Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: why hatin on the white guys?

he dose have a point. tis a clear injustice

however, dont be so dramatic about it lol. and never resign yourself. thats basicly surrendering.

never surrender.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by ,, -alwaysbeme! View Post
      I don't see how I'm losing a thing by expressing my anger towards a CLEAR injustice. At all.

See, this is why I said I've 'resigned myself' - I'm so much happier just not thinking about how people seem to want to make me feel inferior.
      That is the way things are... ummah is not a one big happy family where everyone lives in peace and harmony. We wouldn't be on this forum expressing our real life frustrations if that was the case. You think you are the only one who has issues? There are loads good born muslims who can't get married for one reason or another...
      In the end all this is an excuse....Allah knows best, and if Allah wants you to get married then you will and if Allah has not decreed that for you well.... All you can do is tie your camel.

I don't get frustrated or angry at ppl coz i realize that they are just the tools to test you, pieces on the chessboard... ultimately Allah is in control and it will come to past what Allah has ordained for you.
      Please pray for my health. Jazak Allah

I found the enemy and it is me.

Comment

Safiyyah, Melbourne Australia...In my experience, because I'm not willing to become or act cultural like something I simply am not, or kiss anyone's ***, I'm below their feet.
        i dont know anything about life in australia but subhanallah it makes me sad reading about what u and uncle umar go through

i didnt know it was this like this, but akhi this is ur test from allah(swt), be patient and inshallah u will find someone worth ur time whose family will luv and respect u

ive gotta get off now cuz its really late or i would have written more, but inshallah never loose hope akhi
        ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

is this like suppose to be a serious thread..?
          sigpic

Comment

Firstly, a harsh view of reverts is more common than people admit, and why it's so hard for a revert to marry.
            Even reverts I know have a harsh view of reverts once they've adapted culturally into their spouses family...

Muqarrib: My apologies, brother for calling you a sister...
            How lovely. :)
            All this talk about brotherhood/sisterhood and dodging the subject and someone FINALLY admits it.

Reverts are doubted, and underestimated, our emaan is questioned constantly.
            People are way more cautious about us, but will never say so outloud.
            People act like our best friends, and then judge us more heavily than they would anyone else when we act through ignorance or make a slight mistake.

Screw that, and everyone with that attitude. Honestly!! It may SHOCK you, but Muslim IS my identity, brother! It may shock you, but Islam IS my way of life. It may shock you, but I've already roughed more tests when it comes to coming to Islam that born Muslims have no idea even exist for reverts.

So, whatever. I hope you understand why that post makes me so mad...Not to mention that PREVALENT and IGNORANT attitude in our community.

May Allah SWT stregnthen us as an Ummah AND FINALLY unite us. Ameeeeeeeen!!

I'm beginning to wonder why I ever bothered with the community...

Oh, and if we're so comparible to cars...Why even bother speaking to us? I mean, you don't know where we've been...
            Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
            i would have to agree actually with alwaysbeme on this one as with my short experience as a revert ive come to the conclusion that im not (apparently) worth as much as a born muslim.

however im not cynical about it. i really dont care actually.

like, they think i dont understand urdu lol....but i know when they arre calling me a kaffir behind my back, questioning my eeman, saying that their daughters dont belong with my kind, and other things.

its nice to hear the truth once in a while though. at least im a car now. thats a step up.
            I don't see how I'm losing a thing by expressing my anger towards a CLEAR injustice. At all.

See, this is why I said I've 'resigned myself' - I'm so much happier just not thinking about how people seem to want to make me feel inferior.
            bro as you know what the muslims do or say, isnt always islamic. the only way i got through was remembering how the muslims were with each other in the time of rasoolAllah :saw: all of them reverts, many of them had non muslim families who were physically fighting the muslims. but when people came to islam, they welcomed each other to the degree one man said to another take half my wealth, and will divorce one of my wives so u can marry her. subhanAllah this is the brotherhood of islam. The way muslims behave today, is far removed from the ways of islam. we have people so entrenched in their own culture, and so ignorant in their understanding of brotherhood in this deen, that leaves reverts and muslims of other races too totally ostracisied- because the clear fact is so many muslims today have racial issues that they hide under the guise of "preference" or "cultrue" or "my family says" No matter how they justify these ideas, they are not islamic, they have no basis in our deen at all, and they are clearly far from the ways of the attitudes of the sahabbah.

