• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why hatin on the white guys?

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    racists
    wasn't singling anyone out ukhti.
    so what did u mean by your comment ? u called people racists.

we have two extremes on ummah; racists who call other people racists and vice versa
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Safiyyah89 View Post
      this thread is just plain old weird:scratch:

for sure from marriage to chocolate to nuts and now racists!

People its jummah allow the bickering please fe sabil illah!

Comment

What's with all the hate people?
        <--- I look like that and when I'm not :zzz:, I'm usually like like:banbear:and like:rotfl:but sometimes I'm like as well.

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
          But I offered you personal help through the brother who looks after reverts here in Melbourne.. not internet based ones... but khair insha'Allah.. I still ask Allah SWT to guide you to a sister if there is one for you
          Ameen! JazakiAllah kheir for the du3a. May Allah SWT reward you. :)
          I'm not turning down your help per se, sis. Carol. I'm just quite a cautious person with these things.
          I mean, this is a forum. We're talking online, besides that I really don't know you, or the brother you have in mind. How do I know you are who you say you are?
          It's nothing personal, I'm like this with all online communications.
          I also ask you not to generalise about the community here subhanAllah. We have a beautiful community of Muslims who help each other and look out for each other.. and yes, of course there are pockets of those who focus on culture over deen.. but in my wide experience all over melbourne.. it's the exception not the rule and generally we are known for marriages that in most parts of the world would be looked at as you describe.
          Clearly, we've had very different experiences.
          I don't feel I'm generalising because I'm speaking of what I've been through and seen.
          If you're saying I'm generalising would it be fair to tell you I think you're being overly defensive, just because that's what I feel or think and not what I know.

Maybe I am finding the wrong crowds of people. But why must it happen again and again and again and again?
          There comes a point where you're sick of it.
          Our Community here masha'Allah will help each other as much as possible.. please try and find a group or masjid and speak to the imam who will help you I am sure..
          Again, I'd love to believe this. That would convince me we have an actual Ummah over an assorted group of cliques who expect things from your (ie; for you to WOW them) before they give you the time of day.
          I'm not into finding a 'group', cos I feel like I know what those 'groups' are like, and if I'm right, as a Muslim it's not something I wish to become.

On that note, from the few friends I do have, I had to hold back emotions with compliments very recently when a brother told me "He's never met anyone quite like me, and it's a good thing". I don't even know why I'm sharing this, but it was just, kind of what I needed to hear...

I plan on talking to the Imam inshaAllah. I haven't been able to see him since posting that thread.

Comment

enough of all this white, brown, black talk...
            I am going green!
            Please pray for my health. Jazak Allah

I found the enemy and it is me.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              I just got this in my head.

Chocolate is sisters and Chocolate with nuts are brothers.... lawlz, I crack me up.
              Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
              mmmm walnuts.
              Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
              not that i like nuts like that....just walnuts are tastey.
              Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
              these threads are retarded
              Originally posted by YasirH View Post
              I love you
              :rotfl: ...

Comment

Originally posted by ,, -alwaysbeme! View Post
                Ameen! JazakiAllah kheir for the du3a. May Allah SWT reward you. :)
                I'm not turning down your help per se, sis. Carol. I'm just quite a cautious person with these things.
                I mean, this is a forum. We're talking online, besides that I really don't know you, or the brother you have in mind. How do I know you are who you say you are?
                It's nothing personal, I'm like this with all online communications.

Maybe I am finding the wrong crowds of people. But why must it happen again and again and again and again?
                There comes a point where you're sick of it.
                @ brother alwaysbeme,

:salams

Pls dont get pessimistic & loose hope - no matter how many bad experiences you may have had or meeting the wrong people. Many of us (including myself) have gone years looking for that special someone, only to get disappointed.

This is a Test from Allah for all of us.

But have faith in Allah and how He suddenly opens doors of opportunity and brings 2 souls together. And here is sister Carol offering you her help.

I dont know sister Carol, but sitting here in Toronto, I can trust her to be who she is - a genuine, sincere Muslimah, InshaAllah. She has been a member on this forum for a long time, with over 9000 posts and she seems very active in her community.

This is the beauty of Islam. That once you say Salaams to me, I know I have nothing to fear from you. This beauty seems lost in todays world, but its STILL there.

And there are sincere, genuine Muslims who only want to help their fellow brothers & sisters in Islam and want to love each other for the sake of Allah.

So you can put your trust in Allah and take sister Carol's offer to help or you can seek the help of some other mosques, etc.

When Allah thinks it best, He will get you married, but you have to keep trying as well. So pls dont loose hope or stop searching.

I pray Allah, Most Gracious bless you soon with that special someone and grant you both the best in this life & the Hereafter. Ameen.

Comment

What a nice thread. :1popcorn:

Who cares about race? It is so last century. :|

And white chocolate is sophisticated and yummy. Dark and milk are not. :|
                  Freedom exists only in the hereafter

Comment

this thread is nothing typical of Ummah forums chit chat (between opp genders).

Comment

• Re: why hatin on the white guys?

Originally posted by Muqarrib View Post
                      @ brother alwaysbeme,

:salams

Pls dont get pessimistic & loose hope - no matter how many bad experiences you may have had or meeting the wrong people. Many of us (including myself) have gone years looking for that special someone, only to get disappointed.

This is a Test from Allah for all of us.

But have faith in Allah and how He suddenly opens doors of opportunity and brings 2 souls together. And here is sister Carol offering you her help.

