Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niqaab....?

Originally posted by weird View Post
    ur implying dat a sister who doesnt wear niqab is looked down upon. ur emotions are gettin in the way of ur understanding

if a sister dusnt wear niqab she is deficient. whether ppl get emotional about dis or not is irrelevent.
    now if that statement isn't looking down on sisters who don't wear niqab then i don't know what is...

Comment

subhanalah u mite aswell tell me im lukin down on a glass dats half empty

Comment

In otherwords, the glass is half empty, so carry-on lukin down on upon it--innit?

Actually, tip it over, that will be even better.:)

Comment

How is she deficient? How do you know what's in her heart? Her actions? Her relationship with Allah, her family, her community? How can you take an issue like this where scholars differ on opinion, which by the way we must respect, and catapult it to such proportions where you have the audacity to question someone faith?
          Last edited by Reptile; 11-09-10, 06:46 PM.
          By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
            So your picking and choosing yourself what you want to follow and what you don't want to follow?? It's every Muslims DUTY and not a choice to spread/preach Islam.

A person that thinks it is not their duty to follow certain etiquettes when preaching, i.e. when Allaah said and call to your lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching, then they themselves have a deficiency in the deen.
            no, actually, it's a duty upon ppl wid knowledge

Originally posted by advertisement View Post
            Yes everybody. If you can't do dawa' then you are either weak or ignorant.

:D
            i think we'd have a few problems if everyone was givin da'wa

In otherwords, the glass is half empty, so carry-on lukin down on upon it--innit?

Actually, tip it over, that will be even better.:)
            i dnt kno how u percieved dat- but a glass of water dats half empty is deficient, i.e you could add some more water to it. no secret message or conspiracy behind dis statement, just the fact dat it's deficient
            Last edited by weird; 11-09-10, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BintelIisam View Post
              As-sallamu alikum

Would men on this forum want their wives to wear niqaab? What do people think?
              And what you sisters think, if your husbands/finaces tell you that they want you to wear niqaab?
              I personally believe niqaab is fard because I see the arguments for it stronger than otherwise. I know the men know, but I'll mention it anyway. There is a split opinion on this issue and the wife has her personal choice what she feels is correct. She cannot be forced, we should not annoy her about it. Make a mention, discuss the fiqh and leave it at that. Because if she wears niqaab because you told her so, she's not doing it for Allah and that deed will be rejected.

The some scholars who say it is not fardh, they also say it is better to do.

Comment

no, actually, it's a duty upon ppl wid knowledge

i think we'd have a few problems if everyone was givin da'wa
                That's why I said, if you can't do dawa', you are either weak or ignorant. In your case, you can't use ignorance as an excuse since you know niqaab is a merit but if you refuse to tell people in a nice way, then you must be weak/defiecent.

Comment

yes if u know u should do something but ur not doing it, den ur either weak or ignorant. a da'ee or ppl dat call other ppl to islam have certain etiquettes or ways, which i think da'ees need 2 worry about, not me
                  who are you to decide who is stupid or weak? who are you to decide who has a higher eeman over another?
                  there is only one judge after this life....and the judgement is His, and His alone.

Comment

she feels that she should- but she doesn't? Why?
                    if you are thinking that some one who feels in their heart that niqab is compulsory but doesn't wear it, obviously thats an issue, but if they don't think its obligatory thats not a problem. You wouldn't call someone who doesn't do all sunnah prayers deficient in iman, would you sis?
                    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

That's why I said, if you can't do dawa', you are either weak or ignorant. In your case, you can't use ignorance as an excuse since you know niqaab is a merit but if you refuse to tell people in a nice way, then you must be weak/defiecent.
                      i cant help dat ppl get emotional about their own weaknesses. i have other things 2 worry about.

Comment

interesting how the polls are so polar while I'm the only one who picked wouldn't ask her but would persuade by poking.

Comment

i cant help dat ppl get emotional about their own weaknesses. i have other things 2 worry about.
                          I.e. you are too weak to give dawa'.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                            if you are thinking that some one who feels in their heart that niqab is compulsory but doesn't wear it, obviously thats an issue, but if they don't think its obligatory thats not a problem. You wouldn't call someone who doesn't do all sunnah prayers deficient in iman, would you sis?
                            if a person prays the obligatory 5 prayers, and on top of this out of love for Allah SWT and a need to please Him and earn nearness exerts himself around all other activities to pray the volentary prayers, subhanalah i would never place place this person in the same category as the one who prays the fard and gets on wid his life

Comment

I.e. you are too weak to give dawa'.

yes, and dont forget ignorant.

Comment

yes, and dont forget ignorant.
                                nope, you know niqaab is a merit (making me repeat myself) so that "ignorant card" isn't for you. Sorry, you can keep the weak card though and pull it out again next time somebody asks you to share your knowledge with manners.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X