take comfort in knowing that Allah ta ala is the one in control, and with sabr and trust in Allah, you will in time insha Allah come to find yourself amongst people where these attitudes dont exist, where you are regarded as one of the muslims, regardless of your race, whether you are a revert or not. took many years for me, but along the way i did find a few gems from the muslims to support me, who didnt make me feel i was any different, and who didnt judge me based on my family, my "status" as a born or revert muslim, or on my race, who welcomed me as part of their family. they do exist, but they are rare, but those precious gems wont be found everywhere, so until you come to meet them take comfort in the history of the sahabbah and the sahabiyat, because they are our true examples of how islam should be practiced.

nice thread here with some beautiful examples.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...rhood-in-Islam
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Its not just white people that come across discrimination. Like sister asiya said the times of the holy prophet Muhammmed pbuh were truely amazing. Let that be an example to us all.

Comment

I was going to stay silent.. I know what is a reality for myself as a female revert but I cannot. I"ve been surrounded this weekend by the most multicultural and loving group of born muslims.. I'm the revert.. they are sisters from Pakistan, Bosnia, Somalia, Eritrea, Jordon, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia .. Lebanon .. and together with their husbands who I don't ever see yet know I can count on for ANYTHING (and some of them are white revert brothers) .. I have NEVER in my entire life been surrounded by so much love, so much acceptance and so much "family" masha'Allah.

Maybe as a female I dont have the same issue as brothers.. but nothing in this world would ever cause me to think that my being a white revert has not led me to the most beautiful and amazing group of people I could ever hope to meet. Allah sWT reward them all .. ameen. I feel sorry for any revert that has not experienced what I have for surely they have been the rope provided by Allah that has kept me going when my world has fallen apart more than once since my reversion humanely speaking.
                .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
                http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Count Dracula View Post
                  Its not just white people that come across discrimination. Like sister asiya said the times of the holy prophet Muhammmed pbuh were truely amazing. Let that be an example to us all.
                  for sure bro :jkk: for that subhanAllah we have born muslims being rejected for marriage because of their race- and not all reverts are white, we have indian (ex hindu/sikh) reverts, reverts from all over africa the Caribbean,from remote islands islands in the indian and atlantic oceans revert doesnt just = white person.

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
                  I was going to stay silent.. I know what is a reality for myself as a female revert but I cannot. I"ve been surrounded this weekend by the most multicultural and loving group of born muslims.. I'm the revert.. they are sisters from Pakistan, Bosnia, Somalia, Eritrea, Jordon, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia .. Lebanon .. and together with their husbands who I don't ever see yet know I can count on for ANYTHING (and some of them are white revert brothers) .. I have NEVER in my entire life been surrounded by so much love, so much acceptance and so much "family" masha'Allah.

Maybe as a female I dont have the same issue as brothers.. but nothing in this world would ever cause me to think that my being a white revert has not led me to the most beautiful and amazing group of people I could ever hope to meet. Allah sWT reward them all .. ameen. I feel sorry for any revert that has not experienced what I have for surely they have been the rope provided by Allah that has kept me going when my world has fallen apart more than once since my reversion humanely speaking.
                  thing is though even though u may come across that huge mix of muslims from all over, it doesnt always equate to be accepted in regards to marriage, which is what the brother is dealing with.

It gets a bit wishy washy when people, who invite you round for dinner, and treat u like family- when it comes to marriage say "oh sorry we dont marry outside of our kind" we cant help you because we dont know anyone who marries "people like you" i even had it said that they couldnt help me look for a husband because it wouldnt be possible for them to ask anyone they knew about marriage to a white revert ( or a revert of any other race for that matter) and its not just the race, then its "of your age" "who has been married before" .. thats like a real punch in the face, and makes all their "brotherly love" seem like a total farce, because clearly they dont really see you as one of them, they just see race, and labels.
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                    he doee have a point. tis a clear injustice

however, dont be so dramatic about it lol. and never resign yourself. thats basicly surrendering.

