Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes :rubeyes:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes :rubeyes:

Since I moved to Dallas I've Noticed that alot of the sisters Wear Hijabs then you look down and see they are wearing Skinny Jeans, Clothes so tight Their bras are showing, And Soooo much make on. And when i get invited to events the men and women are mixed in dinner tables etc.

I'm from Rochester,Minnesota and Growing up in a somalia community You don't see woman in the Masjids praying with Pants and Tight Clothes, You see abayas and Jilbabis only.
    , Or no Mixings in Events.

So whats the Deal here in Texas. Do the sisters need big time Dawah, do they believe that dressing this way is Halal. DOn't they realize as muslim women we are suppose to imatate the ways of the prophet's wives and Cover up and have self respect.

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

I think it's about education. Hijaab has become synonymous with headscarf. Hijaab is not a cloth, rather it is a set of rules to carry yourself modestly.

Neways, people go at their own paces. If you've been wearing skinny jeans your whole life and then you accepted islam, to you headscarf would be a big step whereas skinny jeans still feels normal.

It is difficult to gear yourself to love what Allah loves and hate what Allah hates when what Allah hates is what seemed normal to you for the majority of your life. Takes a lot of concentration. One should isolate themselves...go for some walks contemplating this.
    Good post, loonie.
    I;d rather see "hijab" n jeans than no "hijab."

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
    Hence the specificity of my first line.

As for beards, for some reason, people seem to know less about this (at least from what I've seen and heard). =/
    That's the thing, to them it might be the full proper hijab, they might think I have fulfilled my obligation for hijab.

Leave a comment:

• loonietoonie
    replied

I think it's about education. Hijaab has become synonymous with headscarf. Hijaab is not a cloth, rather it is a set of rules to carry yourself modestly.

Neways, people go at their own paces. If you've been wearing skinny jeans your whole life and then you accepted islam, to you headscarf would be a big step whereas skinny jeans still feels normal.

It is difficult to gear yourself to love what Allah loves and hate what Allah hates when what Allah hates is what seemed normal to you for the majority of your life. Takes a lot of concentration. One should isolate themselves...go for some walks contemplating this.

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    ↑I know that's wrong totally, but since it's so widespread, I'm sure many sisters (esp. reverts and those who are just starting to wear hijab) maybe be mistaken. They probably haven't researched the fardhs of hijab completely. So, they might be thinking that headscarf will suffice, because so-and-so only wears headscarf and jeans, so it must be OK. =|
    Hence the specificity of my first line.

As for beards, for some reason, people seem to know less about this (at least from what I've seen and heard). =/

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Hanzalah
    replied

People wear the scarf on their head like that (don't think it's really hijab) more for the wrong reasons that's why...they may realise it's to do with modesty but a lot of people who wear it like that wear it for identity, to hold on to feeling Muslim so to speak. But some of them just don't realise how wrong this is unless it is pointed out to them and they often don't know much about other aspects of Islam either. Though there might be others who refuse to observe proper hijab even though they know what is right, but the first kind of person described is way better than this second person
    Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 16-06-11, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

↑I know that's wrong totally, but since it's so widespread, I'm sure many sisters (esp. reverts and those who are just starting to wear hijab) maybe be mistaken. They probably haven't researched the fardhs of hijab completely. So, they might be thinking that headscarf will suffice, because so-and-so only wears headscarf and jeans, so it must be OK. =|

I know my cousin was saying that you just need enough beard to make it look as if you have a beard and this will fulfill the requirement of Muslim man keeping a beard. But, the least that's accepted is a fist long beard, as we know.

But, there are those who know it, but still persist in pretending to be unaware. That's beyond my understanding..

Khair, may Allah guide us all.

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

The below is only regarding people who mostly know what a hijaab entails and use their brains, as many apparently do.

Even if you're going through the changing phase, I don't get how people manage to wear a scarf (a mere scarf wrapped around your head is not a hijaab), skinny jeans and a top showing off most of their arms and backside. That's beyond ridiculous.

I could understand someone wearing loose fitting clothes (not a jilbaab, abayah, whatever) and a scarf, but the above, I will never understand. As soon as you read about hijaab and let it enter your heart enough to consider observing it, you'd think about how ridiculous the above image would be. Actually, no, just using your brain a little would suffice - considering that nearly everyone knows that one of the points of hijaab is to cover yourself.

The fact is, you try to deceive people with things, but you can't deceive yourself. Such people should reflect on their basic common sense.
    Last edited by Soliloquy; 15-06-11, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

^ Mehh... I agreed with that, too. It just makes sense. :|

Leave a comment:

• kajoorbhai
    replied

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
    Hijaabs with tight clothes - I still feel attracted to them if they're making an effort to please the eye by wearing well matched fashionable and figure hugging clothes with that, "i'm a muslim, but i'm wild inside" look going on.

I can't say the same for a women in a loose fitting Abaya, usually my heart says - protect her, gaze down, be respectful around her.
    Gotta say, that's kinda true for guys. But I lolled at the wild inside part.

The rest of the thread from halfway down the first page is crazy. somalis, niqabis, pedos, rapists, purplemuslimah....so random

Leave a comment:

• mizfissy815
    replied

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    I think we need to understand that rape and harassment is different. If you were talking about harassment, then yes, you can have an argument there because men will whistle, howl, and do crude things if you're dressed a certain way. This can happen anywhere at any time. Whether it is at school, work, when you're at the store, etc... In people's heads, they deserve what they got due to how they are dressed. But when it comes to rape, clothing isn't an issue no matter how much you try to make it one. The rapist is out for one thing, sex and easy sex. He/She wants control over their victim and the way you look, dress, act plays no part. If you're alone and an easy target and the man/female wants it enough, they will go after you.
    Absolute perfection!:up:

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied

Originally posted by sosaveurbreath View Post
    If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Self righteous people are sickening, but they will have a day where they will have to meet their creator.
    Go and look up "projection" in a psychology textbook, because you are being extremely self righteous and closed minded yourself....

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

May Allah bless you w/ better manners, increase your taqwa, increase your love for your brothers and sisters in Islam, increase your emaan and your ilm, and forgive you for your shortcomings.

Sis, forgive me if I had said something you didn't like, InshaAllah.

:salams

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by sosaveurbreath
    he saga doesnt end does it? WHERE did i say i wasnt going to meet with the Almighty? where? I feel like im in the twilight zone.
    That's not the point. I'm trying to make you realize that you are judging people based on posts in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by sosaveurbreath View Post
    If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Self righteous people are sickening, but they will have a day where they will have to meet their creator.
    Sister, you have to meet Allah too. You've been saying there are no good Muslims on this forum and and that people are ignorant while you've only read a couple of threads. Many of your posts are also offensive, don't mind.

Leave a comment:

• sosaveurbreath
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X