged'.

is it allowed for another girl to approach the same guy for marriage. even tho he's already agreed to marry another woman. i.e he's already engaged to another woman

im not talking about morality lol. im jus talking about permissability. (is dat even a word)

ok jzk

Re: lol. quick question. bit urgent

why so urgent if its purely hypothetical? lol ;)

a man can have up to 4 wives, so i guess he's still got 3 spaces to fill if engaged to one? :p
    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
      why so urgent if its purely hypothetical? lol ;)

a man can have up to 4 wives, so i guess he's still got 3 spaces to fill if engaged to one? :p
      lol. oh no its not what it luks like lol. im discussin this with a friend and we checked the internet but cant find anything. she's sayin its not moral to do that. im sayin forget morality for a min is it even allowed? i dnt think it wud be allowed if it wasnt moral?

Comment

If u say so... ;)

Check this thread

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...iple-proposals
        "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Lol init if you say so oh weird one :P

Yeah as P2BM said he still got another 3 spaces to fill (he don't have to tho)
          (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

i thought Nikah was Arabic word for engagement? :S

the answer to your question is yes.
            “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Originally posted by weird View Post
              dis is a purely hypothetical situation. :o

a girl approaches a boy for marriage. he agrees. they are 'engaged'. there hasnt been a official marriage contract yet (nikaah). so they are 'engaged'.

is it allowed for another girl to approach the same guy for marriage. even tho he's already agreed to marry another woman. i.e he's already engaged to another woman

im not talking about morality lol. im jus talking about permissability. (is dat even a word)

ok jzk
              There is no such thing as an Israel,
              It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

seriously, no its not allowed, its haraam for him to say yes to the second girl, cuz he agreed to the first one, vice versa
                It is occupied-palestine

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
                  seriously, no its not allowed, its haraam for him to say yes to the second girl, cuz he agreed to the first one, vice versa
                  Sis.. you can't call anything haram that Allah has not made haram. You are right.. for a sister she cannot approach or be approached by another brother if she has accepted a proposal.. but for a man.. he IS allowed four wives..

A sister has to wait her Iddah before she can remarry after talaq but a brother can re marry straight away.. it is no different in the beginning

However. it is not as straight forward as that.. because he has to be able to provide rights to both of the sisters once they are married.

It is also within his (and her) right to pull out of the arrangement before the nikah takes place..

The nikah is the marriage contract.. so there is no marriage commitment between them until it takes place..

this topic was covered here if you are interested in reading more OP

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...arry-two-wives
                  Last edited by carol_au; 16-09-10, 12:38 PM.
                  .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
                  http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
                    Sis.. you can't call anything haram that Allah has not made haram. You are right.. for a sister she cannot approach or be approached by another brother if she has accepted a proposal.. but for a man.. he IS allowed four wives..

A sister has to wait her Iddah before she can remarry after talaq but a brother can re marry straight away.. it is no different in the beginning

However. it is not as straight forward as that.. because he has to be able to provide rights to both of the sisters once they are married.

It is also within his (and her) right to pull out of the arrangement before the nikah takes place..

The nikah is the marriage contract.. so there is no marriage commitment between them until it takes place..

this topic was covered here if you are interested in reading more OP

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...arry-two-wives
                    sorry I cant find translation when I do, I will post inshallah,

الخطبة علي الخطبة
                    يترتب علي الخطبة حرمه التقدم لخطبه المراه ممن كان يعلم بتمام خطبتها لغيره فقد اجمع العلماء علي تحريم الخطبة الثاني علي الخطبة الأولي إذا كان قد تم التصريح بالا جابه ولم يأذن الخاطب الأول ولم يترك الخطبه فان خطب الثاني وتزوج والحال هذه فقد عصي باتفاق العلماء لقول النبي (صلي الله عليه وسلم)(لا يبع أحدكم علي بيع أخيه ولا يخطب أحدكم علي خطبه أخيه إلا أن ياذن له( رواه مسلم عن ابن عمر (نيل الاوطار :5|167*168 سبل السلام:3*22*113)
                    وفي روايه للبخاري( نهي أن يبيع الرجل علي بيع أخيه وان يخطب الرجل علي خطبه أخيه حتى يترك الخاطب قبله أو ياذن له)( ورواه أيضا ابن خزيمه وابن الجار ود والدار قطني)
                    It is occupied-palestine

Comment

jzk dats sorted :o

ps. im very dissapointed with your behaviours 1mbc and p2bm

Comment

no it's not sorted.

that thing rainer you put up mentions a hadeeth about a totally different situation.

It's about Guy A proposes to girl a then Guy B proposes to girl A even though Guy A's proposal is done and she is Engaged but not married. that's not permissable.

Those on this thread who have agreed that Guy A can propose to Girl A, B, C, and D all during the same week and marry them all at whatever time he wishes later on did because they know polygamy is halaal.

Whatever Allah made halal is because He is the Most Wise.

(Long story made short)
                        Last edited by advertisement; 17-09-10, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X