X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niqaab....?

Originally posted by Al-hayaa View Post
    tht post is there for the reason

i wuda responded to urs but reading the first line i stepped back cos thts wot i wanted to do too :d
    Good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by weird View Post
      .....agen we all kno the best of women covered their faces- ....
      :masha: :up:

Comment

before i answer the OP question

it is not for anyone here to call to question the iman of a sister who does not wear niqab! if you wear it, then great mashallah but don't go getting on your high horse and look down on your sisters who don't. you don't know anyone's circumstances. leave judgements to Allah!

now...back to the question :p

communication is key. if you want your wife to wear it then marry a sister who wears it already or who is willing to start wearing it because she wants to and marriage is a means of gaining the confidence to start.

Comment

im not givin naseeha- im sayin wat i think. and if u want 2 be closer to Allah swt den u need 2 follow his words - dat includes where He asks u 2 enter into islaam wholeheartedly, not jus pickin out wat suits ur 'feeling' or 'opinion'. some ppl use the difference of opinion card just 2 suit their personal desire. agen we all kno the best of women covered their faces- no 'opinion' is more relevant n needed then dis fact
          The scholars that say wearing the veil is obligatory have their proof, and those that say it's sunnah have their proof. I'm obviously not a scholar and doubtful which to follow. Even amongst the companions of the Prophet peace be upon him, they had differences of opinions amongst themselves but they didn't go round hating on each other and they were the best of people. So did the sahabah themselves pick and choose what to follow? No, clearly differences of opinions exist. Sadly Muslims can't be respectful of other people's opnions they start criticising them and looking down on them.

You said your not giving naseeha and just stating what you think. You yourself pick and choose because as Muslims it is our duty to enjoin good and forbid the evil and it is our duty to give naseeha but in a kind way. It says in the qur'an that invite to the way of Allaah with wisdom and beautiful preaching, so you kinda contradict yourself when you say people use the pick and choose card, when your using it yourself.

Comment

Nobody here is questioning the virtue of covering ones face.

What others (I'm just observing) are contending to, is to say that a woman cannot be pious unless she covers her face.

If you don't hold niqaab to be wajib based upon real research, then you aren't doing a major sin by not wearing one.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
              So if you were not wearing the niqaab, would you be saying the same thing?

There's differences of opinion regarding wearing the niqaab. You may believe it's obligatory to wear it, but other sisters may follow a different opinion altogether. So those sisters may look at other things they have difficiencies in and work on that because they may not think that wearing the veil causes any deficiency within themselves and there are other important things that do. You can't enforce your opinions on other people.

Similar with the beard issue. Some brothers are of the opinion it's obligatory; whilst others believe it's sunnah. So a brother who says, "Those brothers that don't have a beard need to question their eemaan". There are better ways of giving naseeha to people without being arrogant just because you do something that someone else doesn't.

This is just a reminder: The Prophet peace be upon him said that whosoever has an atoms weight (or half a mustard seed) weight of arrogance/pride in their heart will not enter paradise.
              The beard is WAJIB according to all four Madhabs. The only ones who say otherwise are the ones who dont have knowledge or are finding an excuse to not keep one. Even Imam Shafi'i was of the opinion that its haraam to shave the beard even if the later scholars deemed it makruh.
              GoNe...

Comment

Originally posted by advertisement View Post
                You said if she doesn't feel that she should, then talked about her as ignorant or weak.

That's not really words of encouragement. I thought "dawa" meant calling people to Islam, not chasing them away from it by calling them weak.
                yes if u know u should do something but ur not doing it, den ur either weak or ignorant. a da'ee or ppl dat call other ppl to islam have certain etiquettes or ways, which i think da'ees need 2 worry about, not me

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah81 View Post
                  before i answer the OP question

it is not for anyone here to call to question the iman of a sister who does not wear niqab! if you wear it, then great mashallah but don't go getting on your high horse and look down on your sisters who don't. you don't know anyone's circumstances. leave judgements to Allah!

now...back to the question :p

communication is key. if you want your wife to wear it then marry a sister who wears it already or who is willing to start wearing it because she wants to and marriage is a means of gaining the confidence to start.
                  ur implying dat a sister who doesnt wear niqab is looked down upon. ur emotions are gettin in the way of ur understanding

if a sister dusnt wear niqab she is deficient. whether ppl get emotional about dis or not is irrelevent.

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo_- View Post
                    The beard is WAJIB according to all four Madhabs. The only ones who say otherwise are the ones who dont have knowledge or are finding an excuse to not keep one. Even Imam Shafi'i was of the opinion that its haraam to shave the beard even if the later scholars deemed it makruh.
                    No-ones denying that, but my question is to some Muslims, why be so arrogant and think your better just because you do something someone else is not doing? If someone knows how to give naseeha then do it, but if they don't then it's best to keep silent.

Comment

yes if u know u should do something but ur not doing it, den ur either weak or ignorant. a da'ee or ppl dat call other ppl to islam have certain etiquettes or ways, which i think da'ees need 2 worry about, not me
                      if ur muslim you gotta follow those etiquttes or ways cuz everybody is a da'ee to islam.

Comment

everybody?

Comment

So your picking and choosing yourself what you want to follow and what you don't want to follow?? It's every Muslims DUTY and not a choice to spread/preach Islam.

A person that thinks it is not their duty to follow certain etiquettes when preaching, i.e. when Allaah said and call to your lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching, then they themselves have a deficiency in the deen.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
                            No-ones denying that, but my question is to some Muslims, why be so arrogant and think your better just because you do something someone else is not doing? If someone knows how to give naseeha then do it, but if they don't then it's best to keep silent.
                            Sis nowhere did i say that a muslim who has a beard is better than one who doesnt. Its not for me to judge people. I just wanted to state the opinions of the four Madhabs. It is important that people know, after that everything is up to them.
                            GoNe...

Comment

Yes everybody. If you can't do dawa' then you are either weak or ignorant.

:D
                              Last edited by advertisement; 11-09-10, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo_- View Post
                                Sis nowhere did i say that a muslim who has a beard is better than one who doesnt. Its not for me to judge people. I just wanted to state the opinions of the four Madhabs. It is important that people know, after that everything is up to them.
                                I wasn't talking about you, I was just giving an example that some brothers who do think they are better and praise themselves just because they've got one. And some sisters who wear niqaab think they are better than sisters that don't (as you can see...).

Like there's a sister I know and this other niqaabi sister came up to her and said that my friend is going to hellfire because she doesn't wear niqaab. I swear this arrogance has got to stop. Just because you wear niqaab, doesn't mean your better than a person who doesn't.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X