Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niqaab....?

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
    Can we cover like half of the face, like a mask? I eat out all the time........
    Niqab: Can I still eat out?

A common myth about Niqab is that you cant eat with it, and that once you wear Niqab then there goes eating out! Well, let me be the first to say that I wear Niqab and I love eating out and I still eat out (Yes with my face still covered). I know some girls that are new to Niqab would hesitate to eat out with family and friends because they think it might be difficult or awkward but let me assure you, eating with Niqab is not much different that eating without it! Theres many foods that are Niqab-friendly that will cause you no worries while you are eating. Amongst those foods are chicken nuggets, french fries, popcorn, choclate, falafels, - anything you can pinch between bread is GOOD. basically theres no limit to what you can and cant eat with Niqab, except I would avoid sloppy curries and soup because you dont want that on your Niqab! So my friends, if some people ask you, how do you eat with Niqab on? Just explain to them that like everyone else you still have your mouth and teeth intact and that indeed you can find a way for the food to make it to that mouth.

Really, the first time I ate with Niqab on I felt really embarrassed because I thought people were watching me but after a while I realised that everyone else is too busy enjoying their food and I should as well. Over time eating has become so easy that I've sort of become a pro if that sounds alright?? I lift my niqab slightly on the side with my left hand whilst my right hand is busy putting the food in my mouth, After all I only need my right hand to eat Al hamdulilah.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Popcorn and nuggets? I never eat that, i was more thinking ice-creams etc... plus we have very good onion soup or fondue that's sloppy to death
      No, but the mask idea is cool
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

mayb not a niqqab or a hijab but a scarf would be alright. Yes, I do want her to wear it. If she's married to a guy, I think she shouldn't let any guys look at her.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post

On the other side there sisters who slap on the make up, tons of kohl on there eyes, put on perfume and then wear the niqaab which is :wacko:
          And there are many Hijabi sister who'll do the same :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
            Yes. It would be a precondition for marriage that a potential either wears niqaab or has intention to after marriage.
            Any man with an ounce of gheerah would want their wife to.
            [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Seeing the way Arabs dress today. Wearing loose abayas etc. Also, spending some time in hot areas. Anybody knows that wearing loose clothing is a better way to battle the temperatures rising above 40 degree Cs.

Both Arab men and women wear loose clothing in today's arab world. It makes me wonder what kind of clothing did women used to wear in the time of prophet (s.a.w.) that the decree of covering came?

I mean by default if you wear Arab dress men/women. You are covered. Then why the extra order of covering? This ayah comes to mind:

Surah 33:Ayah 53

"O ye who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses,- until leave is given you,- for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation: but when ye are invited, enter; and when ye have taken your meal, disperse, without seeking familiar talk. Such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet: he is ashamed to dismiss you, but Allah is not ashamed (to tell you) the truth. And when ye ask (his ladies) for anything ye want, ask them from before a screen: that makes for greater purity for your hearts and for theirs. Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah's Apostle, or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah's sight an enormity"

Comment

:salams

Her choice

Im not going to force her, im not going to push her, it will be up to my wife, if Allah ta'ala grants me one inshallah, to make that decision herself.

Comment

it is actually wajib according to all 4 imams to wear it.

and that is the brothers personal preference, so where is the problem?

Originally posted by anistop View Post
                  Do you mean to say that the husbands of the Muslim women who do not wear niqab have no ghairah? When Prophet (peace be upon him) did not make it fardh, do we intend to say that the companions of Prophet did not have ghairah? As per the following hadith, it is ok for women to leave their hands and face open. In fact, it is recommended during Haj and Umrah that the face of woman should be be open, what happens to the ghairah of husband when the wife has to remove the veil during Haj and umrah. I am quoting the hadith below:

"Ayesha (rad.i-Allahu `anha) reported that Asma’ the daughter of Abu Bakr (rad.i-Allahu `anhu) came to the Messenger of Allah while wearing thin clothing. He approached her and said: 'O Asma’! When a girl reaches the menstrual age, it is not proper that anything should remain exposed except this and this. He pointed to the face and hands." [Abu Dawud]
                  The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                  (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                  In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    reminds me of eating in makkah hilton, through 'investigation' the chicken at the restaurant our hajj group provided was watani,
                    and we used to eat there; my dad knows some malay and struck up a friendship with the waiters (well mashallah hes like that with everyone alhamdulillah) and whenever we went to eat, they knew my mum and i wouldn't remove our niqabs so they would drag screens around our table so we could remove it; they did this everytime we went. may Allah reward them greatly and help them, amazing people, and some hadn't been able to go see their families in years, literally 6 or more years.
                    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07
                      On the other side there sisters who slap on the make up, tons of kohl on there eyes, put on perfume and then wear the niqaab which is :wacko:
                      Originally posted by con View Post
                      And there are many Hijabi sister who'll do the same :-)
                      I guess, I see why they'd do that.
                      When they remove their niqaab in front of their female friends, they probably don't wanna look hideous.

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                      reminds me of eating in makkah hilton, through 'investigation' the chicken at the restaurant our hajj group provided was watani,
                      and we used to eat there; my dad knows some malay and struck up a friendship with the waiters (well mashallah hes like that with everyone alhamdulillah) and whenever we went to eat, they knew my mum and i wouldn't remove our niqabs so they would drag screens around our table so we could remove it; they did this everytime we went. may Allah reward them greatly and help them, amazing people, and some hadn't been able to go see their families in years, literally 6 or more years.
                      :masha:
                      Ameen.