never surrender.
                    and yea never surrender :up:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                      bro as you know what the muslims do or say, isnt always islamic. the only way i got through was remembering how the muslims were with each other in the time of rasoolAllah :saw: all of them reverts, many of them had non muslim families who were physically fighting the muslims. but when people came to islam, they welcomed each other to the degree one man said to another take half my wealth, and will divorce one of my wives so u can marry her. subhanAllah this is the brotherhood of islam. The way muslims behave today, is far removed from the ways of islam. we have people so entrenched in their own culture, and so ignorant in their understanding of brotherhood in this deen, that leaves reverts and muslims of other races too totally ostracisied- because the clear fact is so many muslims today have racial issues that they hide under the guise of "preference" or "cultrue" or "my family says" No matter how they justify these ideas, they are not islamic, they have no basis in our deen at all, and they are clearly far from the ways of the attitudes of the sahabbah.

take comfort in knowing that Allah ta ala is the one in control, and with sabr and trust in Allah, you will in time insha Allah come to find yourself amongst people where these attitudes dont exist, where you are regarded as one of the muslims, regardless of your race, whether you are a revert or not. took many years for me, but along the way i did find a few gems from the muslims to support me, who didnt make me feel i was any different, and who didnt judge me based on my family, my "status" as a born or revert muslim, or on my race, who welcomed me as part of their family. they do exist, but they are rare, but those precious gems wont be found everywhere, so until you come to meet them take comfort in the history of the sahabbah and the sahabiyat, because they are our true examples of how islam should be practiced.

nice thread here with some beautiful examples.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...rhood-in-Islam
                      great post.

the funny/ironic thing is how people on here love making their prejudices concerning reverts known but on the other hand yapp about emulating and wanting to marry people like the sahaba... who were ALL reverts.. every single one of them... without exception.

definitely a funny bunch of hypocrites on this forum.
                      “Indeed, gentleness is not used in anything except that it beautifies it, and is never removed from anything except that it spoils it.” Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم , Sahih Muslim 16/146

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                        these threads are retarded
                        Originally posted by YasirH View Post
                        I love you
                        :eek3: get a room.

Originally posted by Qalqilya View Post
                        What a nice thread. :1popcorn:

Who cares about race? It is so last century. :|

And white chocolate is sophisticated and yummy. Dark and milk are not. :|
                        kinder bueno in white choc is oh so yummy..moving on..

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                        for sure bro :jkk: for that subhanAllah we have born muslims being rejected for marriage because of their race- and not all reverts are white, we have indian (ex hindu/sikh) reverts, reverts from all over africa the Caribbean,from remote islands islands in the indian and atlantic oceans revert doesnt just = white person.

thing is though even though u may come across that huge mix of muslims from all over, it doesnt always equate to be accepted in regards to marriage, which is what the brother is dealing with.

It gets a bit wishy washy when people, who invite you round for dinner, and treat u like family- when it comes to marriage say "oh sorry we dont marry outside of our kind" we cant help you because we dont know anyone who marries "people like you" i even had it said that they couldnt help me look for a husband because it wouldnt be possible for them to ask anyone they knew about marriage to a white revert ( or a revert of any other race for that matter) and its not just the race, then its "of your age" "who has been married before" .. thats like a real punch in the face, and makes all their "brotherly love" seem like a total farce, because clearly they dont really see you as one of them, they just see race, and labels.
                        I kinda agree with all of the above to be honest. In addition to the race, there's the caste issue as well. I have seen people get along perfectly fine until marriage comes into the question and suddenly caste (within the same community) is included in the criteria for choosing a marriage potential. It's really sad because even though Islam promotes unity, multiculturalism tends to divide communities.
                        Mrs B

Comment

i don't doubt for a second you, like me, have a good circle of friends who practice what they preach, masha'Allah.. but lets not let the good conduct of these people mask the utter hypocrisy in the hearts of many.
                          “Indeed, gentleness is not used in anything except that it beautifies it, and is never removed from anything except that it spoils it.” Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم , Sahih Muslim 16/146

Comment

I know that the way Muslims act isn't necessarily always Islamic - it just really frustrates me that they preach on one hand, and act like they're there to help, then moan on the other, and talk in circles behind your back. Because 'he's not like us'...Why should I even mask that I know REVERTS who have turned like this the second a family let them in, and I'm not for that. I just will never be able to support that.

I'm very happy for you, walla! Please know that.
                            You have truly, truly been blessed.