I dont know sister Carol, but sitting here in Toronto, I can trust her to be who she is - a genuine, sincere Muslimah, InshaAllah. She has been a member on this forum for a long time, with over 9000 posts and she seems very active in her community.

This is the beauty of Islam. That once you say Salaams to me, I know I have nothing to fear from you. This beauty seems lost in todays world, but its STILL there.

And there are sincere, genuine Muslims who only want to help their fellow brothers & sisters in Islam and want to love each other for the sake of Allah.

So you can put your trust in Allah and take sister Carol's offer to help or you can seek the help of some other mosques, etc.

When Allah thinks it best, He will get you married, but you have to keep trying as well. So pls dont loose hope or stop searching.

I pray Allah, Most Gracious bless you soon with that special someone and grant you both the best in this life & the Hereafter. Ameen.
                      even i passed on links to aussie forums for him to go and enquire, if he wants to moan so be it because people have offered him help. Ever heard the saying you tie your cammel and have trust in Allah (Swt). Well this is the case, he should take carol_au's advise and have trust in Allah (swt) to lead him to get married. Allah (swt) is creating avenues for him, but he keeps closing the foor. Tawaqal shows true eeman. Moaners are gonna moan.

Comment

Wow. So it seems I need to clarify myself here?
                        Look, great I have been offered services. I'm VERY grateful that, and have in fact extended a thank you every time.
                        Now I'm being urged to take up offers I'm really not comfortable with? From the beginning I echoed the same thing.
                        "I'm not comfortable with meeting people on the internet."
                        I'm sorry, I'm just not that trusting person maybe I need to be, which is fine as I've recently said, I have resigned myself to a life of not searching so when it all happens inshaAllah I can be surprised.

I'm very sure Sr. Carol is a great sister, in fact, I have no doubt.
                        But even so, I don't know her. She doesn't know me...In fact, I'm sure very few of us know each others - so why put yourself out there like that?
                        It's just not worth it.

Say I've built high walls around myself, whatever...But I don't buy into what Sr. Muqarrib's theory about Salams building trust. To me, that is lost. In the beginning, yes I definitely had the same stance...But I've had a few too many people say Salam to my face and put a knife in my back just as I got to trust them - or put huge amount of pressures on me, or offer me really fake friendship. I know not everyone's like that, but I really feel my only way to happiness is make people earn my trust. Otherwise, I'm just gonna be messed up time and time again.

The Ummah, nowadays, are so far from reflecting brother/sisterhood that it's basically become like an inside joke for Muslims.

Just how I feel.

I'm sorry, as my intention was not to offend, but I had to vent.

I re-iterate, I'm VERY POSITIVE what Sr. Carol is offering is legitimate, but so long as there's ANY doubt in someone's mind, why even expect them to go for it?

I didn't come to the forum with my attitude being 'OMG FIND ME WIFEY COOK GOOD LOL' but more cos I needed somewhere for emotional support because I felt like Muslims I know were kicking me around like a sack of dirt. I got that support.
                        I'm very grateful to everyone who has talked to me or put up with me. But with me, what's on the internet, is on the INTERNET. :)

May Allah SWT reward you all. Ameen.
                        Last edited by ,, -alwaysbeme!; 24-07-10, 08:58 AM.

Comment

@ alwaysbeme,

No one is forcing you into something you are not comfortable with. You have to do what you think its best for you & obviously do what you are comfortable with.

I dont trust people easily also - I carefully look at a person & judge them before I decide whether to trust them or not. And Alhamdulillah, Allah has given me a good ability to judge people and havent had anyone stab me in the back.

You are not comfortable with internet - thats fine. But I would like to point out that most of us that come on this Islamic forum, is because we are passionate about Islam and want to do all that we can to earn the pleasure of Allah SWT. To get to know similar like-minded people. If we did not have the Taqwa and passion to serve Islam, we would be on other websites - not this.

We were just trying to give some advice and see if we can help you out in some way. Its hard for you to trust someone, specially with your bad experience - I completely understand that & why you feel this way. But there are also some genuine people out there.

Take as much time as you want to get over your past experience, but if someone does come along whom you can trust - put your trust in Allah and take another chance. Dont write everyone off in one stroke and put up your walls. As they say, life is all about taking a chance - sometimes you win & sometimes you lose. But we (as Muslims) always have Allah with us.

I do empathize with your bad experience and sincerely wish you all the best, in whatever you do. May Allah, Most Gracious make things easy for you. Ameen.

Hope my advice helped or made sense - am writing this with just 2 hours of sleep.
                          Off to bed [email protected])

Ps: I am a brother, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                            even i passed on links to aussie forums for him to go and enquire, if he wants to moan so be it because people have offered him help. Ever heard the saying you tie your cammel and have trust in Allah (Swt). Well this is the case, he should take carol_au's advise and have trust in Allah (swt) to lead him to get married. Allah (swt) is creating avenues for him, but he keeps closing the foor. Tawaqal shows true eeman. Moaners are gonna moan.
                            Brv reply to my PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
                              Brv reply to my PM.
                              take it up with spam mod 1

jzk

Comment

Salaam thread starter

your funny. you made me laugh more than once whilst reading your posts. :rotfl:

but sad at the same time.

lot of what you wrote are true.

i have very harsh veiws of reverts. but thats because of what i have seen.

but remember Allah tests everyone/anyone, so this might be your test. i hope you pass with flying colours. :up:
                                “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Working...
                                X