The last part reminds me of my uncles. They literally spend a huge part of their lives overseas away from their wives and kids where they work and would visit for like 2 months every 2 years or so. They probably didn't had much choice.
                      *sigh*
                      Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'll never be able to do that.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

its not their fault poor dudes. they get paid peanuts and once theyv sent some back home, have a bit left for personal necessities theres not much left to save.

oh and by the way hideous? er excuse me? what makes you think niqabis look hideous without make up LOL?

Comment

its not their fault poor dudes. they get paid peanuts and once theyv sent some back home, have a bit left for personal necessities theres not much left to save.
                          Yeah, that. That's the problem.
                          Huge sacrifice, living away from their family.

May Allah save us from that.

oh and by the way hideous? er excuse me? what makes you think niqabis look hideous without make up LOL?
                          Yeah, about that...I was thinking for a moment before I typed that...:p

I take it back. I take it back.

Comment

I guess, I see why they'd do that.
                            When they remove their niqaab in front of their female friends, they probably don't wanna look hideous
                            Come on... do you mean sisters will look hideous if they don't? :-)

slap on the make up, tons of kohl on there eyes, put on perfume
                            Also, in my humble opinion putting perfume and going out with the aim of letting non-mahram men smell is haram. Perhaps the original posters main point was regarding perfume...

Comment

Originally posted by con View Post
                              Come on... do you mean sisters will look hideous if they don't? :-)
                              Lolx....Everyone noticing that one word, for some reason...

Comment

it is actually wajib according to all 4 imams to wear it.

and that is the brothers personal preference, so where is the problem?
                                Really, could you bring some narrations for this claim please sis?

Here is some to the contrary:
                                Hanafi:
                                Hujjat al-Islam al-Jassas (d.370h) says in Ahkam al-Qur'an (vol.3, p.408):
                                "They do not show their adornment (zina) except that which is apparent" [al-Nur]... Our associates (i.e. the Hanafis) said: what is meant is the face and hands because kuhl (eyeliner) is the adornment of the face and dye and rings are the adornment of the hands. So if it is permissible to look at the adornment of the face and the hands then of course it is permissible to look at the face and hands. And the evidence that the face and hands of a woman are not 'awra (what should be covered) is that she prays with her face and hands uncovered, and if they were 'awra she would have to cover them the way she covers that which is 'awra.
                                [After talking about the conditions where a man can look at a woman's face and hands, he continues]
                                Ibn Mas'ud's view that what is apparent is the clothes has no meaning. Because it is known that what is mentioned is the adornment, but what is intended is the part of the body on which the adornment is placed. Don't you see that the rest of of things that she adorns herself with -trinkets, bracelets, anklets and necklaces- can be shown to men if she is not wearing them? Thus we know that what is meant is the place where the adornment is worn as He said in the following part of the recitation "And they should only show their adornment (zina) to their husband" and what is meant is where the adornment is worn. So to interpret it (i.e. adornment) to mean the clothes doesn't make any sense.

Al-Tahawi (d.321h)
                                al-Sarakhsi (d.490h)
                                Al-Samarqandi (d.539h)
                                Originally posted by dvazp View Post
                                Shafi'i:

al-Imam al-Shafi'i in al-Umm:
                                He said: The man and the woman must not pray unless their 'awra is fully covered.
                                al-Shafi'i said: The man's 'awra is from the navel to the knees although the navel and the knees themselves are not from his 'awra. And the woman in prayer has to cover all her body except her face and hands.

(the evidence is that al-Shafi'i said she has to cover her whole 'awra when she's praying, which means that according to al-Shafi'i her face and hands are not 'awra or else she would have to cover them when praying)

al-Muzani (student of al-Shafi'i, d.264h) in Mukhtasar al-Muzani fi furu' al-Shafi'iya (p.219):
                                Allah the exalted said: "They do not show their adornment (zina) except that which is apparent". He said: The face and hands.

al-Rafi'i (d.623h) Fath al-'Aziz sharh al-Wajiz (vol.4, p.88):
                                As for the woman, if she is a freewoman, all of her body is 'awra except for her face and hands because of His statement: "They do not show their adornment (zina) except that which is apparent". The commentators of Qur'an said it is the face and hands. What is meant is not just the palms. Rather the front and back of both arms up to the elbow are both excluded from the 'awra.

al-Nawawi (d.676h) in Rawdat al-Talibin (p.1170 or vol.2, p.455):
                                The man looking at the woman: It is forbidden to look at her 'awra, and to her face and hands if he fears fitna. If he does not fear fitna there are two views: Most the associates (i.e. the Shafi'ies), specially the earlier ones, say it is not forbidden because of the saying of Allah the exalted: "They do not show their adornment (zina) except that which is apparent" and this is understood to mean the face and hands. But it is disliked, as stated by Shaykh Abu Hamid [al-Ghazali] and others. The second [view]: it is forbidden. Al-Istakhiri and Abu Ali al-Tabari stated it, and Shaykh Abu Muhammad and al-Imam [al-Juwayni?] preferred it. The author of al-Muhadhdhab (al-Shirazi) and al-Rawayani declared it certain.
                                Last edited by AbuIbraheem.; 27-03-11, 12:11 AM.
                                Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                                http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X