Re: why hatin on the white guys?

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
    Damn MJLover, chill out.
    whaaaa

Leave a comment:

• 1MuslimByChoice
    replied

This whole colour stuff goes against the purpose of Allah creating us differently

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

A Muslim Is A Muslim, Dont Matter Is They Reverted Or Born. It Dont Matter About Colour Dont Matter At All

DEEN COMES FIRST. Not Oh So and So Whats A White Revert Or A Arab Dude.

No It Should Carry On To Be I Want A Pious Wife Or Husband :insha: Deen And Emaan Will Get You Into Jannat Owt Eles

Leave a comment:

• Yaqoot Marjaan
    replied

Damn MJLover, chill out.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    How so?

We're all colourful people and white people are not actually white, they're made up of many colours.
    we'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he said dark folks are boring, it'd be kicking off here. plus, mods, wont take it kindly, he better watch his back before a fat red infraction flies his way and he wont be able to get a new account cos they have technology to track his IP address. then he'll be missing the fun debates about culture vs islam in the marriage section...

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    hope ur joking, if not, watch out b4 u get a permanent ban.
    How so?

We're all colourful people and white people are not actually white, they're made up of many colours.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied

Originally posted by AbdulSalam View Post
    I think colourless people seem plain and boring.
    hope ur joking, if not, watch out b4 u get a permanent ban.

Leave a comment:

• Arsalan
    replied

I think colourless people seem plain and boring.

Leave a comment:

• SisMuslimah
    replied

Sumtimes we might agree or prefer to marry a revert of any skin color.. but what comes in the way is mostly family approval too! Its different "culture" and lifestyle like the sister said above me.. i wouldnt mind a revert at all but all i know is that i would have some sort of obstacles like that in hte way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with marrying a revert! They are muslim and you are too and it shud just end with that! :) May Allah Guide is all and Give us Pious Partners Ameen!:up:

Leave a comment:

• imported_MMS
    replied

Originally posted by Safiyyah89 View Post
    why must the word white be in there? y cant it just be reverts?? if u think white revert brothers get it easy imagine what the black revert brothers go through, ive herd people say ill marry a white revert brother but not a jamaican revert and it always annoys me, whats the difference? as long as the person is practicing thats all that matters alhamdulillah

(not ranting at u btw, just my observation)
    differs in different areas...i know in my ends a lot of girls would prefer black reverts

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

well whites are actually considered superior in 3rd world muslim countries till this day .

Leave a comment:

• DarkChocolate
    replied

The tanned look is IN these days thats why. Back a few generations and all the asians would have loved to marry someone white skinned, because fair was considered beauty back in the days. Anyway, alot of sisters dont mind white guys, personally I dont have much preference over skin colour. But marrying a convert white guy doesnt appeal to everyone, because of the cultural differences which would affect lifestyle and family approval.
    Also, some guys do like dark skinned girls, not everyone wants to marry an olive skin toned girl.

Leave a comment:

• SisMuslimah
    replied

thats so tru with what sis safiya said... its pretty sad.. and i wouldnt mind a revert of i guess any skin color.. i always laugh at those commericals back home where they have skin lightening creams.. and it shows the girl so sad when shes tanned or dark and so happy when she puts on the cream and shes MAGICALLY LIGHT. lol. its so fake.. but i dont see the big concern in marrying a white revert or any revert of any other skin color.. its just skin,, think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
    Why is it that almost always light is preferred over dark? Rarely would someone say i want to marry a dark-skinned sister.

Not only that, there's light-skinned and too light, if someone's for example quite pale they would be rejected for that!

It seems there's an ideal colour range that everyone wants, from cream-coloured to an olive/tanned tone, and rarely falls out of this range.
    Colonialism and media. Everyone wants to be like the rich and glamorous folk even if they killed their ancestors and ruined their countries. Oh, and still do... Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• Proud-2b-MUSLIM
    replied

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
    I totally agree but my argument is that skin colour is a physical characteristic just like height and weight. By and large all girls want a fella who is taller than them (if not 6ft 2 and a 6 pack you can grate cheese with) and by the same token some people prefer a certain skin pigmentation, be it dark or light or even Caribbean green.

But over the centuries a lot of stigma has attached itself to skin colour due to slavery and racism so everyone is naturally more reserved when it comes to talking about it in the marriage sense.
    Why is it that almost always light is preferred over dark? Rarely would someone say i want to marry a dark-skinned sister.

Not only that, there's light-skinned and too light, if someone's for example quite pale they would be rejected for that!

It seems there's an ideal colour range that everyone wants, from cream-coloured to an olive/tanned tone, and rarely falls out of this range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X