But, for some of us, we just don't feel we have that rope.
                            Sometimes I feel like in my dealings with the community on ANY level, not just marriage, I'm just free-falling. Alhamdulillah, it's been very trying over the years and yet I'm still here, fighting, kicking and screaming, and think I should be VERY proud of myself, cos I do feel I've been pretty much alone the whole time.

Now, I'm in a position where I'm scared to put myself out there. I barely even speak at events, or at the Masjid, or at classes, or lectures, I just kind of wander around on my own and answer Salaams and anything else someone may ask me.
                            I've just kind of been weathered by the community (in the very same city as you, sister Carol) to feel I can't really trust any of them.

Forgive me if I'm harsh, forgive me if I'm dramatic.
                            I just feel I need to voice that somewhere (here) and it's very emotionally draining for me to do so. :(

Like, I've never felt like an outcast in my life...Until I came to Islam. Now I feel alienated by Muslims, and different among non-Muslims.
                            Alhamdulillah, on most terms I'm not the 'giving-up' kind.

Comment

I know that the way Muslims act isn't necessarily always Islamic - it just really frustrates me that they preach on one hand, and act like they're there to help, then moan on the other, and talk in circles behind your back. Because 'he's not like us'...Why should I even mask that I know REVERTS who have turned like this the second a family let them in, and I'm not for that. I just will never be able to support that.

Sometimes I feel like in my dealings with the community on ANY level, not just marriage, I'm just free-falling. Alhamdulillah, it's been very trying over the years and yet I'm still here, fighting, kicking and screaming, and think I should be VERY proud of myself, cos I do feel I've been pretty much alone the whole time.

Now, I'm in a position where I'm scared to put myself out there. I barely even speak at events, or at the Masjid, or at classes, or lectures, I just kind of wander around on my own and answer Salaams and anything else someone may ask me.
                              I've just kind of been weathered by the community (in the very same city as you, sister Carol) to feel I can't really trust any of them.

I just feel I need to voice that somewhere (here) and it's very emotionally draining for me to do so. :(

Like, I've never felt like an outcast in my life...Until I came to Islam. Now I feel alienated by Muslims, and different among non-Muslims.
                              May Allah make things easy on you. Ameen. :(
                              Mrs B

Comment

i can relate to this in many ways, what i found is that i ended up living in my head, lol and no -im not insane - but dunno how else to describe it but when i was sat on my own every eid i would imagine had i been there with the sahabbah and rasoolAllah what it would be like, what it would be like to go to jummah prayer, to be able to pray with another muslim, that wasnt something i experienced and until my marriage last year, after 9 years alone i could count on my fingers how many times i had been able to pray with another muslim. when i was alone and hadnt seen or spoken to a muslim for months i would even pop into the kebab shop and get a kebab just so i could say salamu alaikum lol yes sad but true...it was a really difficult time, and to be honest had it not been for the support of many muslims here on this forum, may Allah reward them all amin. i dunno what might have happened because lack of company is a very difficult thing for a human being we are social by nature after all.

my case was a little different as i didnt live near any masjid or in a muslim community, but i really can relate to what your saying, and all i can say to you is to just speand as much time as you possibly can learning your deen it will save your sanity and your islam insha Allah. study soo much insha Allah, even if its from online lectures, from authentic books, from online classes because ploughing myself into learning my deen and how things should be, is what saved me.

sadly i lost my kids to the dunya though because they needed real people and a muslim community,and they needed good examples and non prdudiced muslim company for islam to be "real" to them, it was hard enough for them amongst their peers having a mother in abaya and hijab when even the born muslims here didnt wear it, and them being mixed race in a white socitey - never mind for them to say they were muslims themselves. but i pray that Allah ta ala guides them back to islam amin.

hang in there bro, alhamdulillah your not the giving up kind, Allah ta ala will find a way forward for you, and those years you spent alone will be well spent learning your deen, it will give u comfort and understanding of how things should be, when its all how it shouldnt be, around you. always remeber if we make to jannah insha Allah, it will be the way its meant to, and so much more, and despite whats going on here on earth its those days we look forward to, and try to work for, may Allah ta ala forgive us all and enter us there amin.

do u have acess to the new muslims forum? i know your not all that new, but i`ll put a thread in there with resources for you for online study.
                                Last edited by *asiya*; 25-07-10, 12:53 PM.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Working...
                                X