Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niqaab....?

As-sallamu alikum

Would men on this forum want their wives to wear niqaab? What do people think?
    And what you sisters think, if your husbands/finaces tell you that they want you to wear niqaab?
    No, will not ask her to wear niqaab
    15.38%
    Her choice
    30.77%
    Persuade her to put niqaab on
    23.08%
    Force her
    1.54%
    Marry a niqaabi from the start
    29.23%

Re: Niqaab....?

Originally posted by BintelIisam View Post
    As-sallamu alikum

And what you sisters think, if your husbands/finaces tell you that they want you to wear niqaab?
    In my opinion it's not fardh. And some sisters don't wear it because they know they will only get trouble by wearing it and hijab is enough. But at the end of the day, your struggle is for Allah swt, and your reward is beyond imagination inshAllah.

On the other side there sisters who slap on the make up, tons of kohl on there eyes, put on perfume and then wear the niqaab which is :wacko:
    Last edited by Islam.07; 11-09-10, 04:00 PM.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by BintelIisam View Post
      As-sallamu alikum

yes i would love it if she did wear it but i wouldn't turn down anyone if they did not wear it because as we know its still acceptable to not wear it to its still her choice...

To summarise i would like her to wear it, not as critical as deen and hijab but not as trivial as shoe size. :up:
      ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

I think it's sweet when men make their wives/mothers/sisters wear niqaab, at least they care. For those of us who deem niqaab fard/waajib

I know people will reply and say 'but you can't force anyone etc etc' marry someone with similar thoughts to you and we're sorted.

Comment

How can you force her to wear it if she doesnt want to?
          GoNe...

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo_- View Post
            How can you force her to wear it if she doesnt want to?
            I know, you can't just wrap it round her face and tape it there or something :scratch:

Comment

As-Salaamu Alaikum,

No one should force their wives or even blood family to wear it as its not fardh upon them however i would "like" my wife to wear it inshaAllah, i wouldnt like men seeing my wife as i know the nature of MAN (my opinion)
              Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Comment

ofcourse I would want her to do that.
                islamway
                اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

if a man wants a niqabi he should marry one who is a niqaabi already or ask her what she thinks of the idea before the marriage, so there is confusion and he ends her up divorcing because she refused his order. now a days people are divorcing for all sorts, wrong Samosas, too much chicken, no Niqaab. crazy world.:wacko:
                  “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Niqaab? What's a niqaab?

Comment

If a brother wanted their wife to wear niqab, it would make more sense to talk about it during the talks/meetings beforehand rather than 'force' it later on.

I wore niqab before I got married but if I hadn't and thought it wasn't wajib and my husband 'forced' me to knowing before marrying me that I didn't wear it, as with most people, I wouldn't be impressed.
                      “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                      www.cage.ngo
                      www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

Last edited by advertisement; 11-09-10, 04:47 PM. Reason: no revealing secrets

Comment

Wailkumsalam warahmatullah....

Yes i would, but i think you asking the wrong person the question. It should the sisters commin out blazing about wearing the niqaab and brothers should be supporting the idea.
                          If a husband advices his wife to wear niqaab, she should take that advice on. Now from what i know its not against the quran and sunnah, and if he prefers it, should the wife go against it?.... im not to sure she should... but again we have plenty of men who dont want wives wearing niqaab( some reasons are very concerning subhanAllah), but i think niqaab v important in this society.
                          I still think a women wearing kohl with niqaab as someone stated is ten times better than a women not wearing it.... because when on the street, you dont instantly spot eyes compared to the face... i just think the way our minds operate today and the how society runs, niqaab is very very important !

the word force is another media enforced word when referring to the niqaab. You ask and advice her to wear it, and she should take that advice without questioning it, for there is nothing but benefit in taking it up.

ps. and as person said, talk about it before getting married, its a important issue, and should be spoken about.
                          Last edited by QMU; 11-09-10, 04:25 PM.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Where force comes into all this?:s

Husband with gheerah (spelling?), ma shaa Allahu la quwwata illabillah

Comment

Women are very emotional creations.

Comment

Working...
                              X