• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fais
    replied
    Re: why hatin on the white guys?

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
    I just got this in my head.

Chocolate is sisters and Chocolate with nuts are brothers.... lawlz, I crack me up.
    Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    mmmm walnuts.
    Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    not that i like nuts like that....just walnuts are tastey.
    Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
    these threads are retarded
    Originally posted by YasirH View Post
    I love you
    :rotfl: ...

Leave a comment:

• afrasayab
    replied

enough of all this white, brown, black talk...
    I am going green!

Leave a comment:

• ,, -alwaysbeme!
    replied

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
    But I offered you personal help through the brother who looks after reverts here in Melbourne.. not internet based ones... but khair insha'Allah.. I still ask Allah SWT to guide you to a sister if there is one for you
    Ameen! JazakiAllah kheir for the du3a. May Allah SWT reward you. :)
    I'm not turning down your help per se, sis. Carol. I'm just quite a cautious person with these things.
    I mean, this is a forum. We're talking online, besides that I really don't know you, or the brother you have in mind. How do I know you are who you say you are?
    It's nothing personal, I'm like this with all online communications.
    I also ask you not to generalise about the community here subhanAllah. We have a beautiful community of Muslims who help each other and look out for each other.. and yes, of course there are pockets of those who focus on culture over deen.. but in my wide experience all over melbourne.. it's the exception not the rule and generally we are known for marriages that in most parts of the world would be looked at as you describe.
    Clearly, we've had very different experiences.
    I don't feel I'm generalising because I'm speaking of what I've been through and seen.
    If you're saying I'm generalising would it be fair to tell you I think you're being overly defensive, just because that's what I feel or think and not what I know.

Maybe I am finding the wrong crowds of people. But why must it happen again and again and again and again?
    There comes a point where you're sick of it.
    Our Community here masha'Allah will help each other as much as possible.. please try and find a group or masjid and speak to the imam who will help you I am sure..
    Again, I'd love to believe this. That would convince me we have an actual Ummah over an assorted group of cliques who expect things from your (ie; for you to WOW them) before they give you the time of day.
    I'm not into finding a 'group', cos I feel like I know what those 'groups' are like, and if I'm right, as a Muslim it's not something I wish to become.

On that note, from the few friends I do have, I had to hold back emotions with compliments very recently when a brother told me "He's never met anyone quite like me, and it's a good thing". I don't even know why I'm sharing this, but it was just, kind of what I needed to hear...

I plan on talking to the Imam inshaAllah. I haven't been able to see him since posting that thread.

Leave a comment:

• YasirH
    replied

What's with all the hate people?

Leave a comment:

• sunrise
    replied

Originally posted by Safiyyah89 View Post
    this thread is just plain old weird:scratch:

for sure from marriage to chocolate to nuts and now racists!

People its jummah allow the bickering please fe sabil illah!

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    racists
    wasn't singling anyone out ukhti.
    so what did u mean by your comment ? u called people racists.

we have two extremes on ummah; racists who call other people racists and vice versa

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

racists
    wasn't singling anyone out ukhti.

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    we have two extremes on ummah; racists who call other people racists and vice versa
    and the racist in this thread who calls other people racists according to you would be whom ?

Leave a comment:

• carol_au
    replied

Originally posted by ,, -alwaysbeme! View Post
    JazakiAllahu kheyran.
    But as I said, I've resigned myself...I'd rather focus on bettering myself and my career than get caught up with ANY family...Any family, no matter what the sisters parents will say, will have members that dislike me before they know me. That's simply the law of averages.

I want little to nothing to do with a database or internet based connections. Not my style at all, and I have trust issues, noticed?
    Wa iyyakum

But I offered you personal help through the brother who looks after reverts here in Melbourne.. not internet based ones... but khair insha'Allah.. I still ask Allah SWT to guide you to a sister if there is one for you

I also ask you not to generalise about the community here subhanAllah. We have a beautiful community of Muslims who help each other and look out for each other.. and yes, of course there are pockets of those who focus on culture over deen.. but in my wide experience all over melbourne.. it's the exception not the rule and generally we are known for marriages that in most parts of the world would be looked at as you describe.

Our Community here masha'Allah will help each other as much as possible.. please try and find a group or masjid and speak to the imam who will help you I am sure..

Leave a comment:

• ,, -alwaysbeme!
    replied

I still think you live in a very different part of melbourne to me.. this is absolutely not true.. since most of my friends are from a born muslim background and from countries such as Somalia and Lebanon and Indonesia and many of them are married to reverts brothers (I hate using the term "white".. subhanAllah what is skin colour but something we see.. Allah doesn't I'm sure on Judgement Day.)

As for most revert sisters being married.. I assure you that is far from the truth.. I know so many who are not married who would dearly love to be married. The offer is still open if you contact me or contact IISNA and go on their data base.
    JazakiAllahu kheyran.
    But as I said, I've resigned myself...I'd rather focus on bettering myself and my career than get caught up with ANY family...Any family, no matter what the sisters parents will say, will have members that dislike me before they know me. That's simply the law of averages.

I want little to nothing to do with a database or internet based connections. Not my style at all, and I have trust issues, noticed?

Leave a comment:

• YasirH
    replied

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
    these threads are retarded
    I love you

Leave a comment:

• carol_au
    replied

Originally posted by ,, -alwaysbeme! View Post
    From Eurevert to Eurevert Uncle Umar - I've resigned myself to a life of singlehood, that way if I do get married to someone worthwhile I'll be pleasently surprised, and if I die alone, well, I won't be disappointed.

Just something I've learned from looking for support in the Muslim community. White revert women come first, followed by everyone else on a pretty much equal playing field...Then there's a big gap...And then comes us. Especially when it comes to marriage, it seems a fathers worst nightmare is to see his daughter with a white guy - but his lifelong dream is to see his son with a white woman...

Yawn.
    I still think you live in a very different part of melbourne to me.. this is absolutely not true.. since most of my friends are from a born muslim background and from countries such as Somalia and Lebanon and Indonesia and many of them are married to reverts brothers (I hate using the term "white".. subhanAllah what is skin colour but something we see.. Allah doesn't I'm sure on Judgement Day.)

As for most revert sisters being married.. I assure you that is far from the truth.. I know so many who are not married who would dearly love to be married. The offer is still open if you contact me or contact IISNA and go on their data base.

Leave a comment:

• Safiyyah89
    replied

this thread is just plain old weird:scratch:

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

not that i like nuts like that....just walnuts are tastey.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

mmmm walnuts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X